Monday 17th June 2019 - I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh

Morning.

Lyrics - I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh

Sounds like a lovely day chicksta.

Glad your feet were ok OH.

I much prefer the heat to cold, wet and windy Hazel though fortunately it just looks as though it's going to be a bit blowy here today - no sign of summer though.

What:             short and easy/gym
Why:              enjoyment/needs doing
Last hard:      motivating myself to get to the gym isn't easy
Last rest:       14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Sand In My Shoes by Dido.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Summer: no. Pouring again!

What: undecided. Hoping for an hour or more

Why: rain stopped play
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Great training day yesterday Chicksta.  Hope you can sit down today.

Well done OH.  Lucky weatherwise.

Have a good Monday despite the rain / wind.

What: some general miles this evening
    Why: nothing too hard
    Last hard: 5 miles @MP or a few seconds faster yesterday afternoon in the sun and warmth (sorry!) - well salted after that.
    Last rest: 15.6

Lyrics: no but I feel I should know them.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lazy day in the garden today, Hazel B)
    Nice MP running.

Well done, OH?

Hope the rain stops, ale.

In keep telling myself that gym work makes me less prone to injuries, LMH. That helps a bit with motivation :)

Saturday's lyrics were AC/DC Thunderstruck

What: 5 mile recovery v Run
    Why: legs shot
    Last hard: that bike ride
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I was MIA again this weekend so belated congrats to Family RFJ, Ale on a still impressive 5k, Chicks Mileage and OH's half, plus much more running from elsewhere.

Double weekend of timekeeping for me: Saturday was the Southern Athletics League (home match). A fine home win which should help the promotion push. Also no need for me to run either 5k nor steeple 'for the point'!
    Up to Oxford yesterday for kid's meeting. 6 teams, I'm the only timekeeper...so had to do the first 5 races on my own before a couple who had actually held a stopwatch before came along to assist.

Run wise: 6 easy Saturday and 3 easy yesterday. Today is the Vets league but legs still feel wasted so I'm probably just running to keep loose.
    last rest - 10 days
    last hard - last week

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics I think so
    Blimey Dustin that is a very busy weekend! Take care today with the tired legs
    chick, ooh the bike ride, must read back.  Have a nice run
    hazel enjoy your general miles!
    alehouse, funny old weather at the weekend, hope you get a  nice hour run in!
    LMH enjoy both short and easy and the gym

what: just over a mile this am, 2 more later
    why: getting that mile in just in case I dont do later!
    last hard: reading a crap email about giselles case
    last rest: 31/12/16

Basically the NHS trust (wont say which) who have had 9 months to respond want to hold us up until 20/9/19.  I am so angry and upset.  It is all wrong :-(
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Not good news re Giselle's case, Wabo. I presume your solicitor will object to further delays. Worth involving your MP! And did you parkrun? Plus trust mum was ok!

What: just under 70 minutes

Why: got the bus to make me run back! Got off the bus and it was pouring so sheltered for ten minutes. Got soaked later but better than starting off too wet. Now to stretch!

Dustin: timekeeping is exhausting! A lot of standing and a lot of concentrating. In the northern YA leagues they are ruthless in deducting points if teams don't provide enough officials. Can't run events without them!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Not good with Giselle and NHS lets hope you can sort it out as per Alehouse suggestions?

Dustin: blimey a busy weekend for you!

What: 6 hilly miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard tiredness
    Lyrics Nope

Slow and tired but at least i am out in the rain running :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse what a good plan re the bus!

We can't really get MP's involved as this is a legal case and needs to be dealt with accordingly. The defendant is implying that we shouldn't even be seeking compensation until 3 years after Giselles 18th!!!! Need less to say my solicitor has got back to her and pretty much told her off for lack of understanding and her tone being rude.
    Mum was good alehouse! She is getting there. yes I did park run and in a faster pace than the week before which I was shocked by given the pubs on the run night!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    when I say that about the MP I am not 100% sure that is right but pretty sure the solicitor would not want me to tbh
  • Sea swim so far today, gentle 5k loop later.
    Easy day after Hoy
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest Thursday
    Lyrics no

As I understand it, your right to make a claim for negligence expires 3 years after first knowledge or 3 years after 18th birthday in case of a minor... So not a good idea to wait until then!

Day brightening up here after a cold wet start.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Wabo: really I meant the threat of going to the MP, or to the press, may make a difference! I can hear your solicitor saying, "My client wants to know which page of the newspaper you want to appear on!" Or, "You will understand if my client contacts her MP regarding this unfair delay" etc.  

It has stopped raining here as well, OH, but I wouldn't say it was brightening up much!
  • Sorry to hear about the ongoing difficulties with Giselle's case Wabo. I did enjoy my run - and endured the gym.

Naughty to expect you to time keep alone Dustin. Which events are you doing this evening?

No rain here Alehouse - yet.

Wet again with you Poppy?

How are the repairs progressing OH?

Still warm with you chicksta?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Didn't stay brighter and dry for long: 3 very wet recovery miles, underfoot and from on high!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Several more torrential downpours here also, OH, preventing  cross training in the garden! 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

Wabo hope all gets sorted

Good club session taking out the parkrun plus group 4m tonight plus the 1k each way to/from club.

work is busy, but no change there. see the doc on Weds ref my IBS flare up....

Take care