Tuesday 10th September 2019 - Who's gonna tell you when it's too late

Morning.

Lyrics - Who's gonna tell you when it's too late

When I can't run I feel better for a bit of alternative cardio Alehouse and the rower is supposed to be very good all round exercise. Car was collected a little after 1900hrs yesterday so now it's a question of waiting to see if they think it's repairable in which case I can have a courtesy car or not in which case I need an urgent replacement - but won't have a way of going to see any. Why the hire company wouldn't let me have a car even after the supervisor at the insurance company had spoken to them is baffling not to mention inconvenient. Had the legal people chasing me the last two days desperate to know about my injuries and out of pocket expenses for the last two days - they weren't happy when I told them I didn't want to claim for anything. Hope your hamstring improves quickly with the rest.

Come on emzap - priorities - let us know the news! 
:) 

How was your visit RFJ?

What:             short and easy
Why:              tapering
Last hard:      remaining positive this year
Last rest:       27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan. 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Hope everything is going well for emzap.

Some progress regarding the car at least LMH.

Swift mile at the weekend Dustin.

Accurate pacing for parkrun RFJ.  Hope the visit to the centre went well yesterday.

Hope it was less cold with that rain WP.

Did you get in a second run with your son Wabo?

Good alternative training Ale.

What: group run this evening with a bit of padding
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: plan tweaking for the next 2 weeks to fit in a hill race on Friday.  Next one in the series and not one I want to miss
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Don't get excited, nothing to report!

Had more bloods done (some at 4 am!) Which as you can imagine I was thrilled about. Liver is still bad and pre-eclampsia also developed. Under control now though thankfully. Just a waiting game. No diabetic breakfast options (normal I've eaten by 7 so I'm starving right now). Waiting for a voucher for canteen but may give up waiting soon.  Not much sleep due to very rude inconsiderate person on ward who decided it was ok to phone someone and complain she couldn't sleep, then shout at midwives all night...

Glad you're one step closer to solving the car lmh.

Hope the MS clinic went well rfj.

How's the hammy ale?

Have a lovely day all. Send calming vibes this way please :)
  • Morning!

Caaalmmm, Emz! Hope your day improves. Keep posting! 

Trust the car situation is sorted shortly, LMH.

Enjoy the group run, Hazel.

What: fitness suite this evening

Why: watching cricket during the day/hamstring/stretches/machines

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hiya
    Emz - thanks for the updates, hope you get some food and rest today!
    LmH - frustrating about the car, hope that situation resolves itself in short order
    Ale - good cross training

what - club training, longer hill reps on grass or 1k track reps, can't decide. Either way it's not going to be easy
    why - It's Tuesday
    last rest - 3 weeks ish
    last hard - Sunday, plus QoP elbows yesterday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    emzap, as you can tell we are all rooting for you, can't stop thinking about you! Glad you are getting the right care, lets hope bubs comes along today xx
    Alehouse yes thelegs - quads in particular - were  tired yesterday and even this morning a bit! Enjoy the fitness suite, keep stretching
    dustin, I bet those elbows hurt, I must go!! Enjoy the club hills or track reps!
    LMH what a pain about your car!!! Enjoy the short and easy, hope you are feeling ok
    Hazel enjoy the group run, no son didn't run. He needed to, but we ran out of time.  Had a lovely visit and cuddles though

what: just under 6 miles for 1.04 today
    why: schedule wanted 7.2 but time would not allow
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Have a good day all, come on forum bubba
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    yes caaaalmmmmm Emzap xx
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Em: I hope they feed you soon and you can sleep!Calm thoughts heading your way.

Hazel: It was less cold thank goodness:-)

What:8 miles
    Why: why not,because I can
    last hard: Slow legs
    Lyrics Nope

Not had breakfast as yet I am starving(just cooking)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Calming vibes being beamed in your direction emzap. Hospitals are horrible places to eat or sleep in my experience, could OH or a friend can bring you something in? I pretty much relied on supplies from outside during my last two admissions. I know it's not where you want to be but it does sound as though it's where you need to be for now. Time to come out baby!

Alehouse - unfortunately they are saying 48 hours for a decision so no end in sight just yet. Lots of stretching and foam rolling going on here too.

