Options

P&D Spring Marathon 2020

Comments

• Options
    AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    TR: good miles for a Friday TR. Yes this week was a good one for a bit of down time
    Just been out for a recovery run and felt much better. Felt good bein out in the fresh air after 2 days not leaving the house.
    I'll take it farly easy this weekend then hit it next week although its almost taper time anyway
  • Options
    Another great photo John.

Cal , yes last weekends 10k was St Albans , a 3m jog there and 3 back.  As TR says, picking up the pace at the end of the LT looks good and not long after the 12m either.

Jools - tasty 3x2m especially with the elevation thrown.

TR - well done on the 20x 3mins, sounds like a tough session.  Backed up with a no frills 15.

AWC - Agreed, the illness was probably there before you realised it.  Hope you bounce back quickly.

Steve some decent reps and Mp/LT paces this week, ticking over nicely.

SQ - that sounds like good news and certainly better than a fracture.  As others have said a week or two of downtime won’t hurt.  I’m finding the odd turbo fun (Zwift) but it can wreak my legs next day.

Hammo - as you say move on.  It’s a huge mental and physical effort to get up to 7@LT so soon after a half.  I was told on here that you can’t run HMP for 7 miles in training and I believe it based on my own experience.

Nothing too exciting here, I strung a few 15milers together, hoping for about 100m for the week.  With a few races been moved to late summer/autumn I’ve got to think about what to do with them, starting next weekend (TP100) I know what the sensible answer is.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Good that you feel a bit better AWC

Macca - agreed, theres no way youd (or id) get anywhere near hmp for 7m in training. Not sure you'll be missing too many of those races!

After 91m in the previous 7 day inc 15m yday, todays planned 20/10% run was going to be tough, esp with a few hills and a stiff breeze. Tough it was ! 21m (10m av 8.21, 11m 7.09). 4 weeks til the b of the bang.
  • Options
    Good work, TR!

Jool, are you doing TP then? Good luck if so.

I seem to be in the habit of collecting hills like Pokemon. Today’s objective was Canonbie Road over by Forest Hill which hits 18% in places. Being the sick and twisted individual that I am, I figured I may as well hit Hell Hill again on the way over, which I duly did, and of course there was Wellfield Walk in the second mile which served as a nice aperitif for the bigger hills later on.

I got to Canonbie by going past Horniman’s Museum (a childhood favourite – it has a bit of everything in there and there's the most amazing clock) I really should pay it another visit) and along Wood Vale then started the ascent. It was pretty tough – quite similar to Fox Hill if you hug the inside bend. What I wasn’t expecting it once you get up the thing, it then drops steeply down again – presumably this was the 18% bit because it was far too steep for me to run down and I ended up walking that bit. Then I did what any self-respecting hill hunter would do which is turn around and run it in reverse (which turned out to be easier, no walking required).

I ran back up Sydenham Hill and was going to run along to Crystal Palace but then I had the genius idea that if I ran back down Hell Hill, I could then run up Rock Hill (another new one) from the bottom. The top of Hell Hill is steeper than I’m comfortable with so I was a bit gingerish going down there, but once there’s some dirt to run on at the side of the tarmac it gets easier.
    Found Rock Hill easily enough and that one was another sod. Much shorter than Hell Hill, but really steep (another 18, at least in the middle).

Ran through CP park and then decided to pop into South Norwood Lake park as I’d only visited once before. It really is a nice park. Problem is, my intended exit was padlocked so I had to retrace my steps and go back the way I’d come in.

After that, I realised I only had enough mileage left to do one of the hills in the vicinity, so I opted for Stambourne Woodland Walk as I have a Strava trophy there and I’m shallow like that. (It’s also a nice little woodland bit – I like woodland bits, which is just as well as I didn't beat my time).

I opted to return via Waddington Way where I stacked it two weeks ago (my hand still hurts) so I could put that memory to bed. I was keeping a careful eye out for cracks and bumps in the pavement but it’s actually a pretty good surface. I’m not convinced I didn’t trip over my own feet – I’m a bit of an ankle kicker.

One final ascent up Gibson’s Hill and then I pushed on for home. I was actually surprised at how much I had left in the tank at this point – I was even able to summon a bit of a sprint on the road behind my house. Average pace was 10:47 but the last three miles were 9:50, 9:49 and 9:17.

