Tuesday 17th September 2019 - Lay it down, pull my heart to the ground

Morning.

Lyrics - Lay it down, pull my heart to the ground

Hope you slept well emzap and are feeling a bit better today. More pictures of the lovely Lucas to cheer me up please 
:)

Busy day for you yesterday OH. Shame you couldn't find any company for your Scapa Loop. I'd need a tailwind to get me up that hill! 

Grace has been a part of my life and daily routine for so long, she moved in before Mark did. I need to find a new routine, the mornings are too long without her walk especially as I'm not sleeping well. Hopefully we'll settle down and feel better in a few days.

What:           whatever I feel like once it's light
Why:            sanity
Last hard:    adjusting to life without Grace
Last rest:     27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Yes, a big change to your life, LMH

Yes, more Lucas pictures please, Emz. A friend has a son called Lucas, but it is Luc for short (friend is French, mum is English).

What: fitness suite this evening

Why: meeting with uni cross country club captains, then cricket. An excellent day yesterday at OT: the sun shone (!) and Middlesex were reduced to 39 for 6. Guaranteed to be division champions. 

Lyrics: No
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

LMH: A really big change and will take time to adjust xx

EM I hope you had a good night sleep and baby Lucas is doing well.

What 6 miles
    Why: Tapering
    Last hard: tapering
    Lyrics Nope

Ah well this tapering is hard but I was rewarded by a faster than normal run this morning.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hope mum and Lucas doing well

Work. Badminton this evening.
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH bless it must be very hard. x
    Emzap echo more pics! So hope you are a bit better today and slept well x
    oh enjoy thebadminton
    Poppy what are you tapering for?  
    alehouse enjoy the fitness and I hope the  meeting goes well, and your cricket, busy busy!
    Lyrics no
    what: 20 mins am
    why: rest day
    last hard: last night 
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • ((LMH)) 

Hope emzap's silence means she is getting in some nice rest.

Happy birthday for yesterday Dustin!

What: 10 miles with 40 mins LT.  Bus out and run home.
    Why: last LT run of the HM plan. 
    Last hard: not going back to bed for the next couple of months (work related again..). 
    Last rest: 16.09.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Morning, thanks for all the birthday wishes, cake was consumed.
    So sorry to hear about Grace LmH, 
    what - club session
    why - Tuesday
    last rest - 11 days
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - think so
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Lmh I'm so sorry to hear about grace. That must be so difficult for you. Am thinking about you.

Yesterday's lyrics were inaudible melodies by Jack Johnson 

Lmh yes... My oh didn't want to call him the shortening of a name and Lucas and Luke are 2 names that I like the long and short versions of.

What: we are going home!!!!!
    Why: we asked and they said yes. I'm so relieved
    Last hard: last night being on antenatal alone with him. Was horrible not having my oh around
    Lyrics: nope

We've had a difficult time feeding but hoping to be able to settle into that a bit more once we are home and able to relax better.  Just waiting for the doctors to debrief us on exactly what happened as we get the impression that it was more serious than we were told at the time and would like to know for the future. If it's a serious health problem it can become relevant later in life.

I'm hoping next time I'm here it'll be from home with my little family.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Afternoon!

Yes, Emz, am sure you will feel much better in your own home! You do indeed sound relieved! And yes, important at some stage to have details of what the issues were. 

Positive meeting with the new uni captains who are both enthusiastic and organised. Then to OT to watch cricket. Not as warm as yesterday but pleasant enough. Two more days of the home season at most. Fitness suite shortly!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Fingers crossed you can go home soon, em. Wow, that does all sound a bit mysterious and scary. Hope they tell you exactly what happened. You'll want to know these things, especially if you're planning on having more family members in the near future.

My heart goes out to you, LMH. Bet Grace is smiling down on you and Mark from doggy heaven.

Well done getting that last LT run out of the way, Hazel.

Glad the meeting was positive, ale.

Enjoy the club session, Dustin.

What: just core stuff in the gym
    Why: tapering
    Last hard: tapering
    Last rest: today
    Lyrics: no
  • I'm so pleased for you emzap. It will be lovely for you to be at home as a family. Always nicer to be in your own environment where you can control things, hospitals are not nice places.

I'm reading but I'm sorry I don't have the capacity to comment much at the moment.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I was far too hopeful that "we are discharging you today" meant I'd get to go home today. The consultant ran out of time to discharge me today so we are waiting for someone who they deem suitable to discharge me. It's 7.5 hours after they told me we'd go home and I'm going mad . I escaped to the cafe in the foyer as I told them I'd lose my mind if I was kept on the ward any longer!

Lmh I'm still sending hugs
  • Evening!

Just back from the fitness suite via the alehouse...that is not the news I was expecting, Emz! Hope it is sorted soonest!

Worked hard tonight...and I don't mean in the pub!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all,

feeling tired and fat..... stretching a lot, not much else.

Hospital tomorrow for my Lumbar Puncture, so no work for me

Take care