Saturday 27th July 2019 - The moon is full and my arms are empty

Morning.

Lyrics - The moon is full and my arms are empty

Glad you managed a run maccazz. I'm fine thanks - it's just post physio aches and pains, takes my legs a couple of days to get over the battering usually.

Happy belated birthday RFJ. Enjoy your holiday.

A cool and wet weekend in prospect here <<sigh>>

What:            short and easy/gym
Why:             a shorter run day is sensible/haven't been this week
Last hard:     I'm not doing hard
Last rest:      14/6

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yay to cool!

What: a walk with a friend (after dad goes, aunts and uncle come and go, then oh gets back :)
    Why: it's when we could fit it in
    Last hard: finding broken glass in our garden, someone threw a glass over the fence from the party the other night, how dangerous is that!!! We live in a really nice area as well so I'm a bit shaken by it
    Lyrics: nope

Sleeping is much better in the cool!

Walked over 10 km yesterday in Worcester. My dad was surprised he managed so far as normally walks less than 1 a day...

Rfj have a nice week off
    Lmh have you recovered from your holiday?
    Poppy, when do you get to meet your grandchild?

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "It's All in The Game", The Four Tops.

Lyrics: not today

What: gentle parkrun

Why: not a day for running hard

Go we racers/parkrunners!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: Stromness 10k (forecast 19C which is hot for us Northerners)
    why: It’s “Stromness Shopping Week”
    last hard: dissembling our derelict greenhouse yesterday and table-sawing kindling for a lifetime. Some major pruning also done.
    last rest:Monday
    lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's horrible, em. People do such stupid things under the influence 😠

Well done, Maccazz! Sometimes it's good to inject some pace, but it's the long, slow miles that get you around a marathon 🙂

I do like a bit of fermented apple juice too, RfJ 😜 happy belated birthday.

Go well, parkrunners.

Hope the legs recover quickly from physio's ministrations, LMH.

Still hot here - it's IM Hamburg tomorrow and that's traditionally a rather warm day. The bike leg goes past our house. Always fun to watch.

My body cried out for a rest this morning. Whilst my legs feel fine I'm just so unbelievably tired. Not helped by the insomnia of course. I was awake at 3 am (and more or less every single your before as well) and thought briefly about getting up for my long run but then fell asleep again and only woke at 6 with a splitting headache. Thought about doing parkrun but it was too much faff and I ended up with just jogging 4 miles to the shops and back.
  • Race well OH.

Are you going to have a word with your neighbours emzap? It's too cool for me - I'm cold this morning.

Why is it not a day for running hard Alehouse?

I hear you on the tiredness chicksta. Having been shopping and walked Grace I'm contemplating not running at all today. Can't decide whether doing something short and easy or doing nothing will make me feel worse. In fact I'm wondering if I should introduce a non running day a week. At this time of year when work is quiet I could make it a gym day, maybe doing a yoga or pilates class too and during term time I could make it my long work day and take the pressure off trying to fit a run in when the days are short. So difficult to know what to do for the best.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

parkrun was 24:05, well within myself

Not a day for running hard, LMH, for all sorts of reasons! Raced on Thursday/wet yet humid/still haven't done a parkrun hard/don't do hard at 9 a.m./feeling a little under the weather (sore throat and chesty cough which I shall fight) etc! 

Enjoy Stromness, OH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear that you're not feeling great either Alehouse. I've got a bit of a sore throat too and decided to take a rest day apart from the gym. I've baked instead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Listen to your body, LMH. Our mind and the OCD that goes with it can sometimes be detrimental to our health. So if you don't feel like running a gym session or a class will be a much better choice. Of course baking is even better :) what did you bake?

Hope your respective sore throats come to nothing, ale and LMH. Mine was a bit scratchy too on Thursday which I put down to the office aircon. Switched it off yesterday, probably just in time.
  • No class for me chicksta, I'll just do my gym program. My throat is usually sore if I'm tired or a bit run down, hopefully it's nothing more than that. I've baked a Hummingbird loaf cake - never tried one before. Smells nice though I think it may be a little sweet for me, Mark should like it if so.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Yay to cool here as well
    Lyrics no
    Ale and lmh hope the throats do not lead to anything much, nice park run ale
    Lmh cake sounds mmmm
    Chick sounds like the run to shops and back was good 
    Oh how did 10k go
    Emzap, blimey that's bad my neighbours often party but never have I had that. Very naughty! 

