It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
not cancelled, postponed to October. Which is probably the best outcome in a bad situation.
Agreed on both points! I may well still go to London as we all go as a family and do a lot of tourist stuff. I certainly won't be partaking in a 'freedom run'.
Ashby 20 have just cancelled for sunday.
One thing that is worth considering as to why these races are cancelled beyond the spreadability of the virus is this;
to host a major event requires the resources of trained medical staff. If the NHS is hammered over this they can't release medics to attend major races. That is why Ashby 20 has been cancelled I understand. They couldn't get medics.
Also, after running a mara you will have a suppressed immune system so suddenly 50k people catapulted into a high risk cat.
I have heard that a decision to postpone London has been taken and an announcement is imminent.
Looking at 4th October.
Someone on the sub 3 fb page who has connections at vmlm I believe. My coach also has a similar connection and told me this morning London were looking at alternative dates.
My coach has just messaged saying he's heard 4th Oct.
It's week after Berlin so I may have to bin it off.
I am in 3 of them!! 6 would be a push.
Ouchouch- Berlin 28th Sept, London 04th oct (tbc) and New York 01st November.
I may simply have to ditch London as Berlin was a targeted smash so 7 days later is pushing it even to plod around.....isn't it?? New York was always planned as a tourist run as we are going for my wifes 40th and I have had to promise I won't let the mara dominate matters and that I will be in sightseeing shape after the race.