Enjoy the group run Hazel.

Sorry you didn't get your second run yesterday or the miles you wanted this morning Wabo, it's a pain when life gets in the way.

You are a sucker for punishment Dustin.

That's late for breakfast Poppy! Warmer here this morning too fortunately.

I ran further than I probably should this morning - my head needs it though my legs are quite clear that they don't feel they have had a rest despite the very light week last week.
  • Hm, thought I'd posted yesterday but seems I forgot to hit submit. D'oh.

Emzap: Oh man, you're really having a rough end to your pregnancy. Try yoga breathing and no toxic thoughts :)

Are you feeling a bit better, LMH? That's a long time with no rest …  those insurance folk are just plain annoying.

Nice gym session yesterday, ale.

Sounds like hard work, Dustin. And well done on the fast mile at the weekend!

Hazel: For a moment I thought padding meant warm clothes ;)  enjoy your padded group run

What: 7 miles with strides
    Why: schedule
    Last hard: the last 15 weeks …
    Last rest: yesterday although I did some power yoga
    Lyrics: yes

And Sunday's were I ran, A Flock of Seagulls

• Afternoon, just!

Cold and windy at cricket. Floodlights on and people watching in gloves, hats and even wrapped in blankets! Supposed to be warmer today!

Sorry to hear about the. Indecision re the car, LMH. Sounds unfair! Not your fault and surely the point of insurance is for exactly this sort of eventuality!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Very warm here ale. Been for a walk in the woods and to the medical museum. Think I'm the only person ever to go to the medical museum when about to give birth :lol:

I'm very calm except there's a high risk I'm going to hit someone else in this ward!  

Got a voucher for food so can get what I want from the canteen. Midwives were great when I asked. My oh is staying with me, luckily they haven't kicked him out.

Lmh this car thing is a real pain. Are you completely immobile without it or can you get around a bit?

Ale what cricket? County?

Wabo lovely to have cuddles :)

Thanks for the support all. It's really keeping me going.
  • Afternoon!

You sound in better spirits, Emz! No news on the birth?! And yes, county cricket, Lancs v Derbyshire. "We" are top of the table so a decent result here should seal promotion. Only stayed for the morning session but may go tomorrow pm weather permitting. Keep calm! And keep posting!
  • Nice to hear you sounding a bit more upbeat emzap- I expect some food helped. No telling when they plan to induce you still? I thought that once you had a bed it would happen. I can get to wherever I can walk to but I'm very limited in what I can carry (due to back/shoulder) and I'm trying to keep the miles down before Sunday's race (I've already walked 6.5 today according to the Garmin and have the afternoon dog walk to come).

Alehouse - the main problem seems to have been with the hire car company refusing to accept the insurance companies assurances that they'd get paid which is just weird. I can't understand it at all and now it's the fact that I can only have a courtesy car if mine is repairable - surely i could have had one whilst they decided if it's going to take two days?

I might take a rest day after the race if I feel like it chicksta, they just happen when I feel they need to.

My main stress with being car less is that FiL is still in hospital in Nottingham.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I was induced yesterday lmh... Monitor is showing some contractions but I'm not sure I'm feeling them. Now they tell me I have low sodium to add to my fun. I'm getting very good at pregnancy bingo!

That's a lot of walking, I've only managed 6km today.
  • LOL I'm surprised you've managed that much emzap! Oh dear, what are they planning to do next?
  • Afternoon, again!

If I am correct, LMH, it can take a couple of days for the inducing process to work. OH will know better! And where is he, by the way?

Cross training to report: mowed the lawns. Proper cross training in an hour or so.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Can take up to 5 days :sleeping:
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

LMH - not good, accidents and the ambulance chasers can be such a pain... hope you get everything sorted.

Intervals for me tonight 6 x .21m off same recovery, 4.5m in total.

The MS centre was interesting, catering for all areas of MS from light to extreme, the gym is set up for the latter, but there is an anti gravity treadmill (have to pay to use) and also an oxygen tank also with costs attached, generally a good set up, but dont think I will be using it much yet, but good to know where support is as they also have physios there too.

Take care all

PS think I know the lyrics