Monday 22nd July 2019 - The bodies on the naked on the low damp ground

Morning.

Lyrics - The bodies on the naked on the low damp ground

Glad you're feeling better emzap. I hope you had a good night and that the appointment today helps.

It's dull and windy here this morning but we are forecast a hot day tomorrow - 31C - I'll believe it when it happens.

What:            whatever I can coax from the legs/gym
Why:             they aren't as happy as I thought they'd be/needs doing
Last hard:     not having the sea to run by
Last rest:       14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - The Long Way Around - Dixie Chicks.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope you can rest up a bit today emzap and the appointment with your consultant goes well.

Great 5 mile race RFJ.

Well done on your course PB WP.

Enjoy the heat whilst it lasts LMH (if it does turn up that is).  I would love to have the sea to run by!

Have a good week all.

What: gentle cycle this evening
    Why: running rest day
    Last hard: keeping cool
    Last rest: 22.07

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: probably running with M74 at our 9:15 Monday slot, although haven't heard from him

Why: a chance to run in company

LMH, re niggles: some improving, some worsening, some new!

20 degrees and cloudy here at present, but due to be 26/27 this pm.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

I hope Wabo and Giselle are doing okay as no news.

What: 8.1 miles
    Why; Because i could even if slow as a tortoise
    Last hard: This morning
    Lyrics Nope

Just one of those slow as a tortoise runs never mind it will come good.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Sisters of Mercy - Floorshow. I was a bit of a goth in my youth.

What: 1 mile relays this evening.
    Why: club race. And because it's one of the most fun events in the calendar.

• Hi Cal and welcome to the thread. The general format is to say whether or not you know the lyrics - they are revealed by the original poster the next day. Enjoy the relay this evening.

Sorry to hear that you have new niggles Alehouse.

Miles in the bank Poppy.

I persuaded my legs to keep going for a MLR, even less keen on this afternoon's gym visit now but needs must.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Good to see you on here, Cal! I usually read Shades's thread but don't contribute as am far too old for marathons! Stick around, and don't worry about revealing the lyrics...lots of us have done that! I presume that you are at Battersea tonight: my friend SG from the StevieG thread is due to run. 

The daily thread: someone, anyone, starts the thread each day using a line or two from a song, usually the first line unless that contains the title. Everyone has to say whether they know the lyrics or not, but don’t actually say what they are. The answer is revealed at the end of the day, or more usually, the next day. Where possible the lyrics have a degree of topicality. 

People also say:

What: as in what training is planned

Why: that training will happen

Some add:
    Last hard: noting a particularly hard run

Last rest: last rest day

Often people will comment on other things that they plan to do, or the weather!

Feel free to join us!

What: Ended up accompanying M74 on his warm up prior to speed work; I didn't feel like joining in so plodded on to make the run up to 44 minutes. Very humid today. 

Chick: T20 cricket stands for twenty/twenty. Each side gets to bat for 20 overs unless they are all out. It is a modern format so that the game is done and dusted in three hours. Yesterday was good but it was rather cool and blustery and I had to put my jacket on.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: some walks in-between my hospital trip
    Why: trying to keep to 10000 steps (though yesterday managed less than 2000 but I needed the rest)
    Last hard: hearing I have 3 hospital appointments today, not just 1! May be some time...
    Still feeling very tired but yesterday's rest definitely helped.

Ale were you at vitality blast?

Have a great day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Was at Old Trafford yesterday Emz: Lancs looked very good...or Durham were very poor, being all out in 16 overs. Next home Blast is Friday against Worcestershire. Yorkshire away first.
    Hope this pm goes well. Doubt you will be enjoying the warmer weather  and humidity at present. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the cricket explanation, em and ale.

Glad you're feeling a bit better, em. Hope the hospital stuff isn't too stressful.

Welcome Cal, stick around :)

MLR for me as well that, LMH. Decided to front load my week. This run was scheduled for Thursday but it's going to be mercilessly hot the next couple of days, even early doors🔥 with a little luck I may squeeze another MLR in tomorrow and then take it easy for a while.

Enjoy the cycling, Hazel.

What: see above
    Why: heat avoidance strategy
    Last hard: looking at the forecast
    Last rest: 15/7
    Lyrics: I know the song but couldn't place the lyrics, so it's a no
  • I hope everything has gone ok emzap.

I'm hoping for another MLR tomorrow too chicksta though it is forecast to be a warm one here too.

No gym this afternoon as had to take MiL for blood tests instead so I shall have to make myself go later in the week.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

welcome Cal

What - 3.25m recovery plod (if I can call it that
    Why - totally wrecked after yesterday race.... more effort that I thought, judging by bodies reaction today
    Last hard - Trying to move freely
    Last Rest - Last week

Lyrics even with the give away, no.....

Counting down to another year and Holiday at the end of the week....

Take care all
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Heh sorry about that. Yes, just back from mile relays. One of the most fun events of the year.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds fun, Cal...and reading elsewhere you will be pleased with your result (not that we ever are!)!

Not another birthday, RFJ? And are you off on your travels? Guess you ran harder than you thought yesterday!

A couple of decent MLRs I note!

27 here today. Happy with that but don't really want much more...or much less!
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Yes alehouse - a 6 second improvement over last year.
    33 here in London... my flat hasn't reached nuclear temperature yet - it'll do that just before bedtime. Yay me.
  • This is my first time on a training thread - thanks for the explanations, LMH and alehouse! I always wondered what the lyrics in the thread titles were for.

So:

Lyrics: not until I saw Cal's post
    What: 6 miles, but not until the sun and temperature have gone down a bit
    Why: Marathon in September
    Last hard: the last mile of my 13 mile run on Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday
  • Hi emzap!

It's Tuesday, isn't it? I posted in the wrong day :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is indeed Tuesday...welcome Maccazz! And you are not, of course, the first person to post on the wrong day! Stick around!