Sunday 16th June 2019 - Two weeks away feels like the whole world should've changed

Morning.

Lyrics - Two weeks away feels like the whole world should've changed

Have a good day OH.

Alehouse I meant how do your the WAVAs of your two 5k times compare?

The sun is shining but we are forecast rain later and tomorrow the wind will pick up <<sigh>> where is summer or at least flaming June? I would so like some good weather.

What:          easy miles
Why:           the holiday is over
Last hard:   sorting my stomach issues
Last rest:    14/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Do hope the weather is decent today: India v Pakistan, the biggest game in world cricket: Manchester will probably confirm it's rainy city image with a billion TV watchers! Forecast is not good.

LMH: 17/6/17 21:24 for 76.95%
    15/6/17 22:26 for 74.74%
    Doesn't look that much difference but 2017's run was much easier as I was pacing someone.

What: probably easy run and fitness suite

Why: not sure what to do yet!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

I am sure that weather you mention that i hate will be back soon enough LMH ;)

Ale: Did you mean 2019 for second 5k? :)

What: 7 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: Tiredness
    Lyrics Nope

Rain for my run but pleased to run no matter the weather.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well spotted, WP: the second 5k was indeed 2019, i.e. yesterday. Was still asleep when I posted!

Very grey here; hope OH has decent weather and goes well!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning! (In the Uk still, midday already here)

Enjoy the cricket Ale if it goes ahead. Nice Wava scores! 

Will try to send you some of next week's forecasted warmth LMH, not so keen on it myself.  Glad you got home ok. 

Good attitude regarding the rain WP.

Hope OH had/has a good run in Hoy.

Nice family pic RFJ, well done.

We had a thunderstorm during the BBQ but not as bad as forecasted.  The badminton club hired a local hut in the woods with a covered fireplace so the weather didn't bother us much.

What: 10 miler planned for later, will put in a few quicker miles in the middle
    Why: need to work off yesterday's calories.  Not too much alcohol but ate too much, in particular helped to empty a vat of cheese fondue and then had a big portion of tirimasu.
    Last rest: 15.06

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Excellent result and nice family pic, RFJ

Yummy stuff, Hazel. Smart move to hire a hut.

Can't believe you had to put the heating on, LMH. Hope the weather improves. Another mug fest here this morning and we're sitting in the garden now in shorts and t-shirts having dinner.

Bit of an epic day here. 18 muggy miles run, then breakfast with parents and a 45 mile bike tour in the afternoon. I'm a bit tired now ;)
    But we stopped for some delicious coffee and cake on our bike ride.

What: see above
    Why: long run was planned, bike ride was hubby's idea. Usually our weekend revolves around my training so it was only fair we rode together.
    Last hard: the saddle after 30 miles :D
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: familiar ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Does indeed sound an epic day, Chick! Heating has been on and off here for the last week! What were yesterday's lyrics?

Sounds a good day yesterday, Hazel!
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hoy Half (2h15m52)
    Fairly happy with that as steady run with none of sole pain issues of last year.
    Heavy showers before and after run but stayed dry for race itself. Warm (vest and shorts) with a bit of a head wind.
    Last hard: see above
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics no

LOL re saddle Chick (like me when I decided to cycle 50 miles last year out of the blue)

There were some pretty speedy "old men" so only 5th in 60-69 age category.
    One Old Man didn't get very far however 😉

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done OH! Can't imagine it was an easy course! I also heard recently that the Old Man in question is terminally ill! 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    well done OH

6.37m for me and no reaction from yesterday so happy.

will be heading out with the parkrun plus group again tomorrow so a chance for some easy miles...

Take care