Love is a burnin' thing
And it makes a fiery ring

Yesterday's lyrics Angels Robbie Williams

Beautiful walk last night along the canal 

Must take it a bit easier today. 

Have a nice day

Comments

• Morning.

Lucas not sleeping so well emzap? Glad you enjoyed the walk but yes, you probably need to pace yourself.

Race well Poppy and OH.

We are forecast a very wet day, there may be a dry window for a short run or my new jacket may get an outing, timing will work around our friend's departure.

What:          short and probably wet
    Why:           drastic change in the weather
    Last hard:   finding last year's running form
    Last rest:    27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning and yes to lyrics :)

Take it easy, em. It's only been a week and feeding drains you.

Give me a shout when you find your running form, LMH. I reckon mine must be hiding in the same place ;)

Go well, racers.

Another couple of easy miles here. Still beautiful and a warm day is forecast.
  • You're tapering chicksta - always feels awful for a few days, you'll be flying towards the end of the week.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lyrics were the song that came on the desert island dics that I was listening to whilst feeding Lucas!

I think I got up to feed him twice last night lmh though he doesn't wake himself up when he's hungry so we need to wake up then wake him up, which is a challenge!

Will take it a bit easier today which given the weather shouldn't be too hard!

Good luck for your 10 km oh. Do you have to travel far for it?

Lmh how are you feeling this morning?

Wabo if you feel happier for it, then it's definitely the right decision.

Ale how's the hammy at the moment?

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning

Good luck OH  may the wind be behind you :)

LMH:Youwill have to let us know how road testing of new jacket goes :)

Em: Pacing is everything:-)

Chick: Taper madness foryou then...LOL

What Swansea 10k
    Why: Not sure to test my level of pain
    Last hard: I think today
    Lyrics : Yes

We have an opening in the awful rain and wind for start of race so fingers crossed it stays dry and wind free :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

Good luck OH and WP! Hope the weather isn't too awful.

I imagine the walks must be nice after the days in the hospital emzap.

Certainly sounds like tapering Chicksta.

Hope you have had a nice weekend with your friend LMH.

Good you have made your decision regarding Snowdon Wabo.

Nice barbecue Ale?

What: progressive LR
    Why: plan
    Last hard: deciding how progressive that will be
    Last rest 16.09

Lyrics: the usual no
  • How come Lucas doesn't wake when he wants a feed emzap? Excuse my ignorance - it's been many years since I babysat and I've none of my own. Weather suits my mood this morning - I got a soaking on my walk and was just about to set off for my run when the heavens opened again so I'm delaying it in the hope it will go through and I can at least set off in the dry.

Too warm for the jacket WP. Hope you get your weather window.

I'd say easy as an easy thing at the start Hazel and see how you feel - but then I'm not as disciplined as you.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Very wet here today, which is a major change from yesterday's BBQ weather. BBQ was good!

Go well, racers: looking forward to the reports!

What: fitness suite

Why: should be dry in there. Need more work on glutes etc. Hamstring is improving but am a little anxious about running yet, which suggests it is not quite ready.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh apparently if they're not ready to come out like Lucas, they don't realise they need to wake up! You only learn this when they start losing weight, even when you are feeding them every time they wake!

Trying to get Lucas into rugby, but so far he's not liking Scotland Vs Ireland and has gone very red in the face!
  • Better to err on the side of caution Alehouse.

Thanks for that emzap - you live and learn. I guess it at least means that you can set the schedule.
  • Thanks all 
    Dounby 10k (55:59) pretty windy and out into it but tail wind for last 4k. Happy enough and enjoyed it.
    Why: it would be rude not to
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last "rest" yesterday.
    Lyrics - a rare yes!

Hope weather was reasonably kind to you Poppy
  • OH well done on your 10k :)

Swansea 10k 54.54 rain stopped for race I was soaked through on mile warm up.But Like OH a fierce headwind.Happy enough with race and time legs wading treacle on last mile.I  also beat my post achilles time back in 2016 the last time I ran this race by 11 seconds :)

Garmintrude tells me 3 days to recover :)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    well done to both OH and WP, solid races in hard conditions

easy parkrun with Mrs RFJ at Congleton yesterday as away for the weekend... leg ok if a bit tired but no major issues

Still not running today though as gone done with the lurgy which has floored me and meant we couldnt go out and about today other then to come home... but then the weather closed in....

Take care
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done oh and poppy :) sorry to hear you have lurgy rfj
  • Well done on your respective windy 10ks Poppy and OH.

Get well soon, RFJ.

That's interesting information about baby feeding, em. I also had no idea.

Hope your progression run went well, Hazel.

I wish it were taper related, LMH but all my runs were slower than last year apart from a few interval and tempo runs. MP simply isn't what I got last year or if I try to run at the same pace my HR is a good couple of beats higher.
    I need a serious miracle next Sunday to run a 3:3x.

Luckily I only need to break 5 hours as Two Oceans qualifier. Even though my confidence is at an all time low I'm pretty sure that's doable ;)

You're so patient, ale.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Well done Poppy. Dry here but wind  sounds pretty similar.
  • Well raced OH and Poppy.

Sorry to hear that you're now ill RFJ.

I'm in the same position chicksta and have been all year. You will find something on the day though I'm sure.
  • Afternoon!

Well done, OH!

Sorry to hear you are not well, RFJ! Get well quickly!

WP: that is a massive improvement compared to your last couple of 10ks! About half a minute a mile! Well done! Shows the training has worked! What's next? I would suggest a couple of easy days and then find another race or two, or perhaps a parkrun.

Chick: you have done the training and by next weekend I am sure you will feel fresher and be on pace. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse: Ah but all the 10'ks this year have been hot and hilly.So this is really first chance to test myself and see where I was with training.
    Next 4 weeks time Great South Run I shall continue doing what I am doing although need to up the miles from 8 miles to 10+ miles.I will continue going to Aberafan for my flat double days.
    I also want to run Richard Burton 10k Nov 3rd which will be hilly and that will be it till Boxing day  Glyneath 5 miler.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh and poppy nice racing!!
    Rfj sorry you're poorly
    Emzap bless him that's sweet and you seem like you've got it sussed
    Hope our one doesn't come early as in going away the week before due date! They can have Bubba Snowdonia well if they like

What streak saver
    Why had a Lovely  day with oh and visited his dad so that was enough
    Last hard the decision
    Last rest 31/12/16
    I do feel a bit sad about Snowdon but I realise my life is just too busy with everything so this is right. 
    Have a lovely Sunday evening all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can