Options

Tuesday 24 September 2019 - I wish I could break All the chains holding me

I wish I could break
All the chains holding me

Yesterday's lyrics, Cyndi Pauper girls just wanna have fun

What: registering Lucas
Why: we need to do it!
Last hard: probably hard leaving the house at 8.30 for appointment!

Chick hope this is all just taper madness and it all comes together on Sunday.

Lmh glad the run helped clear your head.  Hope today's helps as well.

Oh sounds like you're very busy.
Dustin, I'm fully expecting him to empty the fridge when he's older!

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Lauper emzap - but as 1229 when no doubt multitasking we'll let you off:-) Hope you can make it out on time without too much rushing.

Running is most definitely for my head at the moment OH.

I'm pleased your son ran with you even though it was raining Wabo. Do you think he'll make a habit of it?

We are forecast heavy rain just about all day so I'm going to get soaked at some point I guess. Back to work today though only for a couple of hours fortunately. Parking is likely to be stressful though as I'm still in the courtesy car - garage is still awaiting parts - so much for mine being ready last Wednesday!

What:            short, slow and probably wet
    Why:             sanity and like in England
    Last hard:     getting through yesterday was hard
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh thanks! Autocorrect!  Lucas woke himself up for feeds last night and pretty much on our schedule so I think we are getting somewhere :) let's see if it continues. Does mean I got sleep in 2 hour bursts so feeling pretty drained.

Thunderstorm during the 5 am feed, sounded quite close. Be careful out there!
  • Options
    That sounds like progress - especially if you've managed to train him to your schedule  :) It is warm and very wet here - boil in the bag, get soaked through (just did this on my walk), go to the gym and run on the treadie or wait until this afternoon and hope the weather improves and I can still motivate myself out......
  • Options
    Morning!

Sounds like progress with the shortly to be named one, Emz!  

The car seems to be taking forever, LMH! I had assumed that you had got it back by now. 

What: will be spending some time on the anti-gravity treadmill at 85% bodyweight

Why: testing, testing

And it is rather wet out there. 

Lyrics: not today
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say, not first line as that has the title in
  • Options
    Morning all, 
    LmH - that car situation is dragging on, I'd like to say that surprises me, but I think we have all been there.
    Ale - not done the 12 stage, not sure it's one my club actively targets unfortunately

What - getting wet
    Why - coaching / training tonight and it's been biblical since the howling woke me up at 4
    last rest - 3 weeks
    last hard - will be today if legs permit it
    lyric - possibly

• Options
    Dustin, apart from the National cross country the 12 stage is the best club occasion of the year for middle distance runners!

It is still raining, and so dark I have the lights on.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

Thanks for the number Chicksta.  Will look in for sure.

Hope you got out on time emzap.  Good news regarding the feeding routine. 

I would take the wait until this afternoon option LMH and maybe then head for the treadmill if it hasn't improved - or can't you get to the gym in the afternoon?  Good luck with the parking! 

Hope the treadmill tests go ok Ale.   Was just looking at some pictures of the anti-g TM out of curiosity - look like boil in the bag as well!

I imagine coaching in the rain to be more unpleasant than running in it Dustin.  Well done on the relays. 

Nice family running Wabo.

Thanks for the comments for me yesterday.  Feel a bit better today after yesterday's rest day.  I have at least in the meantime sorted out holiday locations with OH so that I have sensible running territory not too far away if I want to run.  Sensible = not only halfway up a bloody great mountain with only steep up or steep down available.   Lots of joint activities also possible so both should be happy.

What: group run later
    Why: company will do me good
    Last hard: fixing my head
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    hazel the holiday sounds good, and the company run will make things feel better I am sure
    lmh my son is saying he loves it and how it makes him feel, he's fast so what is happening is I am getting a great work out! To stay with him for the short bursts I clocked 7.45 mm which is fast for me and he looks like he is strolling, he is over 6ft!! this is for his head and health. Enjoy your run today, I feel this rain is in for the day though
    alehouse enjoy the anti grav run, at least you will be dry
    dustin have a good coaching/training session, probably wet!!

What: an hour later, 15 w/u30 mins with 2 mins intervals and 30sec recovery 15 min w/d
    why: aim to get some pace going
    last hard: last night with long legged son
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Head and health are the best reasons Wabo.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Hazel. Hope the group run helps too.

