Thursday 27th June 2019 - Touch me

Morning.

Lyrics - Touch me
             Believe me

Another overcast morning here with a high of only 20C forecast though it is supposed to brighten up later. I'm afraid it's going to be a short summer - assuming we get one  :(

What:             short and easy/gym
Why:               I can/I should
Last hard:       keeping me happy as well as everyone else
Last rest:        14/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Thanks for the other 5 degrees! Bright blue sky and a bright yellow sun with a high of around 25 forecast! 

What: around 8k with some of it faster in the middle

Why: running with around 489 others

Dentist pm. Just a check up and hope it is just a check up!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Well it's stunning here!
    What - mob match against our local rivals (2.5 mile trail race followed by food, cake and beer)
    Why - annual show down
    last rest - Last Monday
    last hard - I reckon tonight will be muggy...
    lyric - I think so
  • You're warmer than us Alehouse - 12C here currently, feels like 10C - I was hoping it would have warmed up somewhat by the time I'd taken MiL to the train station but it doesn't look as though it's going to do that. LFOTM? Enjoy.

Cake after running sounds good Dustin!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    confused here, it can't be lfotm?  What is it alehouse!
    lmh enjoy the gym and short, I am afraid my daughter would totally disagree on the weather, she hates the hot and sun!
    dustin love a mob match - do well!!

What: 2.25 d&d 
    why: sports massage on neck and shoulders followed by yoga
    last hard: this am
    last rest 31/12/16

such tension in my shoulders it is horrible!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Which 5k race is that Ale? Manchester local one?
    You can have our heat LMH 24 degrees today!!

What 8.1 miles
    Why: All has come good again
    Last hard: Today nothing 
    Lyrics Nope

A great run a fast last mile legs felt fantastic they wanted to run further:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hope the sports massage helped, wabo.

Glad your legs are back, Poppy. Will you help me to find mine?

Mob match sounds fun, Dustin. And anything with cake has gotta be good.

Sounds like your weather is improving, albeit slowly, LMH.

What: 15 mile MLR
    Why: the road to Berlin …
    Last hard: Today. Someone must have stolen my legs. All bounce was gone and I felt flat footed and heavy. Sigh. Last couple of runs were all good so I guess I was just due an absolute stinker. Even thought about cutting it short and try again tomorrow but that would be too close to my LSR at the weekend. AA at the end of the day I'm neither ill nor injured so there was no real reason to stop other than being unhappy with my pace and rate of perceived exertion. Good kick up the backside and session completed. It was super windy but temps around 16 were perfect for me.
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: Yes

Yesterday's were Abba, The heat is on

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Family mara should be fun Wabo. Good on you with the blood donation. Massage must have been a bit painful.

Did you go for a swim Chicksta?  I made it to my neighbours oversized paddling pool at least.  Have some lakes not too far away but currently more OH's temps than mine.. (snow melt from the alps filling them up). Sometimes a kick up the arse is what's needed.  Getting through that is what makes you tough for the last miles of a race.

Certainly sounds like a race Ale.  Enjoy!  Glad the package arrived.  More on offer if you want.  Good luck at the dentist.

You can start planning a nice meal to christen the kitchen soon emzap.

Hope the home funding doesn't become an issue again LMH. 

Enjoy the food, cake and beer Dustin (oh and the race as well).

Glad you are running well again WP.

What: 10 miles pre breakfast / work
    Why: this week's long run (race on Sunday)
    Last hard: did anyone mention heat above?  (hottest day of the week expected today and no real respite forecasted)
    Last good news: the course of the hill race on Sunday has been changed due to a road collapsing (needed for transporting stuff up and and down and runners back down).  Much less upping involved and the two evil bits have been left out.  What goes up must go down though - we now run back down to the start.
    Last rest: 23.06

Lyrics:  Yes!  B)

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    sorry I have confused y ou all
    sports massage is later hence run d&d, it will be painful, I will tell you tomorrow....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I was getting ahead of myself Wabo - thought it was Friday - wishful thinking I guess.

Me too Hazel - I could do without more stress, just beginning to realise how much it was all affecting me as my sleep is improving and I'm gaining some weight.

chicksta - on runs like those I just remind myself that it's the miles that are important, not the pace. 

Good that you're feeling better Poppy.

It has brightened up here and is warmer though windy, still only 20C though and just the one hot day forecast  :(
  • A hot day Inverness and south but struggling to reach 12°C here today.
    short sea swim
    a bit tired after yesterday (2 sea swims and progressive track session)
    last hard: see above
    lyrics: no
    last rest: probably 9th June after Dirty 30
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Evening!

So, local 5k this evening. Excuses first:
    1. It was still 24 degrees at 7:30 which came as a shock in this part of the UK!
    2. I was watching the cricket on TV this afternoon when I noticed a bulge in the wall paper: a couple of hours later after lifting lots of floor boards I found the leak. Still waiting for emergency plumber!
    3. It took me 14 seconds to cross the line and then was walking for the first 50/60 metres before breaking into a jog. Very busy: finished 280th of 514! 3rd in age group. 

22:23 chip time: if I am honest a little disappointed that I wasn't closer to 22. Never really flowed this evening; usually spend most of a race passing people. Was pretty well in the same position from 2k to the end, passing only a handful. Had to give myself a talking to just after 3k and imagined that I was running another course: thanks for the encouragement Emz! Not that it is an excuse but my Garmin was all over the place: it didn't like the lap of the track at the start nor some wooded areas. Age grading just under 75%. Quickest time for over 2 years!

The 5k was the first of the series, with a race fortnightly. Will probably train through the next two and try to hit the final one hard. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.