Thursday 5th September 2019 - At first flash of Eden

Morning.

Lyrics - At first flash of Eden
             We race down to the sea

It has been blowing a gale here all night and it's showing no sign of letting up currently. Can't run in this so will have to hope that it improves as the day progresses and I can motivate myself out later, if not it may end up  being a rest day which is a shame as our time here is nearly over - why do holiday weeks pass so quickly?

What:            hopefully some easy miles later
Why:             sanity/cake/enjoyment
Last hard:     sleeping with the wind howling round the flat and rattling the windows
Last rest:      27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Quiet!

Lyrics: no

What: short run d&d

Why: hamstring/going to cricket

Looks like a beautiful day here...from behind glass. 8 degrees when I ran but no wind, in contrast to yesterday where it was blowing wheelie bins over. Forecast is to get up to around 15 with some showers. Not very warm for sitting in. Will be wearing thermals and taking gloves and hat!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning. 

Quiet today indeed Ale.

Nice bracing windy walk instead LMH?  Have the cake anyway.  Won't do any harm and you are on holiday still.

Sorry Chicksta couldn't resist it with the hopping yesterday.  Are you looking forward to the taper then or more dreading it?  I'm almost wistfully looking back to last year when we were now well into the taper - got a while to go yet on my HM plan.

Good your interior building work is done OH.  Nice swim / run combi.  Hmm you could add a cycle between the two?

The excitement of some good cricket might start things off emzap - but I understand you don't want to travel

At least your hamstring issues are not something new Ale and are linked to existing ones.  Anti-gravity TM sounds interesting.  Maybe add a flask of tea to your list an a cushion / mat thing to sit on?

Well done for doing more than the streak savers Wabo.  Are the hills not of benefit for Snowdonia?  Although I guess if you do just hilly it does get a bit tiring.

Nice track session Dustin - must have x-posted with you yesterday again.  XC makes me think of winter rather than autumn. 

What: intervals (gulp!)
    Why: plan
    Last hard: looking forward to those - I am crap at them (can't get up to speed) but if I don't try...
    Last rest: 02.09.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

It's sunny here so I'm hoping the same is true of Old Trafford.

Hoping to bake today if I feel up to it. Will freeze the cake and get hubby to bring it to hospital for when I'm allowed cake again.

Managed a little walk yesterday and hoping for another today. 

XC has come round fast Dustin. Hoping to take part in a couple of the later ones.

Chick wow Berlin snuck up on me. You've been training so well though, so I have no doubt you'll be great.

Have a lovely day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    Well it started bright but very cloudy now...
    LmH - hope it eases for some running!
    Hazel - enjoy the intervals

What - U11 track coaching
    Why - routine
    Last rest - few weeks ago
    last hard - Tuesday's 200s
    lyric - nope

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Re cross country, the courses around here are already muddier than they were all last winter, which is a fair indication of the summer we haven't had!

Hazel: I like intervals on the basis that the interval is the rest bit between reps! The longer the interval the better!

On the tram on the way to cricket...and too hot as I have got so many clothes on! It won't last!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Slow start again but I got out!
    Hazel today it hit me that I'm feeling a bit comfortable on hills which is brilliant for Snowdonia. Enjoy the intervals, gulp 🤪
    Alehouse hope Cricket and TM are good to you
    Lmh echo what you said about holidays, far too quick. Sorry The weather not being kind today
    Dustin have a good Thursday coaching! 
    Emzap, ooh xc don't remind me!
    What 5.5 miles best pace so far on this holiday and it comes from 2 miles till 4.8!!!
    Why wanted to do this one
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all, we're off for a beach day
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I wish it were beach weather here Wabo - waves are crashing over the front! Running hills consistently definitely makes them feel easier.

We had a nice bracing walk after breakfast Hazel but it's not the same as a run. I'm still hoping the wind will die down later and I can get out, no chance with my weight against this wind. You are good doing the intervals even though you dread them.

What have you decided you would like as your first cake emzap? Hope you felt up to baking.

Enjoy the cricket Alehouse.

Nice to have the inside finished OH. A year after having work done at ours we still don't have any wall lights up.

Hope your weather holds Dustin.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hazel: Hope your intervals went well. I was supposed to do 5 x 1200s today but bailed.

Wabo: That's brilliant news re. hills feeling more comfortable

A rest day might not be a bad thing, LMH. I love walks by the sea in wild weather!

Hope the cricket is good, ale.

Bet you can't wait to eat cake again, Em.

Another busy day at work today. And I was sooo tired this morning that I couldn't bring myself to get up and do those intervals. Thought I'd do them in my lunch break but time was very limited due to some deadlines so all I was able to do were 5 recovery ks. A hefty marathon schedule on top of a stressful job combined with sleep issues is wearing me out a bit. So, I am actually looking forward to the taper :) Of course it's a different story when I am actually tapering and all those mysterious ailments appear out of thin air. And when a sneeze about 100 yards away freaks me out for fear of catching a cold :D

What: 5 recovery ks
    Why: I'm exhausted
    Last hard: fitting it all in
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics: I think so - didn't we just have them recently?

Yesterday's were Donna Summer - Hot Stuff

• I'm with you on all of that chicksta - love to walk by the sea whilst it's wide, think it was best to bail on the intervals, looking forward to the taper and then finding it frustrating.............

The wind eventually dropped to a reasonable level mid-afternoon so I got out for my run. Feels very strange and much harder running at a different time of day but apart from an increase in annoying grockles to negotiate (including one dog owner who had their uncontrollable, chase anything off the lead dog twice) I had a good run and very much enjoyed being out. Forecast for tomorrow is pants so I may have to be flexible again.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Didn't make the cake but went out for tea with friends instead so good for my sanity :) 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

Long day here, down to Exeter and back...

Off to hospital tomorrow for an invasive procedure (lets just say I have to take multiple solutions to be cleansed.....) not fun.....

3.25m at a good medium pace tonight

Take care all 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Weather was remarkably good at cricket...and England were remarkably poor.

RFJ: if the procedure is what I think it is, it is not as bad as it sounds!

Weather forecast is grim for cricket tomorrow.