Great Scottish Run

Finally got my entry sorted for the Great Scottish Run in Glasgow on September 29. Anyone else doing either the 10k or the half?

Comments

• Half for me today for the 27th successive year.Fully expecting a personal worst. In terms of training I can certainly I am very well rested!Conditions look OK at moment .Good luck to everyone running today.
  • Hope it went OK for you. I smashed my PB so couldn't ask for any more!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    That's an impressive streak, Gradge!  I ran the GSR from 2000 to 2007 (then got pregnant, had a couple of kids....) and really want to do it again.  How does the route compare to the "old" one?  I loved the unofficial water station at 9 miles, and the wee rest going down Drumbreck road, but it looks like you run up that now. Not sure how I'd feel about it being different :)
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I personally preferred the old route, mostly as you note for the unofficial water station and for the amazing support the Asian community in that area put on.
    The new course is fine. They have attempted to take in more recent landmarks such as the Hyrdo and Squinty Bridge, but it's certainly at the cost of better crowd support.
  • GradgeGradge ✭✭✭
    The course is decent apart from the Clydeside expressway at 1.5-2 miles approaching the Kingston Bridge when it gets very narrow. I also don't like Pollok Park as again it gets narrow and due to the trees and corners it seems to go on forever and it's hard to really know where you are. Both mine and my mates Garmin seemed to measure the course as being long this year.Anyone else find that? I also managed a personal worst again but not due to the incorrect distance.