AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Outlaw x

Has anyone else looked at the price of camping for the outlaw x weekend and been shocked or am I just a tight ass. Honestly had I known at the start I wouldn’t have bothered booking the event. Good of outlaw to leave it so late to let us know so I can’t cancel. This is the last one for me.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Had a look at the event, thought, hmm ok, checked the camping and ran away very quickly, can only assume it is down to the house/venue rather than OSB but it must have cost them some entries. 
  • Options
    Thanks for you reply. I was beginning to think I was just being tight!! Sure I’ve never paid that much to camp. Coming from Somerset not a lot of choices.
    I did complain and they said they put on camping at a loss 😲😂
  • Options
    Good grief! that's going to be ridiculously expensive without them subsidising it
  • Options
    Individual £15 per night  . Showers and WC . Not bad 
  • Options
    Maybe but you don’t book for one. It’s £90 for the three nights for up to two people. For a tent. 
  • Options
    Outlaw X ! What a day out . I met 2other pirates , one with a machanial and on who pipped me at the finish (injury ruined my day ) . Anyway I helped a rider who had a bad crash , head injury, didn't get his number , just wounded if anyone knows him and if he's alright . ??? 
  • Options
    Still think the camping was expensive, however as you say a very good day. If it was the chap I saw at the end. He was bandaged up but looked ok. Didn’t get his number either. Looked like an expensive bike. Heard him say he hit a pot hole.
  • Options
    No this chap didn't hit a pole just the floor hard . Camping was very loud . Staff messing around till 01:30 and then restart at 04:00 just to make us smile (not) . Also the chap I helped has still got my cycling gillet I put on him to stop hypothermia . 
  • Options
    No this chap didn't hit a pole just the floor hard . Camping was very loud . Staff messing around till 01:30 and then restart at 04:00 just to make us smile (not) . Also the chap I helped has still got my cycling gillet I put on him to stop hypothermia . 
    Yes, think the chap I saw was an  elite as there was one that DNF after T2. Good effort for throwing your rase to help. Many wouldn't. Sorry you didn’t have a good camping experience. We went over the far side so didn’t hear anything. Outlaw run a great event and I’d love to do another but 16 hours round trip not sure if I’ll do that again. Hope you get your top back and well done again
  • Options
    ALLDALLD ✭✭
    I used to work for triathlon and the outlaw was always one that everyone wanted to conquer. Despite the price, it's definitely a once in a lifetime experience. The camping was quite loud even for those who didn't stay the whole night (got put into a hotel) but the look and feel of the participants was worth it in the long run.