Legs don’t feel too bad – right hip got a bit tight towards the end (not painful, just tight) and Achilles was its usual unpleasant self, but I don’t feel like I’ve run a hilly 20 (elevation according to Garmin was 468m). Which is good, eh?

53 miles for the week and 217 for the month - it feels like it's coming together.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Good stuff Cal, thats a strong run. Good to finish strongly, couple more of those and you'll be ready for Dorney.

7m easy here.
  • Options
    Cal...Yea it is strange, the magic of a race bib i suppose. "Collecting hills like pokemon" made me chuckle, you've a real way with words. Excellent hilly long run, and very positive that you could finish so strongly with a bit left in the tank. As TR says keep that up and you'll go very well at Dorney.

AWC...Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well, glad your feeling a bit better now though. I agree with TR, a down week won't do you a button of harm with all the good training you've put in recently.

Steve...Nicely slipped in 8 miles over lunch. Big week.

TR...Fair play getting a 15 miler in the day before your long run, your legs will be well marathon proofed by doing back to backs like that. As proven by an excellent long run on tired legs and windy conditions, some pick up for the 2nd half of it too, good work.

Macca...On reflection that is true actually, i don't think I've ever hit true HMP in training, thanks for pointing it out, and i'll bear it in mind in the future. Big week from you. Hope the decision making goes well, just remember sometimes it's more fun not picking the sensible option :lol: not that i think you'll need much convincing about that.

I traveled up to meet up with the club on Saturday morning, as they had organised another 5k TT. My plan was just to run the scheduled 10 miles with 8x100 strides up there and watch/help out with the TT, I certainly wasn't going to race it with having done (read blown up during) a 7 mile LT session the day before. But i got asked the night before would i pace one of the Juniors (U16) round for a 16.15 5k, and i agreed thinking that i could make it up to 10 miles with a warm up and cool down, and the 5k would replace the strides, as it should be a good tempo but hopefully not flat out pace. Pacing is usually not my strong suit, but i set the watch to beep if i went above 5.10's and below 5.15's and away we went, delighted with how it turned out in the end, splits were 5.10, 5.10, 5.08 and 5.05 pace for the change, with the young man coming home in 16.09 for a massive pb. I felt good and in control throughout, which put Fridays run behind me mentally, and gave me a bit of confidence back. Its also tempted me to try and run Saturday's 10k at that pace now too, as i felt like i could have carried on at that pace for another mile or 2 anyway. So it was a good morning all round and i'm glad i agreed to help out in the end.

I woke up feeling grand which was a nice surprise after 2 big(ish) days, so decided to try to run Sundays long run, 22 miles, at a good decent pace. In the end it came out at MP+10 pace give or take, averaging 6.17 min miles for the run and again I felt good and never in danger, so Friday must have just been a blip and is well and truly behind me now. The 22 brought me to 103 miles for the week.

6 and 5 mile recovery runs is the order of today. This is the exact place i was in the plan at the start of the year when London and Belfast cancelled, so it's nice to be moving on with it into new territory so to speak. 
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Hamo - what a difference a day makes.....well done on helping the youngster, no doubt a good feeling to help someone pb. Strong 22 too, not sure i could do 10% for the whole way. Nice to make it z bit further through the plan today.

8m easy here. 347 for August which is decent for me.
  • Options
    That's a cracking long run, hamo - great total from you too, TR.

Rest day for me today, which is just as well. Are there any Garmin experts here? I'm having issues. I don't use a phone so I upload stuff via USB to my PC and it's normally fine (it's FR45, less than a year old). Did a walk this morning and that uploaded OK, then did some home-based exercises in the afternoon. Plugged it in and nothing happend. Checked Garmin Express and it was showing as not plugged in. Checked my PC's drives and the watch was there, so Express seems to be the problem. I installed the slightly newer version...still no joy...then followed the instructions on the help page which started with removing the watch from Express (digitally, I'm talking about, not physically) and then re-adding it, but Express still couldn't find it. I don't understand why it was working fine this morning and not this afternoon (Garmin Connect is still online).
    As I can read it as a drive I can still upload activities manually but not the other data like steps etc - I don't know where it stores those. Bloody nuisance.
  • Options
    Definitely nippy this morning - got the long tights out again. Felt like I could have done with a long sleeved top, too, for the first few miles, but I was OK after that.
    Did a new route today, or at least part of it. I found a footpath that lead from Tooting to Collier's Wood on the map so I went down there before running through Wandle Park, down the Wandle to Earlsfield and then back home via Wandsworth Common. As I didn't set out until just after 6 and ran 9 miles, traffic was pretty heavy on the main roads and I had to pause/stop a couple of times. It was easier when I could go out at 5 but it's dark now and I try to avoid running in the dark unless I have to (not worried about muggers or anything, just tripping over because I can't see so well).
    Legs felt surprisingly good (grumbling achilles aside) after the 20 on Sunday. I actually felt like I could go all day when I got to 7 miles but by 8 I was starting to feel a bit of fatigue so decided not to press on for double figures.
    I will aim to get a longer run in tomorrow before I head to Cambridgeshire for my godmother's funeral (she died last week).
    Still having to upload stuff manually - I have at least figured out how to get the rest of the data uploaded too. More of a faff but it'll have to do until I get an answer out of tech support.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Cal - not aware of garmin express, i use connect. If you connect your watch via a cable to your pc, can you see it being listed in devices ? Maybe worth a google? Most problems are usually common. Hope the funeral goes as wel as these things can.

