Thursday, 5th December 2019 - Oh the Wind whistles down

Morning!

Sorry for being awol. December madness at work is back with a vengeance and 12+ hours work days :s   

Lyrics: Oh the wind whistles down
The cold, dark street tonight

Will catch up properly hopefully later.

Now out for a run to keep me sane even though it's exactly like those lyrics out there.

Comments

• Morning.

Forecast to get windy here too chicksta - and wet later:-( Hope the run helps.

It's a pain when Garmins go wrong chamolk. Are you thinking of replacing it?

Not the one with the mudslide OH? :-)

I had a bad night coughing and have a headache and sore throat this morning but RHR is the same as yesterday and peak flow is better so no excuses.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           feeling rough
    Last hard:   sleeping
    Last rest:    2/12

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Emz - well done. I am a constant source of embarrassment to my children. Am Ithe only person to have never had (or indeed want) a Christmas jumper?
    LmH - correct with the rest day, looked back and it was back end of October, although several days have been an easy few ks (today for example). This week is a planned lighter week anyway - Tuesday track aside.
    Sounds like you need to take it easy today, hope it's just a one night thing.
    Chamolk - my garmin is shocking at getting a signal at work (Canary Wharf). It regularly takes 15+ minutes 
    ( I don't wait - I just run and accept a 25 minute first mile)

What - coaching U11s, so nothing more than easy jogging
    Why - routine, legs battered
    Last rest - October
    Last hard - Tuesday
  • Morning!

Lyrics are familiar, so that's a no. 

What: a run of some description this morning, fitness suite this evening

Why: not working/routine/hopefully run before the rain arrives!

Strange experience the other day: switched on the television for the local news, and more importantly the weather, and there, staring back at me was a clip of me running! I was running with Dr Hill back in 2014 when he was celebrating his 50 years of running every day; he was being awarded the freedom of his local borough on Tuesday. 

Chamolk: have you tried a factory re-set? I usually find that that solves most Garmin issues.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Work sounds tough indeed Chicksta.  Hope the run gave you some you time.

Wabo, GA = general aerobic (sorry)..

emzap - I bet that Lucas looked cute in his outfit though.  Definitely a photo or two to keep.

How many running books do you have Ale?  Most of the few I have are ebooks but somehow I regret not having the paper version as well.   Must have been nice to see your son out riding.  Like the idea of seeing yourself on the TV.

Nice hills OH.

Grr to the watch issues chamolk.  Will need a new watch sometime myself and it is tales like that (and past experience) that put me off of Garmin.

Good mileage WP

No Christmas jumper here Dustin - got better things to spend my money on (running gear for example!)

Thinking of cold dark streets....

It seems one of my fairly near neighbours was run over yesterday evening when taking out the rubbish.  It didn't look good (ambulance guys and police were doing their stuff as I came home but obviously I didn't linger).   Please stay safe out there and make sure you are visible.  Still a bit shook up today - I was involved in an accident about 10 years ago and it has brought up bad memories.

What: lunch MLR
    Why: base miles
    Last hard: the above
    Last rest: 02.12.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning

Chamolk I was thinking the same as Ale a factory reset maybe needed?

Dustin:No Christmas jumper here either :)

Hazel: Oh dear that is awful to hear about neighbour.

What: 7.5 miles/kettle bell workout
    Why: Because/ needed to stop at village for banana's
    Last hard: Nope nothing to say
    Lyrics nope

Another early cold run and very dark but back to normal with time going out.I may prefer daylight but needs must.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon!

Sorry to hear about that news, Hazel. Probably just under 40 athletics' books. And probably around the same for other sports in total. Seeing myself on TV was a bit of a shock, especially as I looked a fair bit overweight!

What: managed to get on the anti-gravitational treadmill, so did a session of 3 x 3mins @5 minute miling with 2 mins recovery at 6 minute miling. Shame it was at 90% bodyweight.

Why: hope to do this sort of session for the next couple of months, hopefully gradually building whilst off loading a bit of impact.

Fitness suite later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    lmh  glad you are doing ok ish
    chick sorry its all a bit manic but the run must help!
    alehouse when were you on telly???
    hazel oh that is awful about your neighbour, sorry t o hear it gave you bad memories.  Thanks for the GA explanation
    dustin enjoy your easy day
    what: 2 miles early doors followed by .7 manic run walking bethnal green to royal london
    why: biopsy on face (another possible sun damage thing) no trains to whitechapel so I had to run!!
    last hard: needle inface
    last rest: 31/12/16

took myself to bed early last night, 7.5 hours of much needed sleep
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    good news, my weight has dipped below 11st first time in ages...
  • Local news, Tuesday morning, Wabo! Doesn't sound comfortable this morning! And weight heading in the right direction. I'm still about 9 lbs heavier than 4 months ago, and a stone heavier than I would like to be. And I won't mention the footie.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    no dont mention the footie...
  • Hazel: That sounds terrible, no wonder you're a bit shaken. 

Good news re. weight-loss, wabo. The biopsy sounds rather painful and quite scary though. Hope you're OK.

Dustin: I don't have any garish xmas jumper and I don't ever want one :s I enjoy running in my santa hat though - German runners are generally very self-absorbed and barely acknowledge you but I get lots of thumbs-ups and friendly faces when I wear THE hat :)

Fancy being on the telly, ale :)  Don't they say that a TV camera adds a good 10 lbs normally?

LMH: Sorry your cold is still lingering. Did you manage a run?

What: 8.5 miles
    Why: sanity
    Last hard: work
    Last rest: Tuesday 

• Well done on the weight loss Wabo.

I bet that did feel a bit strange Alehouse - and that you probably didn't weight that much then.

Hope your neighbour is ok Hazel and that you get over the shock. I love Garmins.

No xmas jumper here either Dustin. I've had the lurgy for about a week now - it just seems to be doing different things on different days.

My run was a slog today chicksta but better than not running.

Hope you can revert to daylight tomorrow Poppy.
  • 4 mile run, swim and lunch.
    This has now become a weekly routine since one of our swim group had her baby. As we take it in turns to look after the baby, these are now known as "BabeWatch" swims.  :D the
    Last hard: this has been a long week.
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Lyrics appropriate but no.

Doesn't sound good Hazel. Hope she's ok.

Never had a lairy Christmas jumper although I do have a rather more tasteful polar bear jumper.

Hope you enjoyed your TV coverage AH.
  • That sounds lovely OH (apart from the cold water of course:-)