Lyrics: Tropical Summer, Balmy Day

25 degrees at 6am. Yeah :) not ... 10 degrees duly boxed and posted, ale

What: recovery run
Why: sensible head
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: 25/5

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Heat Dies Down - Kaiser Chiefs.

Hope you've had a good one chicksta, being sensible will pay off in the longer term.

It's due to arrive on Saturday looking at our forecast Alehouse, we are supposed to be having a one day freak heatwave.

At least it's dry this morning though grey and chilly. We had so much rain yesterday that I'm going to be limited to road routes though. I think that and the lack of sunshine is what's denting my enthusiasm. I was planning a LSR but my head really isn't in it this morning so I'll probably just MLR. A couple of hours in work this afternoon will round off my day.

What:            hopefully a few more easy miles
    Why:             it usually makes me feel better
    Last hard:     being enthusiastic about anything is a bit hard just now
    Last rest:      14/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hello all
    Wabo - smashing photos, been to (but not run) Lanhydrock. 
    OH - I'm not a swimmer, but that does look inviting!
    RFJ - Worrying indeed, hope Jnr is fully mended 
    Chick (et al.) - It's always a good policy to not read too much into any session. Some will go really well, others badly, others will be aborted. Always take a step back and look at progress over weeks and months. 

What - Steady lunchtime miles
    Why - recovery
    Last rest - 9 days
    Last hard - yesterday I guess. Day off at the spa with Mrs D and 2x daughters to celebrate end of A levels and end of degree. Managed an undulating hour tempo but it was super muggy. Ended up drenched and covered in wildlife. Evening ws club session (me coaching) , so a  further 2 x 10 minutes tempo (which was 5minute ks for me after the earlier run...)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Grey and drizzly and 14 degrees. Supposed to be 24 tomorrow...if Chick's post arrives.

What: short and easy later

Why: working

Not good cricket-wise, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Morning

Similar here Chicksta though I was out a bit later.  I think your heatwave is due to end fairly soon - lucky for you.

Get ready to make the most of that weather at the weekend LMH.  Hope you refind your enthusiasm soon. 

Day at the spa seems it might have been nice Dustin.  Good running in not so good conditions afterwards. 

Edit for Ale: I sent the 10 degrees by express courier and registered.  Not arrived yet?

Have a good day everyone.

What: 5 recovery d&d
    Why: too hot for exercice later in the day
    Last rest: 23.06.

Lyrics: no
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

What: 7.1 miles
    Why I could no better reason.
    Last hard: tum which has gone away-yay
    Lyrics: Nope

I went out at 5am very humid my hair was bathed is sweat it looked like I had just washed it!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Glad you are feeling better WP. 
  • Greyish start to day but dry so far

Sea swim shortly (track this evening)
    It's Wednesday
    Yesterday felt hard.
    Rest ?
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    wow busy start!
    I am doing a family marathon on Saturday the day of teh freak wave, guess I will do about 10 miles around viccy park, so will my mate, or a bit less.  The rest will be made up by jodie lyla cleo my oh.  I will also do a mile with giselle in her wheelchair/buggy!
    Poppy glad the tum is better! nice early run
    hazel, feels 10 degrees where I am, have a nice easy run
    alehouse, not good cricket eh! Enjoy your short and easy
    dustin enjoy your steady lunch time miles!
    lmh have a nice easy and Chick enjoy recovery!

what: 4 easy miles later
    why: gave blood last night so having a long break before I run again
    last hard: giving blood ha ha 
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    6 miles slogged - I was drenched after only 1k :) but Hazel is right and we're forecast some more moderate temps over the next 2 days. Weekend looks hot again though.

LMH: Hope your mojo returns. How many weeks until York?

Dustin: Wise words. Sounds like you had a lovely family outing.

Nice miles again, Poppy.

Wabo: Family marathon sounds fun.

OH: Enjoy the sea swim. I'm going to dip into our local lake this evening.
  • My running mojo/enthusiasm is fine - it's the rest of life I'm not feeling so good about  :( I'm sure some heat and sun will perk me up - it just doesn't look as though we're going to get any.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Poppy.

Sounds like a tough day Dustin (but then a spa day is not my idea of fun........)

I saw that family marathon advertised Wabo, hope you all have a lovely day. You'll just need more walk breaks, drinks and ice cream if summer arrives for the day  :)

Well done on getting your miles in early chicksta and Hazel.

It's only 14C here now Alehouse and feels colder. A mizzly, chilly day - I wasn't too warm in a long sleeve top.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sun has just come out! Think it was due to only half a package arriving (thanks!): now 5 degrees warmer than earlier and up to 18.5 with a slight breeze. Felt quite humid when I ran as opposed to this morning when I was teaching PE outside and had to send in for a hoody: it was indeed mizzly and chilly. 

Interesting marathon, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

What: walk to doctor for midwife appointment
    Why: better for me than driving there
    Last hard: this afternoon. I was so knackered I slept for 2 hours.
    Lyrics: nope, but waiting for said tropics

Was planning on bbqing tonight but the builders seem to have buried the coal under the unbuilt kitchen...

LMH have things with FiL calmed down now?
    Chick I think I'd rather my weather than yours, especially with my built in hot water bottle!
    We have a couple of units in now, getting excited about when I may be able to cook again :)

Have a lovely evening all.
  • FiL is settled in the home emzap though there is to be a review of his nursing needs (read funding) in about a month so MiL is stressed (though I don't think there should be any issue). It's MiL who takes up most of my time - she still needs/wants a lot of support and I'm it.