13m inc 20v3min.
  • Options
    JohnOzJohnOz ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I really should try to comment more frequently as there's so much running each time I come back :disappointed:

Macca - good luck at TP100, should be a nice training run for Spartathlon!

AWC - hope it's a quick recovery, shouldn't lose any fitness

TR - huge session in a huge week and nailed the LR as a bonus. Looking really good for Goodwood.

Cal - amazing that you knock out 20 miles after the dramas of the last few weeks, just shows how strong your base is. Can't help with your Garmin but keep chasing them up, they seem pretty good with support (they even refunded a friend whose watch kept having messed up GPS)

Hamo - really impressive LR, that's not far off Kipchoge style training, I think I read that he often does up to 24 miles at 95% MP during each cycle. Nice pacing job as well, couldn't ask for any more.

Steve - ahh, yes I forgot about your wedding. Hope you still manage to have a great day and honeymoon. If anything a smaller one is more memorable and relaxing. 

Jools - great 2M reps

SQ - good news that you should be back on your feet soon. I imagine you'll still be more than ready for Dorney given the consistent miles you've put in this year.

So last week was a couple of longer sessions than the week before. The good old 6x1km came out on Tues, with them all around 3:36-3:41. Definitely a good one to let you know where you are in fitness. Then on Thurs I decided on a BAC session - 20 mins/5x3 mins/20 mins. Was going to do it outdoors but couldn't get up for it so ended up on the TM again. The benefit of this is no slacking off on the paces and it certainly got tough for the last 20 mins, probably because I set it at 6:25 pace whereas I'm probably at around 6:35 pace fitness. Another exploration on Sunday for a 21 mile LR, this time heading up for some amazing views over the beaches. Really enjoying taking a leaf out of Cal book by looking for new and interesting routes, am lucky there are so many spectacular views here and the perfect weather has helped me rediscover the enjoyment of LRs. A pic from this run:

• Options
    TR, yes, my watch is showing as a drive so I can pull the data straight off it (it's just a more long winded process). So clearly it's not an issue with the cable or port. It's a weird problem as it was working fine yesterday morning, but then not in the afternoon. I didn't do anything unusual in between.
  • Options
    AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    TR: you are certainly looking to be in great shape heading close to the taper now.
    Hamo: glad Friday was a blip - I'm sure we all knew it was!
    CJ: sorry to hear about your godmother. Annoying when the Garmin and related systems don't work! Great 20 miler on Sunday and good sign the legs feel ok after that.
    Took me a few more days to recover unfortunatley. So only felt properly able to be out running yesterday.
    6x1,000m reps at lunch today should be fun!
  • Options
    TR - Big week, great 15 miler and long run!!
    Hamo - Massive week, long run and pacing duties!
    Cal - Nice hills! Also great week/month totals.
    AWC - Hope the 1k reps went well.
    John - Great long run and reps. Superb views you have!
    Macca - Big mileage too.

