Saturday 7th September 2019 - Have you been feeling that pull?

Morning.

Lyrics - Have you been feeling that pull?

Hope you don't have to wait too long for the results RFJ.

Safe journey Wabo.

Just waiting for it to get light enough for me to have one last run by the sea before we head home. I love where we live - apart from the fact that it's too far from the sea. Mileage has been very low this week but my legs are not happy - too many hills - I'm hoping my knees and quads will settle down quickly. Aching quads are mostly from the walking rather than the running I think, we did a hilly 7.5 mile walk yesterday morning which seemed to finish them off. I'm sure once I get moving this morning they'll relent........

What:             short and easy
Why:              back to reality:-(
Last hard:      having to leave
Last rest:       27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Morning all
    Lyrics no
    Yesterday's lyrics were sometimes by Gerry Cinnamon. Look him up if you don't know him, we've listened to him all week. Loving his music. 
    Lmh enjoy your last seaside run, I know exactly what you mean. Anyway have a good run and I hope the legs ease up
     Mines not been seaside but the walks have. It's been so good seeing my mum here and she's doing so well she amazes me really. 
    What maybe 30+ mins
    Why heading home so no time for more really
    Last hard yesterday evening
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Happy park running or anything else, didn't manage a park run here after all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh safe journey to you x
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Rfj pace well, sounds like it was better to be sedated? 
  • Morning!

Hope all is well this morning, RFJ! Enjoy parkrun (and anyone else). 

Travel well, those involved!

Lyrics: no

What: short run/fitness suite

Why: current limit
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all,
    safe trips home wabo & lmh 
    Chick- great reps!
    rfj - enjoy the PR pacing
    LMH - no, staying overnight: faffing about with paperwork, some cleaning & shopping and then unloading the boyfriends parents van of furniture into the evening! 

What - a short run later 
    why - driving back and have clubs mile race tomorrow 
    last rest - arguably yesterday
    last hard - Run wise, Tuesday

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: barcode scanning and supporting the official parkrun for the 8.5 parkruns
    Why: sad not to be able to run this year so gave some support instead
    Last hard: sleeping
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh and wabo safe journeys back.

Wabo your mum is amazing!

Rfj hope you're feeling ok today.

Amazingly I was not the most pregnant woman at parkrun this morning :lol:

Have a great day all
  • Afternoon

Good travelling to all who are.

Hope you had a lovely last seaside run LMH.

Good luck for the results RFJ.

Good luck tomorrow Dustin.

Nice of you to put something in to the parkrun emzap.

Very nice reps Chicksta, bit faster than mine :)

What: armchair marathoning about to come to an end. Some miles with strides later.
    Why: 2 from my Tues group did Jungfrau today (+1800m and not much above freezing at the highpoint-brrr!)
    Last hard: Thursday's speedwork
    Last rest 02.09

Lyrics:no
  • Hope you both got home safely, LMH and wabo.

Glad to hear your mum is doing well, wabo.

LMH: my legs always ache when I walk, especially when it's hilly. Hope they settle down on your home circuit.

Hazel: would love to do the Jungfrau marathon one day! A friend did it a few years ago and loved it.

Nice volunteering, em.

What: 10 easy miles
    Why: perfect conditions
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics: no
  • I enjoyed my last seaside run of the holiday and we had a good drive home - but I was side swiped on my way home from the supermarket and Mark thinks my car might be a write off :-( I don't think I'm hurt, a bruise on my right shin, ache in my right hip, quad and shoulder and it's upset my left/back shoulder (ongoing issue). I was spun round by the force of the impact though so may feel worse in the morning I guess. Hope not. Talk about back to earth with a bump.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Oh no! That's terrible. Glad you came away without major damage. Forget the car. That's just metal and can be replaced. Hope the bruises aren't too bad and hopefully no whiplash 🤞
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh that's awful, so sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have any aches or pains tomorrow, not too much. What a thing to happen after your holiday :-(
    Emzap nice volunteering
    Chick nice 10 miles
    Hazel hope you had a good run today 
    Dustin hope the drive was ok, have a good club mile tomorrow
    Alehouse how you doing? 
    What little run this morning
    Why oh felt poorly on the night so my run was shorter and included getting Rennie's for the drive home
    Last hard, this am
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Plotted a 15 Miler for tomorrow morning, got company for 5 of them. Back to schedule with a bang
  • Sorry to hear that, LMH! Hope you are ok. As Chick says, the car can be replaced, although it is always a pain with insurance to be sorted etc. 

Have been to the Jungfrau area a couple of times; can't imagine a race in the area. 

Interesting about being "most pregnant at parkrun", Emz! Is the other one due tomorrow?

Hamstring was particularly unhappy on my short run today. Frustrating. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh no lmh that's awful. I hope the other person stopped at least? Have you gone to get yourself checked out? Hope you're not too sore in the morning.

Ale yes she was due 27th aug!
  • Hope you beat her to it, Emz!