Tuesday, 23rd July 2019 - I'm tired, I'm weary

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning 😴💤

Lyrics: I am tired, I am weary
I could sleep for a thousand years

Well, I wish I could ... Sigh.
Fact is I can't sleep, so might as well run.

Hope your MLR goes well and that the legs are cooperating,, LMH.

What: another MLR
Why: last chance this week
Last hard: sleeping
Last rest: 15/7

Comments

• Morning.

Sorry to hear that you still aren't sleeping well chicksta. I was up at 0100hrs taking painkillers for a headache that has persisted since Sunday evening so not sure how my run will go if I get out - hope you've had a good one.

Glad you enjoyed the relays Cal.

Where are you off on holiday RFJ?

We are forecast to hit 31C this afternoon Alehouse but it should be pleasant enough for running this morning.

What:          hopefully a MLR
    Why:           take advantage of the lovely weather
    Last hard:   having to go in to my windowless work this afternoon
    Last rest:    14/6

Lyrics - no but apt for me too.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What appropriate lyrics here too chick!

What: yoga and walking
    Why: it's yoga day and the doctor told me to keep walking (he was amazed I was so active, do other pregnant women do nothing?!)
    Last hard: spending 3 hours in the hospital yesterday (all ok though so good news)
    Lyrics: nope

Been told to take it a bit easier though (surprise suprise!) So will be relaying this to my boss... let's see if anything changes!

Have a great day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no...and slept slightly better than usual!

What: short run/fitness suite

Why: Tuesday

Glad your appointments went well, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no, sorry to read about your headache, LMH. If you resort to painkillers it must be quite bad :(  Did you manage your planned MLR?

Enjoy yoga, em. I guess you answered your own question there re. other pregnant women doing nothing :)  But listen to the doctors. You have to be careful, especially in the heat.

Ale: Please send me some zzzs in return for the heat that I mailed over the other day ;)

Managed 12 miles in the end before I ran out of time and felt too hot. Should have been 13 but then the plan never asked me to do 2 MLRs in a row. Legs feel surprisingly good and I kept my HR low. Quite relieved to see no sessions this week, just miles :)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Good work at the weekend over 5m RFJ!, and kudos to Hazel for 13 pre breakfast miles. My immediate reaction to waking up is eating....Oh , and Hi to Cal!

What - club night, could be interesting
    Why - Combination. Had yesterday off, so bagged 13 miles at 6am, then round trip to collect eldest from friends (80 miles each way), then more chores, then QoP who left my legs battered.
    Work today for a rest (and welcomed by just short of 1,400 e-mails...
    Last Rest - last Tuesday
    Last Hard - QoP elbows in my glutes. repeatedly.

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 4 miles
    Why: Felt ill so back to bed/too hot
    Last Hard: this morning
    Lyrics: Yes

The way I was feeling I though no run even back to bed  for a few more hours sleep!So happy with that.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Maybe I should try that run if I can't sleep approach sometimes as well Chicksta.  Must put a stash of clothes somewhere as I don't think OH will be amused if I start rummaging in drawers at 3am.  Hope you can get in some decent sleep soon despite the heat.  Good run this morning.

Well done regarding the relays Cal - nice to see you drop in here.

Should be your sort of weather for sure today LMH.   Hope the headache is better by now.

Good news on the results from yesterday emzap. 

Dustin - enjoy the club outing (if you can drag yourself away from the emails that is..).  I must admit I did eat a small flapjack bar before heading out and downed 1 tea and 1 espresso..  Proper breakfast was post run though.

Hope you feel better soon WP.

Have you met SG in real life Ale?  I admit to being one of his permanent lurkers..  Was bored one day and was browsing around for a thread to read and got stuck!

What: 14k general aerobic run d&d before (proper) breakfast (1 bit of flapjack, 1 tea, 1 coffee as above)
    Why: 1st day of P&L HM plan - needed to get out before work and the heat.
    Last hard: suprisingly slowing down this morning - was expecting to bimble around with my eyes half shut
    Last rest: 22.07.

Lyrics:no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Morning again!

Yes, Hazel, have met SG a few times! First time was in Hyde Park at Last Friday of the month and I was wearing the jacket as per my picture and he came and introduced himself. Met at Hyde park race again at some point with SC2, and then SG and I have been to watch Salford City football when he was up here!

Wabo???
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That is a lot of emails for having had one day off Dustin - I'm surprised you have time to do anything else whilst you're there!

Glad everything is ok emzap. I don't think your boss has much choice but to listen, pregnant women are quite well protected employment wise I think.

Sorry you're feeling ill again Poppy.

I didn't manage my planned MLR chicksta - I did another LSR instead! It was slow but my work this afternoon was cancelled and it was such a nice morning that I was very happy to just bimble round - and it seems to have cured my headache, bonus!

Which half are you targeting Hazel?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh gosh sorry all and bless you!! Giselle's op went well, she is home now after being on epidural and not a happy bunny having to be on her back and raised. So the hospital let her go and arranged transport as she is now in a brace for 4 weeks.  It will be tough for them but she'll be way better at home!
    Come back later with more but just needed to let you all know that much
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    sorry alehouse!! x

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nothing to be sorry about, Wabo! (I had messaged to ask how things were). Glad everything seemed to go to plan! 

Well done LMH: sounds like a decent long run! And a decent 12, Chick!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap great news, I bet lots do not do as much as you!
    Did only a little run this morning, had a mad weekend in York with friends, much needed tbh.  Managed York Park run while I was there With a friendly york man challenging me to a sprint finish as I kept going past him, I won :-) 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo so glad all is well. Thanks for the update :)

Struggling a bit in the heat!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Bet you're struggling, em.

Wabo: So glad everything is ok

LMH: Wow, impressive. I don't know how you cope in this heat. Running usually clears my headaches too. Before I grab any pills I usually try to run a few miles instead.

Nice early running again, Hazel. I'm ok without food before I go out but not without coffee and its effects on my - ahem - digestive tract :)

Hope you feel better tomorrow, Poppy.

Dustin: wow, that's way too many e-mails … Dunno if it's just me but my world (especially at work) was better before the implementation of e-mail accounts.
  • So pleased to hear that everything went well Wabo.

I just go slower chicksta. I was surprised when yesterday's run didn't clear my headache, glad it has today though and hope it stays away now.

Hope you can keep yourself cool emzap.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Phew, relieved to see Wabo back with good news regarding Giselle. Hope she recovers fast.

Good way to enjoy the workfree day LMH. My half is at the end of October in Lausanne.

Can't be easy for you emzap.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Right there with you, chicksta - I suffer from premature waking. But when good to get out when it's hot. And yes, I have to have coffee first thing. It does a good job of clearing the pipes.

What: 10 miles
    Why: That Autumn marathon isn't going to run itself
    Last rest: Thursday (I normally rest Mondays but had the relays)
    Last hard: Last night's flat out mile
    Lyrics: yes
  • 7 miles over Wideford hill followed by swim
    Hottest day so far this year
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: what me?

Good to hear all is going to plan Wabo

Better day all round today.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Just moving Tuesday's thread above Monday's!

Sounds like a decent day's training OH!

If you ran ten miles comfortably this morning Cal then there are quite a few seconds to come off that mile time; after my hardest shorter distance races I can barely walk the next day. And hope the flat cools!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

busy on here today

Very hot out there. but did manage 12 x 0,1m intervals (4.3m in total)

LMH, off to a Christian Event called New Wine... camping near Peterborough

Take care