15 miles on Saturday for a 50 mile week. Today was 12 miles with 6m at around MP -10s a mile (I was aiming for 6:30-40). Reps came out to 6:33/33/31/34/33/30, happy with that, felt strong during those. This is the strength phase of the Hansons plan rather than speed, so will see how these go over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Steve: strong week and those MP miles are pretty tasty. Sounds like Hansons is going well and the stength stuff is working well.
    My VO2max session went well - 6x1,000m at 3:57 / 3:52 / 3:55 / 4:01 / 3:50 / 3:54
    Lost concentration on the 4th interval, and then on the 6th interval I ended up having to do a 180 at the end of a path for a final 100m which was less than ideal! But very happy otherwise.
  • Options
    Solid score Cal: hills & an excellent closing pace. Good that you were OK for more this morning.
    Bet that easy 7 was a relief TR after averaging 14M/day. Textbook 21 Saturday.
    TP100 will be a doddle for you Macca however what impact will it have on your Spartathlon?
    That bug certainly would explain your sub-par race AWC. Decent 6x1K session.
    Very strong 6 mile LT session Steve.
    Hope you’re back running ok SQ. Not a good time to pick up an injury (is there ever?)

I’m back at work today after making the most of my last few days of freedom. Spent a couple of nights in a bunkhouse in the Brecons with mates midweek then went down to Devon for the weekend. Hungover recovery 8.x on the lanes Thursday then a repeat of last Sunday’s 20M on Friday en route to Devon. Cooler day fortunately as I took no fuel or fluids. Managed a progressive effort again. 2:37 all in. Average paces for each 5M block were 8:16/7:56/7:43/7:31 so a strong run.
    Saturday's (not)Parkrun was back in Barnstaple & I managed 19:40 on a breezy afternoon after a 5M wu with strides. 5K cooldown so 11.2 for the day. Very happy with that the day after the 20M. We then rode 20M on the tandem before a night of drinking n dancing. Sunday's effort was a steady 9M on undulating Devon lanes repeated on BH Monday (my birthday) followed by a 40M ride on the tandem.
    Just the regulation recovery 8M this evening.
  • Options
    Good work, AWC - concentration is tricky when you're on your own.
    Nice work, Steve - it'll be interesting to see how Hanson's works out for you.
    Happy Birthday, Jools - some excellent running there - glad you enjoyed yourself too.

Wanted to get an MP run done today so settled on Battersea Park as the best option as it is wide and flat, and the local road triangle I often use for tempos is getting a bit busier (there are no roads to cross but it's an industrial bit with vans and lorries sometimes coming out of drives, and one side has a school which will probably be open today).
    I did have to stop three times for traffic on the way there (I set out at 5:50 so was in the park before 6:30), but somehow got lucky on the home run even though it was later and busier.
    Once I'd got to the park (3 miles away) I started on my MP tempo. I was thinking about either doing two lots of a three miles with a recovery mile in between, or try for six straight through. As it was, I was in a pretty good rhythm after three MP miles so I stuck with it, and ended up doing 7 MP miles before heading back home.
    MP splits were 9:07 (a little slow but still sub-4 pace)/8:55/8:51/8:50/8:58/8:54/8:49. Not sure I can do that for 26 miles but I'm pretty happy with that nonetheless.
    The full run was a 2:07 half marathon which is faster than any of the HMs I ran in the first half of 2015 - amazing how we progress.
  • Options
    Cal - Strong MP miles and good progress.
    Jools - Belated birthday wishes! Great 20 miler and not parkrun time!
    AWC - Strong 1k reps there.

Easy 6 miles today.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Cal - sounds like a software issue then, google it or ask garmin. Good one on the mp run.

Awc - strong session, how do the paces compare with previous?

Jools - more travel adventures. Strong run there. Happy birthday.

Snap with Steve.

Mulling wether to do the mp run saturday (should have been 2 wks ago, when i was away) as the last one i did was 1st Aug, id usually do 23 or 24m 3 wks out instead.
  • Options
    TR...Big month, September will be different with the tapering. Lovely MLR with intervals, was it any less tough than week? I'm planning on squeezing in another MP run next weekend as part of a 21 miler, if that helps you any?

Cal...I'm lots of things (not all good :lol:), but a garmin expert is not one of them unfortunately. I'm very sorry to hear about your Godmother, thoughts are with you. Nice 8 miler, sensible not too push on when you felt fatigued, and that paid dividends in an excellent MP run today, well done. Very encouraging as well that you felt good enough to run them in a straight block, and added an extra mile on at the end.

John...Good work on the 6x1k, I agree it is a good fitness tester of a session. That BAC session looks a toughie 2 days after k reps too, well done on getting it done. Not sure i could do a session on a treadmill, must be mentally tough. Nice photo and LR.

AWC...Class intervals, consistent and quick, just what you want, well done. Those reps certainly require you to be on it concentration wise.

Steve...Lovely MP reps. How long does the strength phase last?