Hope it dries up for your coaching Dustin.

Glad you got an anti-g slot Alehouse. I hope it goes well.

On Friday the garage was still awaiting a rear axle, stub axle and wheel bearing. Yesterday it was an abs sensor.

The rain is just biblical here and being out was not going to be fun. I decided to head to the gym and get my program done and then see how I felt and I felt like having a play on the treadie. Not standard post long run stuff but I actually enjoyed a mile warm up, three miles progressive and mile cool down. Feel ready to cope with whatever work throws at me now (she says hopefully).
  • Options
    Morning,

Hazel Glad you are feeling a little betterand hope you enjoy group run.

Wabo:Nice work with son:-)

What : 1 mile/6 mile walk
    Why: Hamstring issue
    Last hard: Hamstring which is sore
    Lyrics: Yes

I went out and knew I could not run through it ,especially as I live at bottom of hill so went walking in torrential rain and ran last mile  which is flat/downhill.
    Flash flooding car's stuck awaiting rescue and I had to wade through knee high ice water for 1/2 mile.
    Rain has stopped but lots of issues across the area buses stuck roads closed etc.Grocery delivery got through!
    Lots of stretching and weapons of torture in use(The Stick and foam roller)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear of flooding, WP...and can empathise re the hamstring, of course! I would back right off, lots of stretching and rolling. Hope you have caught it before it is too bad: I could barely walk the 500 metres to the village at one stage, and going up or down hill was not a good idea!

What: a-g treadmill. 4.5 miles at various paces, with most at 85% bodyweight, around a mile at 90%. Hamstring better but definitely not quite right as I could feel it slightly throughout. Stretching and rollering to follow.

Interesting and unprecedented day in the courts/politics, whatever one's views! 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Flooding here too. Took us 30 min to drive to turn, normally takes 6! Then got soaked by a white van man. Needless to say I was not a happy bunny when I got home!
  • Options
    Interesting times indeed Alehouse. Sounds as though there's some improvement though I wish for your sake it was more.

I think you must have had your rain start earlier than ours Poppy, we were only starting to flood as I was on my way to the gym. As Alehouse says - take care of that hamstring.

I'm glad I did that treadie run this morning as it's still tipping it down here :-(
  • Options
    Good job to get that run out of the way on the TM, LMH. Fingers crossed for an end to the car saga ...

Em: Good news that Lucas now wakes up on his own. And how rude of a white van man but bloody typical.

Hazel: Nice to have your holiday plans sorted. Always good to have something to look forward to.

Ale: progess on the anti g treadmill it seems. Fingers crossed.

Poppy: oh no! Take it easy and I hope it goes away as quickly as it appeared.

My hamstring started to play up at exactly this stage before Berlin last year. Hope it's behaving this time around.

Wabo: 7:45 is fast in my book too. Annoying how them young ones just churn out fast miles with relative ease ;)

What: hopefully 7 when I get home
    Why: it was raining this morning and I didn't fancy the TM (should have … I don't like my workout looming over me all day)
    Last hard: looking back over my schedule and realising how slow I am
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta very annoying especially if you knew how unfit he is!!
  • Options
    I don't like to put my runs off until later chicksta but at this stage you know that not running won't harm your race in any way - why not take the day off?
  • Options
    I very nearly ditched the run, LMH but it was a nice evening and I'd been chained to my desk without a break today. So I figured I needed this not just for the head but for the body too as I felt quite stiff and uncomfortable after so much sitting.

Settled on 5 miles to be home before it was completely dark. Gosh, but the days are so short now :( before we know it it's Christmas ;)
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'd put mine off as well but all in all I had Not a Bad 5 miler
  • Options
    Evening!

Well done Chick and Wabo! And I managed a gentle session in the fitness suite.

Raining again.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LMH head and health best reasons to run, Amen to that

And hence why I nearly feel human again.... managed 2.5m on the treadmill at home, 2nd run in 10 days..... feels good

Hoping to go back to work in the morning, feeling much better, waiting for the works gym membership to open again on 01st Oct as look to re-plan my exercise routine

Dont think I have ever done the 12 stage relays either.... only the 6 stage local and national

Take care
  • Options
    Just badminton today
    Lyrics no