Options

Tuesday 18th June 2019 - Some people think I'm crazy

Morning.

Lyrics - Some people think I'm crazy

It's a lovely morning here, best we are forecast for the week, and I don't have to be in work until this afternoon so I'm hoping to make the most of it with a longer run. Seize the day and all that.

What:             hopefully either a MLR or LSR
Why:              I want to
Last hard:      sleeping
Last rest:       14/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Back On The Chain Gang - The Pretenders.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Not a bad forecast here in that it is supposed to be dry; cricket at Old Trafford today so I can see the forecast being wrong! 

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: Tuesday, work, ran longer yesterday etc
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - that's really upsetting to hear about Giselle's case, it's probably worth rattling a few cages...
    What - club night, either track 400s or pyramids.
    Why - the plan
    last rest - arguably yesterday
    last hard - today
    Vets league last night - home fixture - and we were brimming over with runners. Managed to find both a V50 steeplechaser and a spare V35 so my services were not called upon!
    Pondered non scoring 400 or 1500, but after a mile easy warm up, everything just felt a bit tight so erred on the cautious side, and just kept it easy running (get me, I've finally grown up!)
    Instead applied some last minute coaching to our lady triple jumpers (neither had done it before) and then assisted judging both that and the hammer.
    A wonderful evening all round though, as we managed to fill all the men's team and all but one of the women's high jump spots (we didn't have any 100m or 1500m runners two matches ago...)
    As a result our ladies finished 3rd (previously 7th and 7th) and our men broke Southampton's 23 match winning streak (going back 6 years) to win by about 9 points. Just goes to show that filling the team sheet and having reserves happy to step in, really does help.

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues regarding Giselle Wabo.

Lots of athletics Dustin, well done to your club!

Nice bus-run combo Ale.   The UK will be floating away soon.  Once the sun comes out, the garden will grow a mile a minute... (any of that in there?)

Well done for getting out despite the rain and your tiredness WP.

Hope the GP can give you some help tomorrow RFJ.

Make the most of today's better weather LMH.  Have a good run.

What: group outing this evening - then off to the pub
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: getting acclimatized to the current heat. 
    Last rest: 15.06.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Sounds like a sensible decision and a good evening Dustin. Let's hope it inspires some of them to turn out a bit more often.

I hope it stays dry Alehouse - I am so ready for some good weather.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH enjoy the glorious weather while it is here!
    Rain coming later,  right when I race round the Olympic park!!
    lyrics, Oh I feel I should!!
    Hazel sounds fun later!!
    Dustin what an amazing successful evening you had! Enjoy the club night. 
    Alehouse have a great day, I think rain is coming in later, I hope not!

Re Giselle, it is so hard to know what to do, we have a legal team who are really good so have to stick with them.  I have rattled cages to get them parking etc. I just feel so sorry for them, they now need a bigger car to accommodate a wheel chair and it will cost them a bit (shortfall on what is allowed).  It is all so wrong. 
    Anyway we will get there!!

What: race round Olympic Park
    why: Elvis league, 5k this time 
    last hard: yesterday evening second run of the day!
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What 7.14miles
    Why: Building up  slowly to avoid fatigue
    Last hard: Tiredness
    Lyrics: Yes

Slight improvement lets hope it keeps building.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Must have cross posted with you Hazel, enjoy your evening and the heat, whilst it's a better day here the high is only 17C :-(

Hope you have a good race Wabo.

Good to hear that things are getting better Poppy.

About five miles from home on this morning's run I realised that my ego was writing cheques that my body couldn't cash and whilst I wanted to make the most of the lovely weather and run the route along the canal I probably wasn't really recovered enough (Yeovil feels like forever ago) but fortunately I was able to just ease back and bimble home happily.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry been awol. Was away at weekend so we could wash clothes and eat proper food! Also managed to use my aunt's kitchen to do some batch cooking to feed us this week.

Yoga tonight.

Wabo sounds like an awful situation.
    Ale you following this?!

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    6.8 miles over Marwick Head and back
    Birthday girl's request
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics no

Stayed mostly dry for run, which was as well as one of us had forgotten a waterproof.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to.see you Emz! Was wondering where you were! And I'm working so only just caught up on Captain Morgan and his merry men. I'm a couple of miles away from OT and it is getting darker by the minute.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Sensible both of you, LMH and Dustin.

That athletic night sounds fun. I'd fancy a go at the triple jump. I have long legs ;)

Good to see you, em. I was getting a bit worried.

Wabo: that's just horrid. Really makes you wonder what the people in charge smoke ... Good luck for tonight's race and fingers crossed your legal team succeed in Giselle's case🤞

Happy birthday OH's OH :)

Have a good pub night, Hazel.

Still oh so hot here 🔥 I find it even harder to sleep and running is a bit of a chore.

What: 9 miles with strides
    Why: plan
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: I feel I should know them