Monday 26th August 2019 - We want to multiply, are you gonna do it?

Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Heat Wave - The Jam.

Another nice day forecast for us today though not quite reaching the highs of yesterday it's going to be hotter earlier.

What:           hopefully a MLR
Why:            no time for more as MiL is coming for lunch
Last hard:    my calves feel quite hard
Last rest:     27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    5 k for me, Lyla and Cleo to do kids run, well not sure about Cleo as she hasn't been well. We'll see
    Lmh go easy on those calves
    What 5k race, extra bit re pc Harper I think
    Why they've made it a virtual race in his honour, has number 765
    Last hard yesterday and last night's football
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel well raced! 
    Alehouse best part about spurs was watching the final moments of the cricket in bar and the footy fans going mad for the cricket!!! How good was that
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Take it easy and enjoy the day, Wabo! The cricket was certainly better than your football!

And take it easy, LMH

What: Short and easy run

Why: hamstrung
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning!

Enjoy the bank holiday in the UK!

Have a good MLR LMH - work up an appetite for lunch with MIL.  Careful with the calves.

Have a good race Wabo.  Hope Cleo is ok for the kid's run.  I guess the football wasn't so good then.

Back is no worse today - if anything a bit better.  Regular gentle stretching to relieve the sitting at my desk for too long and I must get back to regular core sessions.. Been too lazy with that and it is now biting me in the bum! (or a bit higher..)

Legs feel only a bit tired today - shame I couldn't do a full effort yesterday - I would have probably managed a course PB and maybe a 3rd place again.  Oh well.

What: rest day - will walk or maybe gentle cycling later though.
    Why: Monday and race yesterday.
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry was AWOL yesterday. Day of NCT then avoided internet until I'd watched the highlights as I didn't know the result! That was a stressful watch. Perhaps ill-advised in late pregnancy :joy:

What: some garden advising
    Why: we have neglected it a lot but I can't do it, so have to just direct
    Last hard: last night, poor baby could probably feel my stress!
    Lyrics: nope

Well done wabo for getting out there and doing it yesterday. Can't believe you're doing another 5 today!

Well done hazel. Hope your back remains ok today.

Lmh you are a machine :)

Ale look after the hammy.

Have a lovely day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse so true! 
    Woeful 
  • More like carving out some me time before losing the rest of my day Hazel. Good to hear that your back feels better.

Hope Cleo felt well enough to join in Wabo?

Hamstring no better Alehouse?

I find advising is the best bit of gardening emzap:-)

My run was much better than expected after yesterday's long one despite being knocked over by a large dog (above my knee height) which got me square on resulting in a fingertips to elbow and toe to knee impact. A few scrapes and bruises and a swollen left knee but relatively unscathed and I was able to finish my run (this happened just before half way).
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Well raced this weekend Hazel & Wabo 
    LMH - well done on seeing it through after the dog incident. As you know they are the bane of my life (another run in yesterday with barking, jumpy dog)

What - 9km easy over the fields
    Why - recovery. Yesterday did a 13 miler late morning so missed the cooler part of the day. The last 3 or 4 were a battle of wills. 
    last rest - 7 days
    last hard - Sunday
    Went to the Victorious Festival in Portsmouth yesterday (day ticket) with the girls and met my brother and SiL there. 
    Good day out lounging in the sun listening to Starsailor, Razorlight, Vaccines, PlanB & New Order. Leaving the car park took as long as the drive home! In by 1am.

Enjoy what's left of the BH weekend.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sounds a full on day yesterday, Dustin!

Don't mention dogs, LMH! Or hamstrings! Am resting mine in the sun at cricket. Only downside is the queue for liquid anaesthetic is excessive.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Glad you're ok, LMH. I hate run ins with out-of-control dogs!

I often think post-race that I should have gone just that bit harder, Hazel. Good that the back is ok.

Fingers crossed the queue moves on, ale.

That sounds like a decent lineup, Dustin. Well battled towards the end of that run.

Haha, em. Nice to boss people around ;)

Jeez, another race, wabo?

What: 6.5 muggy recovery miles
    Why: too horrible for more or faster
    Last hard: this felt ridiculously hard
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics: yes (and I'm not one of them that do :) )
  • Hope you made it to the front Alehouse.

If your temperature was anything like ours I'm not surprised that was a hard run Dustin.

Hope you get weather you prefer tomorrow chicksta - we are forecast another nice day.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    What a beautiful day. Managed a longish walk around parkrun lake (about 3.5 km). Made harder by the fact that none of my shoes fit anymore do was squeezed into my Birkenstocks! It's like I have sausages as limbs!  Back to work tomorrow for the final push.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Not long to go now, em. Nice walk.

LMH: Unlikely ...

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    weather looks good Chick :-) but not for running

Well done Hazel and Wabo

Been a busy weekend..... a few runs and some visits to the Gym too

various gardening duties performed too in amongst watching the cricket.

Take care