Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: of course!

What: short and easy

Why: the heat. 

A very warm night here and then a massive storm stopped sleep here also.

Hope you have plenty of jobs lined up for dad, Emz whilst you listen to the test!

Cal, Maccazz: which marathons do you have coming up?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo -thanks for the update, glad everything is all OK
    LmH - it's good to do bonus miles when work doesn't stop play! Oh and the e-mails were for a two week break - had Cornwall, then Leeds. TBH I deleted all but the last two days's worth. If it's important, they can resend. 
    There are usually loads of those "copy the whole world" chains that you get pulled into. Delete.
    Cal - impressive to do a 10 after a mile race. If you don't mind me asking, what's the format of the relays?

What - easy lunchtime miles, coaching village group tonight
    Why - routine & recovery after last night's 5x1km reps in 29c heat (not pretty)
    last rest - 7 days
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - I'd be amazed if someone doesn't get this...
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Welcome to Cal and Maccazz

What:6.25 miles
    Why: Because I  could
    Last Hard: Sleeping and humidity this morning 100%
    Lyrics: Oh I think  everyone will know these;-)

A better run over hilly route but still slow with heat.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Easy lyrics for the heat induced brain fog :)

My breakfast walk was unbearably sticky, I dread to think what it'll be like for my lunchtime one!
  • Options
    Morning.

I think you'd be better off with a swim if you're aching emzap. Enjoy having your dad with you.

Have I somehow missed another new arrival? Haven't seen a post from Maccazz?

No internet this morning probably a result of last night's mega storms, very dramatic and very long lasting, poor Grace coped ok with the first one but was overwhelmed by the second and had to get us up for some reassurance, not that there was any possibility of sleeping through it.

I'd forgotten it was two weeks Dustin. Sensible attitude to dealing with them.

Very humid here this morning too Poppy.

Are you planning any races soon Alehouse?

What:             hoping for a MLR though I expect it will be slow
    Why:              making the most of the good weather
    Last hard:      sleeping
    Last rest:       14/6

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Dramatic change in weather after sunny mid 20s yesterday: heavy rain, windy and thunder. Thermometer dropped about 10°C

Working on Rousay this morning, see what weather's doing after that.

Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: even me!
  • Options
    Today's commute ...
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Looks a bit rough oh!

Lmh unfortunately only time pool is available for lane swimming is 7-8 this morning (or at 9-10 this evening when I hope to be in bed!). It's pretty bad actually for a public pool
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: thanks for the earworm!
    What: the six miles I didn't do yesterday because of the heat
    Last hard: Still the long run on Sunday
    Last rest: the whole of this week so far
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics, I imagine we all do, heard on news certain items of clothing being sold.....
    So I went round to see Giselle and got a few smiles.  Poor thing in the brace and sitting in her p pod, amazing seat her nanny bought for her. Sweating!!!
    emzap thats not much option for lane swimming 
    oh, that looks so nice, so cool
    welcome to Cal
    LMH have a great MLR
    Poppy hope you are feeling better
    welcome maccaz as well I missed that
    dustin enjoy your double day, different efforts!
    alehouse yes enjoy the short and agree about the heat
    emzap I feel for you in this heat, my first pregnancy was during a hot summer, sweaty and sluggish!

So because of the heat that is coming later:-
    what: 4 miles done, middle two a mp
    why: schedule getting serious
    last hard: that was
    last r est: 31/12/16

I seem to have eczema on my right heel, very sore and a right pain for running!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    emzap, ale: I love a good thunderstorm but if they are in the middle of the night less so.

Dustin: excellent attitude regarding the mails :p.  Kudos to doing reps in 29 degree heat!

Welcome maccazz and Cal.

Good news that you are better WP.

Poor Grace LMH.  Certainly enjoy the weather whilst it lasts.

That looks fantastic OH as I am currently sitting in a 27 degree room.  Wish I could step into the picture!

Ouch to the heel Wabo. 

What: LT intervalls d&d (5k WU, 15mins, (4mins) 12 mins, CD)
    Why: P&L HM plan
    Last hard: that was a bit tough as also lacking in sleep a bit, did hit my target pace though.
    Last rest: 22.07

Lyrics: Arrrrggghh!  I am really crap at the lyrics! (i.e. no)
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

OH: Another one that's jealous of your pic and moderate temps. Our air con packed in yesterday. They've repaired it but now it smells of old, wet trainers :D  I first thought the stench came from the pair that lives under my desk, but they're innocent ;)

I wish we had thunderstorms… heartbreaking to see animals suffer with fear though.

