Monday 24th June 2019 - That place we all run to

Morning.

Lyrics - That place we all run to
             It can come down on you

Grey morning here with rain forecast from midday and a wet day tomorrow too - was that summer?

I love poppies Dustin and we have a lot of the lilac ones too, they are a cultivated strain I believe.

Three hours of mandatory training starting at 0930hrs today so not much time for me this morning.

What:             short and easy
Why:              short of time
Last hard:      staying awake through this may be
Last rest:       14/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    Apparently the lilac poppies are harvested for medicinal purposes. Even so, lovely to run through.
    Enjoy the training LmH, I love it when those "you have x mandatory online tests to do" pop into my inbox. I do love a good anti-fraud or GDPR tutorial....

What - easy lunchtime, probably covering beginner session at the club tonight.
    Why - recovery
    last rest - a week
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - possibly
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: shorter version of my bus run

Why: cutting back for a few days

Grey here but sun is due out...before the rain at lunchtime...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

We do not have lilac poppies here I love them :)

What 6.5 miles
    Why: Upset tum
    Last Hard: tiredness and tum
    Lyrics Nope

I was grateful to run as far as I did!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

You can make paragliding as dangerous as you want to Ale - me, I am a cautious pilot and so far only a few bruises and one potentially pretty dodgy situation in 18 years of flying. 

Never seen lilac poppies Dustin.  Didn't know they exist.  Good shoe shopping and a nice trail outing yesterday.

Hope you survive the training today LMH. 

Have a nice bus-run Ale. 

Hope the tum improves quickly WP.

Hope OH is ok.

What:  10k general aerobic d&d
    Why: out before it gets too hot.  Didn't give myself a chance to stay in bed by "leaping" out of it as soon as the alarm went off at an earlier hour than normal.  (not Chicksta/LMH early though).
    Last hard: watching the forecast - heatwave until Sunday at least.
    Last rest: yesterday

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Wish it would get hot here, Hazel! Today's run (30 minutes) was accompanied by drizzle (not supposed to rain until one o'clock!). No sun. 

Car service and MOT this afternoon. Will probably be raining by then so that will prevent walking around the shops!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    poppies in the field for DUstin, saw them on the way back from Cornwall
    alehouse I hope the MOT goes well, dreading mine next month
    hazel you are an all action woman! 
    Pretty sure I saw Lilac poppies in Cornwall or in Eden Project this weekend
    poppy, hope your tum settles but good miles anyway
    dustin enjoy the lunchtime run
    LMH enjoy your easy

Has anyone ever done Lanhydrock PArk run?? Oh my goodness, hardest I have ever done, had to walk up the last hill a bit.  My calves were not happy!! Legs ache still.  But what a beautiful one. I wasn't last...

what: 5 k easy leg loosener later
    why: it will help..
    last hard: Saturday and even running round my brothers hilly village yesterday!
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hi all
    Just back from weekend midsummer sea swimming trip.
    Left Orkney on Friday 16:45 ferry, swam at Melvich then a sunset solstice swim at Balnakiel. Saturday we walked to Sandwood Bay, swam there then walked back to swim at Old Shore Mor. On Sunday we swam at Sango Sands, Ceannabeinne then finall at Scrabster just before 1900 ferry home. Great weather and great fun.
    Miserable grey wet morning back home but hope to get out for Monday Loop later.
    last hard - coming home (others in group had to work this morning)
    last rest ?
    lyrics no
  • A few photos from the weekend

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Nice pics, Dustin, wabo and OH👏

OH: water looks lovely but I bet it's freezing. Love the high elbow in the front crawl pic :+1: my swim coach would have been pleased.

I still think you need to be quite brave to go paragliding,  Hazel. I'd be scared shitless :D
    Well done beating the heat.

Dustin: I'm also massively fond of online training courses on completely nonsensical topics ;)

Hope your tummy settles, poppy

Enjoy your bus run,  ale. 30 degrees currently, ok if I sent 10 your way?

At least you got something in,  LMH

What: 7 + 3 and core work
    Why: P&D double double recovery run day. Was meant to do 6 and 4 but this worked better with grocery shopping :)
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: 25/5
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh and  yesterday's lyrics were (I'm in) Pieces, Declan J Donovan
  • What a lovely photo Wabo.

Sounds as though you had a good time OH.

Hope your car passed ok Alehouse - Mark's is in today.

I'll take 10C for you Hazel - close here as the forecast thunderstorms haven't arrived as yet but not hot.

Nice multitasking chicksta.

Oh dear Poppy, even more under the weather?

Dustin - this was three hours in a classroom............

Made time for 6 this morning and could have gone out again this afternoon but am too lazy, chose to bake a lemon drizzle and make my first ever lemon curd instead (think I overcooked it and it's going to be rather thick but it should be fine on toast - tastes good anyway).
  • She’s a channel swimmer, Chicksta.
    Water temperature 12C
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Afternoon!

Great photos being posted! 

MOT passed, LMH! Hope Mark's did also. Car now three years old: will no longer have it serviced at the main dealer now that the warranty is finished! Far too expensive! Used to know lots of little friendly back street garages but seem to have gone away from them in recent years. Not a fan of lemon curd, I'm afraid. Will settle for the lemon drizzle cake though!

Are you away again, Wabo?
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Last time I swam in 12C in a wetsuit I was cold OH!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: resting
    Why: 2 busy days so bring sensible
    Last hard: being sensible!
    Lyrics: nope

Lovely poppy photos Dustin and wabo
    Oh looks like a lovely weekend.
    Ale glad your car passed :)

Kitchen now has walls and paint! Units are arriving tomorrow.

Have a lovely evening all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Last time I swam in 12C in a wetsuit I was cold OH!
    :D
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Love lemon curd 😋

• It did thanks Alehouse - we use a little back street garage about 100m away, very convenient as well as supporting a local independent.

Did you get much at the food festival emzap?

I'm hoping it will taste ok chicksta, the set doesn't seem as firm as I'd feared, I'll find out tomorrow.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh that sounds like a nice cake. I'm not a big lemon curd fan but it tastes nice in lemon cake.

We got a bits and pieces lunch at the food festival so were able to try a few things. Also there were a few tasters and we brought some cake home.  Loads of beer and gins available to taste too (hopefully next year!) And all were from local suppliers. Very impressive!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    hi all,

back down to earth after a great weekend away at a Christian Men Festival complete with their own 5k run.....

had to leave work early and rush over to Basingstoke A&E where Jnr was rushed in under blue lights, his HR dropped to low 30s with dizzy spells and tightness.... thankfully (after a lot of prayer and worry), he is OK and back at his home in Andover.... looks like a blip / severe reaction to his medication, which hopefully now sorted... so a very unexpected day.... just been out from laps of peace of mind and thankfulness.

Take care