Jools...Happy Birthday. Good work on enjoying your last days of freedom. That is a cracker progressive long run, followed up by a speedy parkrun as always. Must have been tough the day after that progressive long run.

Vo2 session for me on Tuesday morning, 10 miles with 5x800 reps off 90 secs recovery. Reps came out as 2.29, 2.29, 2.26, 2.30 and 2.27, so perfect for what i aimed for. 

This morning was a 15 mile MLR in the soaking rain, and wind, but for the first time in the last lock of weeks i felt really good during it, legs tired, but i felt like i was moving well, so happy with the last 2 days training.

Onto a mini taper now for Saturdays 10k.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hamo - top work on the reps amd mlr. How do those reps compare with previous...........i should have followed my own advice to you (and awc) and see how my reps compared.......last week i did the first 10 reps av 6.47(av pace for the 10reps inc 30sec jog rest), but the 2nd 10 av 6.59 as i tailed off into the wind. This time i did 6.47 and 6.48 (not as windy in 2nd 10, but still more wind sgainst than 1st 10), so a stronger aession i guess, its 10m at a bit quicker than mp at a guess........i think I'll go with the mp run saturday too then, otherwise it'll be about 7 weeks from the previous mp run to race day.
  • Options
    AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Jools: Happy belated birthday. Really strong 20 miler followed by a fast parkrun. You certainly packed a lot in on Saturday as well with cycling and drinking!
    Cal: Battersea is a great place for that type of run altho I've nearly come a cropper myself with unexpected vehicles. Those are really consistent sub-4 reps so you look to be in good shape. Glad the injuries have subsided by the looks of it. And yes its amazing the progress you can see over a few years.
    TR: pace was similar to when I ran my parkrun low 19's PB - think it was around 19:10 but I've not run a 5km in 2.5 years. Was thinking of heading to the track for the last P&D tune-up and having a 5km blow out. My MP was supposed to be last Sunday so like Hamo I'm going to do 20 w/14@MP this Sunday.
    Hamo: great 800m reps and a 15 miler. Is the 10km another ChampionChip race? Gonna take your lead and do the MP I missed this Sunday.
    14 miles this morning - legs felt tired after the lurgy and then 10mi Monday and 1km reps yesterday.
    Was feeling ravenous as well which always tells me my body is struggling to recover so thankfully just easy recovery tomorrow and then 12mi on Friday should feel easy enough. I certainly won't be pushing it with a big MP run coming on Sunday
  • Options
    Really strong run that Cal.
    Cracking 20x3mins TR, btw did you see the Wightlink Ferry promo code for IoW marathon entrants? Gives you 50% off :)
    Good to see it was just a blip Hamo. Not much of a taper for the 10K then Hamo. Good luck with it. Had confirmation my Cheshire 10K is going ahead on the 27th - waved start so I had to submit an amended predicted time. Good job I did as I was down for 85 minutes :D It's because my entry was in lieu of the flooded Wrexham HM from February so they'd kept the same estimated time.
    Classic canal 5M in the drizzle at lunchtime today.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Jools - yes noted, still plenty of IoW entries available too. I'll chase up the Goodwood folks at the end of next week, but I'd have thought Goodwood has a good chance of being on. IoW probably has a higher chance of someone objecting. Both races could be wind affected, Goodwood could end up long if there's too much weaving required with all races on the track at the same time.
  • Options
    TR - Great pace on those reps.
    Hamo - Nice reps and MLR. The 18 week plan has 7 weeks of strength, on my altered version, I'm doing 5 weeks, peaking at 2*3m.
    Jools - Nice 5 miler.
    AWC - Nice running.

Early morning headtorch run for 14 miles with 4 at MP. Miles came out to 6:55/52/56/50, so closer pacing to what I would expect for MP work rather than the 6:40's I've been hitting.
  • Options
    Steve - solid pacing for the MP miles.

TR - that was a quality LR with 10% last 11 at the weekend.  Agreed, my busy autumn schedule is starting to look a little clearer already, more of that later.

Jools - likewise, an impressive LR a few days back.  You could have done 2 10ks in that time.(belated happy birthday).

AWC - good to read you are over the lurgy, all the best for the MP run and the others doing it.

John - Another great photo, long run and some speedwork to boot.

Hamo - I like that life advice “sometimes it’s more fun not picking the sensible option” - could lead to a load of trouble though🤣Great to see you lay down some sessions you are happier with, good luck with the 10k.

