Options

Friday 23rd August 2019 Is she really going out with him?

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Is she really going out with him?
Well, there she is. Let's ask her. 

What: probably a short run

Why: Fridays are generally an easy day

Yesterday's lyrics were Emeli Sande with "Shine", which is her latest single and I keep hearing it. Hope the sun does indeed shine: some of us haven't really seen it since late July. 

Was delighted to hear that one of my friends and member of Team Alehouse has been appointed CEO of British Athletics! So if you have any queries or complaints etc let me know! I'm sure she will do a great job: she was CEO at GB Triathlon and helped put the sport on the map.

Good to hear that the building work is finished, Emz; hope OH can report the same soon!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

You have friends in high places Alehouse. We are forecast a good few days weather wise - let's hope they materialise - though it may be a bit warm for anyone racing this weekend.

Good news emzap, nice to have it all done and dusted.

What:          hopefully a MLR
    Why:           chasing miles/making the most of the weather
    Last hard:   wondering if I made the right decision yesterday
    Last rest:    27/7

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: walk and another nursery visit
    Why: need something to compare the first one to!
    Last hard: sleeping. I think my body is preparing me. I was awake until 1 (I normally sleep at about 9!).
    Lyrics: no again! Ale, what's going on!

Lmh hoping for the sun too. Need some good weather at Headingly.  4 day weekend for me, so good weather is unlikely :lol:

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you know the lyrics, Emz and I'm sure you will get good weather too!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning!

Well done on your race Wabo - that is a great improvement. Hope OH's dad is ok.  You are having a tough time family wise!

Well done on the double WP.

Good to have the long stuff done before the heat gets set in Chicksta. 

Good news on the building work emzap.  Enjoy your long weekend.  Good luck with the nursery visit.

That is great for your friend Ale.

Hope the weather turns up as forecasted LMH. 

What: some easy miles - not sure how many, will do it by feel.
    Why: ongoing race recovery and need to keep the effort down before the next one on Sunday (3 in 9 days is a lot I know..)
    Last hard: the first few hundred metres of yesterday's recovery run - legs concrete and lower back sore.
    Last rest: 18.08.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    I thought I knew the lyrics, but not so sure
    Hazel enjoy and it is nice to do it by feel, re family, tell me about it. Need that holiday next week!! 
     3 races in 9 days, getting into my territory! 5k weds, half marathon Sunday and 5k bank holiday Monday, oh then another 5k next weds 
    emzap I do believe our bodies prepare us! Hope the nursery visit is good
    LMH enjoy the MLR, the weather is glorious
    Alehouse, I do love that new Emile Sande song, will be seeing her in September.  Enjoy your easy Friday.  Wow good news for your friend!!

What: 5 miles easy later, might do a bit with my son
    why: he has started to try again!
    Last hard: yesterday evening, 2 miles rest run much enjoyed
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all and great weekend

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics, yes the second one that popped into my head.....
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Wabo: nice lot of races lined up there...but don't forget next Thursday is the Assembly League (not the first week in September I am told) and then you can always pop into town for the Last Friday of the Month to keep the racing streak going! Take care!
  • Options
    That's some schedule as usual Wabo. Where are you off to on holiday?

Keep it easy Hazel. Is it another hilly race on Sunday? Lovely weather here!

I think you might be in luck this weekend emzap.

My legs were not as happy as I'd hoped after yesterday's short run - I'm not sure why I bother really, they seem to respond much better to being beaten into submission - but it was a lovely morning and I enjoyed my bimble.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Great news re. your friend, ale.

Em: oh no, not another insomniac! You certainly need your sleep more than the rest of us.

What decision are you having second thoughts about, LMH?

Wow, that is a lot of races in quick succession, Hazel. Hope the legs play ball.

Wabo: Hope your son enjoys his return to running.

What and why: Talking of doubles …  did a 6.5 mile recovery run this morning while it was still lovely and cool. Quite enjoyable although I ran straight out of bed so the legs needed a bit to wake up. Thought I was done with my exercise but needed to pick up my new passport and the easiest way to the passport office is on foot. It's a little over 1.5 miles which is best done running rather than walking. So I grabbed my spare running kit that I have stowed at work and ran there and back. Another 3 banked in the mid-day heat dodging tourists.
    Last hard: my foam roaller last night and stupid tourists getting in my way
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    Not doing the bonus miles yesterday chicksta. Nice miles you're putting in at the minute.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse I have to miss the last assembly league as I go away on that day, to Cornwall again LMH. 
    chicksta, hopefully I will get him out later!!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta always good to have spare running gear!!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

just an easy 4m for me

No frills, just miles

Good miles Chicksta

Enjoy the races Wabo

Take care