First 70.3

Len2Len2 ✭✭
I am 9 weeks away from my first 70.3 event and am starting to doubt if I can do it. I have already in training completed the swim distance in a lake in just under an hour, comfortably, I have run many half marathons, in around 2hrs 30, but the furthest I have ever cycled is 38 miles, which was in the Cotswold and took around 3 hours. I cannot decide whether to keep training and just see how it goes on the day, or if I am just too far away with the bike. Any advice would be welcome

Comments

• JGavJGav ✭✭✭
    Is there a race cutoff?
  • Len2Len2 ✭✭
    There are no cut offs.
  • If it was me over the next 7 weeks I would do bike 2x bike sessions during the week and a long bike on weekend building up to 60miles.

If there are no cut offs then just take it easy on the bike so you don’t burn out on the run.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with stuartc. Also most people do not do the whole distance before the race. Cycling is the easiest part of the three to build up, just take it slow and steady. If there are no cut offs then just enjoy the event and the total amazement afterwards that you did it. 
  • Len2Len2 ✭✭
    Thank you everyone for some good advice