I did my 10 mile race and had a very good run. It was raining the whole way round and I honestly at no time felt aches rough fed up of laps or anything! 
    Last 3 miles fastest and the actual last mile fastest of all! 
    Negative split must have happened. 
    What 10.4 mile in 1.47
    Why testing myself for Snowdonia
    Last hard that Was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Happy day, chilling now but should be doing stuff
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Happy belated birthday rfj
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Happy belated birthday RFJ! Hope you had a nice day. Have a good holiday.

Nice 5 miler maccazz.

Good walking emzap. That is crap regarding the glass.

Hope OH had a good race.

Enjoy the IM tomorrow chicksta. Seems a good idea to ditch the LR today.

You could try out doing the rest day LMH, careful with the sore throat.  Cake looks interesting, just looked it up.

Get well soon Ale.

Well done Wabo! Great you could speed up towards the end and enjoyed it despite the rain.

What: 10 miles pre-breakfast, started out at recovery pace and finished with 6k @ MP. Bit faster than planned.
    Why: P&L HM plan
    Last hard: humidity after yesterday's rain
    Last rest: 25.05

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Wabo! Onwards and upwards!

Good pre-breakfast session, Hazel!

I'm not ill, I hope, but am not quite right and my throat and chest feel "burnt" inside after Thursday's race. 

Still pouring so off to the fitness suite for stretches!
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Stromness 10k
    Hot and sunny. Sweating even before running.
    Fair activities in full swing.
    Unfortunately, for the 2nd year running, the Holms swim (600m ow) and the 10k running race have been run concurrently, so not possible to do both.
    Reasonably well paced race for me. 2nd mile is all uphill and fairly steep. Managed to pick off a few significant folk on 2nd half, coming in at 54:34. Pleased enough with that. 

Ice creams, salmon roll followed by strawberries with mini-pancakes from stalls afterwards. 
    Medals presented by "Shopping Week Queen" and her entourage. Queen this year was daughter of practice manager of my old practice. (Did wonder whether I should send a miniature of gin to "Queen Mother"!  :D)
  • Well done Wabo.
    Onwards to mile 21.9 (SNOD)
  • That's lovely to hear Wabo.

I don't think I'm ill either Alehouse just 'not quite right' my throat feels more tight than anything though sore too. Rain has just stopped here but we are forecast it all day tomorrow.

Hazel - nice session pre-breakfast. I don't usually take rest days as I tend to feel worse for them but I'm beginning to wonder if I need to as I get older. Just tried the cake and it's nice - practically health food with all that fruit and some nuts too!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, OH! Sounds like a good day as well!

Cake sounds good, LMH! As you know I don't like rest days, but I do like days where I just do, say, 20 minutes to get the legs loosened. Worth trying to fit something like a Pilates class in over the summer, as you say. You will pick up lots of exercises that you can then add to repertoire either at home or in your gym.

Fitness suite was freezing! Air-con on full blast! Decent stretching session. 
  • Must have cross posted with your earlier OH - good result and a nice day out from the sounds of it.

Alehouse - if I run for twenty minutes it's not a running rest day in my book. However today I have managed to clock up over eight miles walking. The yoga or Pilates class would only happen if I dropped a running day due to their timing, if I could do one as well as my usual run I'd definitely make the effort.
  • Some of you might recognise more than one runner in this shot ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Looking good number 49! I take it you won a private battle!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    well raced Wabo and OH
    RFJ - belated birthday wishes, have a good break
    Ale - we were following the cricket at work - what a bizarre game!
    LMH/Ale - I too have been suffering with dodgy throat and some gunky issues. Annoying more than ‘ill’
    what - track: 4x200 off 45s, 6x300 off 1 min, 4x200 off 45s
    why - something faster
    last rest - 11 days
    last hard - today