Starting Again

Its been a few years since I've run,  I've put on a few stone and feel a lot more lethargic.  Today was the day I decided to turn things round and start running again.  Its going to be a long journey till I get to the point of being able to go out for an easy 30 minute run again.

I've decided to follow the Runners World run walk method, so today was a 30 minute outing with 8 x 1min run 90s walk.  It was enjoyable, and felt good to be able to run even if only for a few minutes.

Here's to Thursday, when I go again.  Slow and steady does it.

Comments

• Well done Preston Plodder. The hardest step is always the first one.
  • Hello to everyone,
    I am new to the forum as writing, but I was reading and learning a few months before I create an account. I am on the same boat. I started March slowly. I follow the Garmin Fenix 5 course to do the 5K after 12 weeks and I made it. Now I follow the next course for 10K. I do well so far. My pace is horrible I think I do 10K in 1 and 5 minutes about. The race is on 6 October. I am not smoking but vaping a lot. I want to be free from that after 3 years. I smoked a lot in my life, but I think I can do it. I am 44 years old I know its to late for racings but I dont want to race I want to be helthy. Sorry for the long post.
    Nick
  • Well done nvlass - it's not about the pace, it's about what you achieve. And just getting out there and doing something means you've achieved something.
  • > @Guarddog said:
    > Well done nvlass - it's not about the pace, it's about what you achieve. And just getting out there and doing something means you've achieved something.

Thank you @Guarddog I in the process quitting vaping. I want to change my lifestyle. and thank you for your support it means a lot to me.
  • I came back to running after a number of years away. Just getting your ass out the door when planned each day, regardless of what you achieve was my focus, then it all started clicking.
  • spongecakespongecake ✭✭✭
    Preston Plodder, you've just reminded me of how I started years ago with the 1min run /walk. I'm gonna give it a try in the morning. Hoping to get back into shape ,I've turned into a  bit of a couch potato and need to take action lol.
  • RobojogRobojog ✭✭✭
    edited October 8
    I came back last year after a 13 year break! The hardest part was getting out the door the first time. I did make the mistake of trying to run at my old pace and soon damaged a muscle then a tendon before I realised I'm not as fast as I used to be. 18 months on and I've reached a reasonable standard for my age and am enjoying my running more than ever before.