Em: What do they do with the pool for most of the day then?

Welcome Macazz

I like "the marathon isn't going to run itself", Cal

LMH: Ramping the miles up :+1: I think Maccazz posted yesterday but on Monday's thread :)

Dustin: That's too hot for me to do reps … love the way you just delete those e-mails.

Wabo: That's a weird place for eczema, hope it doesn't affect your gait.

Well done on the LT intervals, Hazel.

What: 7 miles plus s&c
    Why: taking things a bit easier today although my legs (and rest of body) feel absolutely fine. I'm just slightly paranoid that something might break after going a bit crazy on mileage in the past 4 days
    Last hard: sleeping still is but at least I managed 4 hours last night without waking up
    Last rest: 15/7
    Lyrics: Yes. And yesterday's were Venus in Furs - The Velvet Underground

• Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    and one from yesterday, taken by friend,  while we  off were diving off the side of a stack at Birsay
    (... For more envy points ;) )
  • Options
    alehouse - mine is the Berlin marathon. It'll be my first marathon.
  • Options
    We are forecast that drop in temperature for the weekend OH.

Ah, that's why I would have missed it, thanks chicksta. If you're listening to your body you'll be fine, it will tell you when you're on the ragged edge.

Hazel - the thunderstorms last night were the most dramatic i have ever experienced and went on for ages and the rain was biblical, despite the heat the ground still hasn't dried out.

Are you ill or injured maccazz?

Is it the school holidays limiting the lane swimming times emzap? Any chance of a cheap membership at a local gym with a pool or atrial week or so at somewhere? I know David Lloyd used to do them quite cheaply occasionally.

It's not going to be easy for Giselle in this heat Wabo but children do seem to adjust and cope remarkably well.

It was very humid when I got out for my run and I did wonder if I were maybe being a bit ambitious on the mileage front but rather than limiting myself decided to bimble and enjoy it and see how things felt. Managed the MLR comfortably and whilst still slow was surprised to do it at a faster average pace than yesterday's run.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with school holidays, it's always like that. I looked into David Lloyd but it's far too expensive and minimum is 3 months (and with 6-8 weeks to go, I just can't justify it). I'll going with of I feel like swimming when I get up, I'll go, but if not, don't stress about it.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Hmm - no envy flag available OH - you can have a like instead.. :)

Sensible regarding the swimming emzap.

Berlin is a great mara maccazz.  I ran it last year and Chicksta has several times and will again this year if I remember correctly.

Good to be cautious Chicksta.  I guess smelly aircon isn't much better than none at all.

Seems you had a good run LMH despite the humidity.  I really hope our forecast is correct as we are also supposed to get a decent drop in temperatures.
  • Options
    LMH: no, just busy. I was going to go out after work, but didn't finish until 10pm. I'm going out later this evening - hope I cope with the humidity as well as you did!

HazelnutCH - I was supposed to run Berlin last year, but got ill during training so decided to defer. I had hotel and flights booked though, so went along anyway to watch. It does look great - I was very envious of the runners! The temperature didn't seem too high either, after that long hot summer. Hope it's like that this year.
  • Options
    My DL used to do 14 day and weekly passes sometimes emzap - might be worth a look online or enquiring directly? 

It's not good when work stops play maccazz. The humidity is forecast to be lower this evening but I just accept that I'll be slower for the same effort.

I'm not looking forward to it Hazel!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You can have our heat, LMH. Still 33 out there at half eight 🔥 and no sign of a break for the next 8 days.

Maccazz: you'll love Berlin. It's a brilliant sightseeing tour and I promise you the most enthusiastic crowds this side of the pond. I'm doing it for the third time this year. Annoying when work stops play. I have rather unpredictable working hours too so my solution is to get my runs in before work. Not everyone's cup of tea but needs must. Added bonus: it's less hot.

You got a like from me too, OH. Fantastic pic. Don't think many of us on here will have had underwater shots taken of them.

Annoying about the pool, em.

I switched the aircon off, Hazel. There must be fungus growing in the ducts 🤢 Can't be healthy!
  • Options
    Cooler weather (and rain) finished before track session tonight and actually very humid for us. Pyramids.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    great pics OH

welcome maccazz

5 easy miles tonight

Lyrics possible

Take care
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale, watching the highlights. What on earth happened?!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Been watching/listening most of the day Emz! Ireland bowled well; England didn't bat well etc. Three days to go though, in theory! Re swimming, the pools around here have very little lane swimming in school holidays, and the times are either very early or very late.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.