Cal sorry I can’t help with garmin.  I think they had some down time issues over the weekend and mine has been a bit temperamental this week.That was a strong MP run, you’ll be surprised how many more you can string together with a number pinned on and a bit of race day magic.

I’d been wrestling with how to approach this weekends TP100 with Spartathlon 3 weeks hence.  News came out last night that Spartathlon is cancelled so that answers my question, 100% all in.  Whilst disappointed, a worry has been lifted, the travelling was a concern and risk of either taking c19 over there or bringing it back was weighing heavy.  I’m awaiting confirmation but I’m hoping my place will get rolled over to next year.

Anyway, no 149 for dot watching purposes.
  • Options
    TR...Yea certainly looks a stronger session from you than the last, bound to boost the confidence a bit. 10 miles all in at quicker than MP is some shifting too. I would need to check for specific paces, but the reps would have been slightly faster i'd guess, but the most pleasing part was that they felt good, the best I've felt for reps in this block so far.

AWC...Yea another ChampionChip Ireland one, at Down Royal again too funnily enough. Nice MLR, and good that you can read your bodies signals re recovery. 

Jools...Good thing you could change that predicted time :lol: Glad its going ahead for you too, are you looking forward to a proper race again? Be interested to hear your thoughts on the HM course if you have done it before, as the loop for the Wrexham Marathon is run on it as far as i know?

Steve...Nice MP work, has to have been hard getting up to that pace in the dark again having been spoiled by the light mornings all summer?

Macca...Sorry to hear that Spartathlon was cancelled, hopefully you'll get rolled to next year, where you can enjoy the full experience of it with no worries. Best of luck with the 100 miler, nuts but good luck :lol: 

8 recovery miles with 8x100 strides to finish this morning.
  • Options
    Hamo: Wrexham HM is a good course. There are some gradual gradients but it is a fast course: I ran 1:28 as a MP training run just a week after my 1:24 PB at Wokey 2018. I also ran a windy 1:27 there in 2019 the week before a 1:25 at Wokey. Here's 2019's race https://www.strava.com/activities/2156383166 so you can see the elevation.

Cal: you might be interested in this virtual HM I've just entered - it's free :)
    https://data.opentrack.run/en-gb/x/2020/GBR/swenhm/

Macca: dilemma resolved then. Enjoy TP100. You should go really well given past performances & recent form.

TR: With less than 200 (mostly local) entrants I reckon IoW has a very good chance of going ahead. Certainly hope it does as my ferry can't be changed!

They sound like proper MP miles Steve, ie sustainable

I'm always ravenous AWC :D
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Macca - shame re spartathlon, but it would have been gutting if travel issues prevented you doing it, at least you should now get a proper go at it. Nicely timed announcement with TP100 this weekend.

Hamo - sounds good then, sounds like strong reps.

Jools - they udually let you defer a car ferry. Agreed re the race plan, only a local outbreak could scupper it.

Mixed event news, Worthing 10k which was June, then Aug and now Oct 4th is going ahead with wave starts, but oct 4th is no good for me........chichester 10k which is a big race (and is half on the motor cct) in Feb has already cancelled for 2021. Doesnt bode well for bigger spring races.

12m tonight.
  • Options
    Macca - shame it's been cancelled but sounds like it wouldn't have been an enjoyable experience anyway with all the worry. And it frees you up to have a good crack at TP100, should be in PB shape I imagine?

AWC - good to jump straight back into a VO2 max session, those reps are looking good.

Jools - nice big session and weekend. Such a good feeling when the long reps keep getting faster.

Steve - impressive consistency in your reps, if you can hold that pace so easily, maybe your MP has already come down a little? I wouldn't worry too much about the headtorch run, it's harder to judge pace and everything seems faster than it really is.

Cal - sorry about your godmother. Great news that your fitness is coming on though, I guess when you have a strong base you can pick it up pretty quickly.

TR - I think 14@MP is great prep 3 weeks before your race. Last hard hit out and then into the taper. I ran my HM PB last year 3 weeks out. Spring racing is certainly looking doubtful now, with Tokyo considering elite only again and Boston postponing opening entries for now.

Hamo - more good reps, seems like you don't have much problem hitting your paces. Good luck in your 10k.

Still no big races on the horizon but as local clubs are doing their own thing I've finally decided to join one just so I can race again. Small 10k tomorrow, groups of 2-3 starting but looking forward to just getting into race gear again. Will be a good tester to see where I am with my training. Even getting a haircut today!