Friday 26th July 2019 Many a tear has to fall

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Early start: can't sleep as can't cool down after yesterday evening's race. Currently pouring and I may and go outside and stand in it! I guess the weather on race day is always part of the game and we just have to do our best come what may.

Lyrics: Many a tear has to fall.

What: probably a short run

Why: recovery run. Legs don't feel as if they have run hard at the moment, and time-wise they didn't

A cooler day in prospect, here at least.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done,  ale. Did you go out and stand in the rain? Seems a lonely prospect :)

Boo to neighbours' party,  em :(

Only 21 degrees out there right now and the humidity seems to be less than yesterday. Hoping to get another 8 or 9 miles in 🤞
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Hot In The City - Billy Idol.

Alehouse - that sounds like a good result in the circumstances.

Hope you managed to get some sleep emzap. I'm not sure having the windows open made much difference here temperature wise.

21 and less humid sounds better chicksta - same temperature here but 80% humidity currently and not dropping below 60% until late afternoon.

Sorry you weren't able to get your run in maccazz - can you run before work?

It was a hot night here too - and no rain as yet, we were forecast it for later today but it's gone back to tonight now. Hot and humid this morning but dull. I feel as though I've been run over by a truck (after physio's ministrations yesterday) so not sure how my legs will feel this morning when I ask them to run. It's been a big week already but I'd like another MLR or at least double digits, I'll play it by ear though.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            battered
    Last hard:    keeping Grace cool yesterday
    Last rest:     14/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Glad you survived the race Ale and a good result too!  Did you get to stand on a podium for your age group?   Hope you enjoyed the early recovery, rain would be bliss! (maybe this evening).

Hope you got some sleep emzap.

Hope you can get out for your run today maccazz.

Hope your legs ease up during your run LMH and Grace gets some respite from the heat soon. 

What: 11k d&d including 2 x 5 x strides
    Why: P&L HM plan
    Last hard: being trapped indoors all day yesterday - did do a short walk at least
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Party went on until past midnight. In the end I decided it was no hotter to sleep with the windows shut so got a wet towel and put it over me. Seemed to cool me down a bit!

What: a walk, then brunch then day trip to Worcester
    Why: day off work and dad's still here so we are having a father/daughter day out
    Last hard: sleeping. I'm surprised no one complained to the children earlier... And sad that the rain only stopped play for 5 min!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all. A nap may be in store for this afternoon!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    WP - Yippeeeeeeee!  that is wonderful news
    Ale - well done, did you 'podium'?
    Hope people managed to get some kind of sleep in last night. Despite yesterday supposedly being the warmest day, training wise it was the coolest (all being relative) of the week. 

What - steady lunchtime
    Why - box ticking
    last rest - last Tuesday
    last hard - Tuesday (and sleeping)
    Once I get off to sleep I'm usually OK, just wake up in a pool of sweat. Sat having breakfast in the garden at 5:10 this morning in just my underpants. Good job the neighbours weren't up...

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Thank you for all your lovely comments :)

Ale: Well  done on last night's race especially in the heat!

Dustin: Ooh I bet that cooled you down  :D 

Em : Enjoy day out with Dad.

What: 4 miles
    Why: Short 2 day taper
    Last hard: The heat and sleeping think I got 3 hours!
    Lyrics Yes

We had some drizzle over night but still 20 degrees at 5am but I think we just have 22 as a high today thank goodness.In the cooler weather I maybe sleeping a lot :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LYRICS OH YES...
    oops shouty
    Poppy I think I melted on my bed last night!! Enjoy the 4 miles, what race are you doing?
    Dustin lol that's funny about breakfast! Enjoy the lunch run.  My work mate said he was so hot he got up and laid on the bathroom floor, his wife woke wondered where he was and all she could see was his feet hanging out the bathroom door!! Screamed!!
    emzap have a love day with dad
    hazel bet you enjoyed your run after being indoors
    lmh we did get rain, my daughter laughed cos I ran in the garden shouting whoopee!! Soaked.  Have a good run 
    alehouse sounds like you had a good run, I better read back!

What: couple later
    why: 10 miler tomorrow
    last hard yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap hope you did sleep blooming neighbours
    alehouse, nice one!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope you have a good race tomorrow Wabo - should be cooler for it.

That's what you think Dustin............LOL.

Have a nice day out with your dad emzap.

Sounds as though things are cooling down for you Poppy.

Nice early session Hazel. Cooler today and Grace seems to be coping much better. I guess her advancing years aren't helping.

My legs eased off during Grace's walk and I had a lovely run, no real reason why, it wasn't fast or anything I just really enjoyed being out and managed a couple of miles more than yesterday and slightly faster too. My legs definitely seem to respond best to lots of easy miles.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Afternoon!

Amazing win for England in the cricket! Did you listen, Emz (or anyone else)?

What: short and easy recovery run (although the legs felt liked they had not raced yesterday)

Why: being sensible. Wasn't until lunchtime that I seemed to cool down despite three showers since the race! Off to T20 cricket shortly at Old Trafford: no doubt there will be showers of another sort!

Edit: no podium, just first in each give year age category.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope everyone manages to sleep a bit better tonight!

Alehouse - well done on your run!
    LMH - hope you feel better tomorrow

Lyrics: no
    What: 5 miles after work. Fastest five miles I've ever run outside a race, despite the humidity, so I was quite pleased with that.
    Why: making up for all the extra rest this week
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all,

signing off for a week on holiday, might get on , but not promising.

Fuelled with curry and fermented apple juice (birthday meal) 1+ half a century

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday RFJ and enjoy the week off!
    Cricket was curtailed by rain, but a
     Duckworth Lewis Stern calculation the home side won. Great name for a band!

Glad you got out Maccazz!