Super Halfs

Not being a huge fan of the marathon distance this seems a more interesting international challenge for me: 

https://www.superhalfs.com/

"The elite runners of the world travel from city to city, from race to race and challenge to challenge. They do it for the glory, for fame and the record books.

Well, SuperHalfs is our way of sending you and other regular runners off on your own running adventure.

It’s a series of five glorious half marathons that will take you to Lisbon, Prague, Copenhagen, Cardiff and Valencia.

Not for the headlines. Not for a chance to take your place on the podium. But for the fun of running. For the thrill of travel. And for the joy of saying “I did it!”

All of the SuperHalfs events are World Athletics’ Gold Label races or are run on World Athletics (IAAF) World Championship courses. They are certified by AIMS or have been awarded a 5 Star Road Race standard by European Athletics.

What’s more, several races in the SuperHalfs group have played host to World Record performances."

Only one week between the first two though. (Lisbon and Prague) 

Comments

• ah, I see you can complete them over two years which seems more manageable. 

"Finish the five races within 36 months "
  • Superhalves, surely? ;)

Sounds like a good challenge, but I'm a bit puzzled by the statement:

A portion of your registration fees will allow us to support a broad range of environmental issues and sustainability efforts, helping to ensure that the only footprints we leave behind are those we make with our feet.

...by encouraging people to fly around Europe?
  • Carbon footprint conundrum notwithstanding I think I'd be up for it. I'd tried to get into Valencia for this year, but it was booked up. Certainly be an interesting challenge.
  • I must admit I am much less inclined to travel for a half than I am for a marathon (it's rather necessary with the marathon, since I've never managed to get into London where I live...but there are plenty of halves in or close to London). I guess if you're flush then you can combine it with a holiday...but I'm on a tight budget.