Starting Again

Its been a few years since I've run,  I've put on a few stone and feel a lot more lethargic.  Today was the day I decided to turn things round and start running again.  Its going to be a long journey till I get to the point of being able to go out for an easy 30 minute run again.

I've decided to follow the Runners World run walk method, so today was a 30 minute outing with 8 x 1min run 90s walk.  It was enjoyable, and felt good to be able to run even if only for a few minutes.

Here's to Thursday, when I go again.  Slow and steady does it.

Comments

• Well done Preston Plodder. The hardest step is always the first one.
  • Hello to everyone,
    I am new to the forum as writing, but I was reading and learning a few months before I create an account. I am on the same boat. I started March slowly. I follow the Garmin Fenix 5 course to do the 5K after 12 weeks and I made it. Now I follow the next course for 10K. I do well so far. My pace is horrible I think I do 10K in 1 and 5 minutes about. The race is on 6 October. I am not smoking but vaping a lot. I want to be free from that after 3 years. I smoked a lot in my life, but I think I can do it. I am 44 years old I know its to late for racings but I dont want to race I want to be helthy. Sorry for the long post.
    Nick
  • Well done nvlass - it's not about the pace, it's about what you achieve. And just getting out there and doing something means you've achieved something.
  • > @Guarddog said:
    > Well done nvlass - it's not about the pace, it's about what you achieve. And just getting out there and doing something means you've achieved something.

Thank you @Guarddog I in the process quitting vaping. I want to change my lifestyle. and thank you for your support it means a lot to me.
  • I came back to running after a number of years away. Just getting your ass out the door when planned each day, regardless of what you achieve was my focus, then it all started clicking.
  • Preston Plodder, you've just reminded me of how I started years ago with the 1min run /walk. I'm gonna give it a try in the morning. Hoping to get back into shape ,I've turned into a  bit of a couch potato and need to take action lol.
  • RobojogRobojog ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I came back last year after a 13 year break! The hardest part was getting out the door the first time. I did make the mistake of trying to run at my old pace and soon damaged a muscle then a tendon before I realised I'm not as fast as I used to be. 18 months on and I've reached a reasonable standard for my age and am enjoying my running more than ever before. 
  • I have just come back to running post a long absence - I did a 5K yesterday feeling it a bit today but it was great fun soon as the quad pain reduces more an ache than a pain I will be out for the next run :)
  • Very much done Preston Plodder. The hardest advance is consistently the first.
  • I'm getting back to running after a 4 year break too. I wondered off into the world of weightlifting and training for stongman competition so put on a load of weight. Its going to be a challenging journey but looking forward to it!
  • Have a second chance in life with a new identity, protect your privacy, build a new credit history, take back your freedom. We offer real driver's licenses, passports, visas, id card, resident permit, stamps, school diplomas, work permits, marriage certificates, death certificates, green card, credit cards, bank statements and other documents for a number of countries such as: USA , Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, Japan, China! Our team produces high quality products, authentic database passports, databases or citizenship documents and other ID cards. We use high quality equipment and materials to create documents. 20 million of our documents are circulating around the world.

Buy Real / Fake passport online
    Buy Real / fake ID card online
    Buy Real / fake drivers license online
    Buy Real / fake documents online

Skype..nicolas.persey

Whatsapp..+447440452178

[email protected]

https://rosabarreto909.wixsite.com/mysite

We offer high quality fake currencies for the following countries;
    EUR - Euro
    USD - US dollars
    GBP - British Pound
    INR - Indian Rupee
    AUD - Australian Dollars
    CAD - Canadian Dollars
    AED - Emirati Dirham
    ZAR edge
    CHF - Swiss Franc
    CNY - Chinese Yuan Renminbi
    MYR - Malaysian Ringgit
    THB - Thai Baht

We can produce the following items:
    Genuine British passport online
    Real Canadian passport online
    Real French passport online
    Real American passport online
    Real russian passport online
    Real Japanese passport online
    Real Chinese passport online
    WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS FOR THE COUNTRIES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION.
    REAL DRIVERS LICENSE, PASSPORTS, I.DCARDS, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, DIPLOMES, VISA, RESIDENT PERMIT.
  • Slow steady you can do it