Monday 9th December 2019 Look at the stars

Morning!

Lyrics: Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you

What: about an hour with M74

Why: a much needed LSR. And they say something yellow should be in the sky, not that it will give off much heat at this time of year.

Wabo: decent result for my team yesterday; long may it continue!

Hoping for more sleep...
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you got back to sleep Alehouse. Another bad night here. Supposed to be dry here for the morning but it's cold and windy.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse about your neighbour Hazel but hopefully less upsetting for you. Good that OH facilitated your run - it sounds like a good one.

I need to roll around on my spiky ball and get my head into the right place to get out for a run. Not much time this morning before work so mustn't prevaricate.

What:         a run
    Why:           I need to
    Last hard:   sleeping/feeling enthusiastic and motivated
    Last rest:    9/12

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LmH - I think we all get these training lulls, we know it will pass. Glad Dido was good!
    Emz - lovely reindeer!
    RFJ - football! no wonder the legs hurt...
    Hazel - as LmH says not sure if the neighbour news is better or worse, but hopefully they get the help they need.

Busy week continued into a busy weekend:
    Comedy night on Friday, not too late (before midnight), Saturday hit town early and broke the back of C shopping, followed by an easy 10k to restore sanity. 
    Mrs D's work's do on Saturday night, more turkey and Christmas Pud, drank (almost) sensibly, so no after effects for Sunday morning. 14 trail miles in sunny and mild conditions. Fast forwrad to Junior XC in the afternoon and we had howling winds, horizontal rain for two of the races before it all cleared away and turned sunny again...

Today - easy lunchtime
    Why - exhausted
    last rest - October
    last hard - trails yesterday were boggy
  • Morning

Enjoy your LSR with M74 Ale.  Hope you got some more sleep and that yellow thing in the sky does turn up for your run.

Hope you are out and running by now LMH. 

Not surprised you are exhausted after that lot Dustin.  Have a good lunchtime run.

Have a good start to the week everybody.

What: rest day
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: slowing down
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: possibly
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Morning again!

Meant to say, yesterday's lyrics were Lionel Richie with Easy (Like Sunday Morning).

Patchy sleep so ending up getting up far earlier than I had hoped! Stretches now then out with M74.

Last week was 34.5k: highest week since mid August. Will be happy when I can handle 50 without issue.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Quiet again!

Sun came out and wind dropped, but still cold, certainly for the first half...

What: just over an hour, either quiet roads or off road

Why: what M74 wanted.  Enjoyed!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    I know these lyrics...
    nice running alehouse, yes leicester are doing so well!!
    I've just done two 40k weeks alehouse, happy days
    hazel enjoy the monday rest
    Dustin blimey busy busy weekend, mine too! The running keeps us sane right
    LMH hope you got a nice run in

What: tiddler this morning maybe a 3 miler later
    why: some silly squares game, hazel knows
    last hard: this am
    last r est: 31/12/16
    crazy weekend and I started to feel lurgy coming on again last night...

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • LOVE the song, ale <3<3<3  so yes yes yes to lyrics :) sounds like you had a good run in nice conditions

Oh no, wabo :/ that's one nasty sticky lurgy - damn hard to shake

Wow, Hazel. You're on fire. Don't think I ever managed to run faster than PnD told me to. Well done :+1: Neighbour story sounds a bit disconcerting though ...

Lots of stuff on your agenda, Dustin. Time to take a rest day?

Sorry to hear you're still not better, LMH. Did you manage to get out?

What: 7 miles, split into an easy first half (9mm) and a steady second half (8mm). Pleasingly low HR. Garmin tells me I'm peaking :D
    Why: Should have crosstrained showing to my training plan but the weather was too good to miss a run.
    Last hard: bathing the elements during the last few runs
    Last rest: 3/12
    Lyrics: a resounding yes
  • I did get out for my run and managed to include two five minute efforts off a two minute recovery which raised the HR and bought the average pace down rather.

Nice needing to slow down Hazel.

So busy Dustin!

Hope the lurgy doesn't get you again Wabo. I can't quite seem to shake mine but it does seem to be loosening its hold a little.

Glad you had a good run Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    exactly the same LMH, I have been fine today, hope it doesn't rear its ugly head again later
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Just seeing that autocorrect fooled me again 🤦‍♀️ meant to say according to my training plan and braving the elements

Nice tempo work, LMH.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: a walk then 4km run plus squats, lines, supermen and bridges
    Why: I had the opportunity 
    Last hard: my legs ache now!
    Lyrics: yes

Hope all with lurgy shake it off soon. Another good night's sleep here (10-8!) But Lucas grumpy today. Think he's also a bit lurgified.

Nice running ale
    Lmh good speed work (especially for someone who doesn't do speedwork!!!).
    Dustin you mentioned the c word! Though I suppose it's allowed in December!

Have a lovely evening