Options

Thursday 12th December 2019 - Things like this

Morning.

Lyrics - Things like this
             Can always take a little time

Hope you feel better today Wabo. I had a better night but my throat is really sore again this morning.

Wonder where chamolk is? Hopefully just busy.

Cold and wet here today just for a change but according to the forecast the best day of the rest of the week so if I want to do a LSR it needs to be this morning. I can't say I'm very enthusiastic at the thought and I'm worried that it might be a bit slippery but I'll find that out on my walk.

What:          hopefully a LSR
Why:           I'm asking myself the same
Last hard:   getting out of the door/over this lurgy
Last rest:    8/12
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Your lurgy is taking a long time to clear LMH.  Take care if it is slippery.

Was thinking similar of chamolk yesterday.

Fire looks nice OH.  Disadvantage of them I find is cleaning up afterwards.

Good sleeping WP.  Shame your run didn't stay dry for the whole duration.

Shame you didn't get to see the moon Ale.  Nice mixed surface run yesterday.

No point in racing if you are feeling so under the weather Wabo.  Get well soon.

Good TM session Chicksta.

We should ask for sponsership from OMM the number of times we have mentioned them..

What: 7 miles with 22 mins @ LT
    Why: Bought forward as very wet and windy tomorrow and I hate speedwork when it is windy.  Should just be breezy today
    Next hard: that should be
    Last rest: 09.12.

Lyrics: familiar.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Dancing in the Moonlight; best known version is by Top loader.

What: short run, longer stretch and strengthening

Why: Thursday

I was also wondering where Chamolk is.

And I, also, have been kept awake by a sore throat; must make sure it comes to nothing.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all 
    another one wonderingh where chamolk had gone to...
    OH - belated birthday wishes!
    Wabo, LmH - hope you're both feeling a bit better today

What - easy run & kids coaching
    Why - Thursday routine
    last rest - October
    last hard - Tuesday. Club set in torrential rain and howling winds. On grass (well mud/water). 
    3x900s 300 recoveries, then 6x300, 300 jog back recoveries.
    Brutal, but loved it!

Managed to get my medical certificate for next year signed off (for free) having seen my GP. 
    I had the second appointmnent of the session but still had to wait nearly 40 minutes to go in....
  • Options
    Glad you got your med cert sorted Dustin - and for free is a bonus.

Makes sense to move things around to get the best conditions when you can. This lurgy does seem to be lingering at a low level.

I should have known yesterday's lyrics Alehouse. Hope you can sort your sore throat.

It is slippery out and wet with temperatures not forecast to feel above freezing until midday but I'm sure I've run in much worse - so why am I finding it so hard to get myself out of the door these days?
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Meant to post yesterday but I was going out and ran out of time. Lovely night out with the yoga mums I met whilst pregnant.

What: walked into town. Am soaking!
    Why: bounce age rhyme at library
    Last hard: pushing the pushchair with a heater under it yesterday to take the heater back to a friend. It was heavy!
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh still coughing?
    I've found a nice ginger cake I think I'll make for Christmas if time.
    Yes where is chamolk
    Wabo get well soon.
    Dustin glad you got your certificate and good session yesterday

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    Intermittently but yes emzap, mostly evenings/overnight/when walking/at the end of a run. Ginger cake is nice. I'm planning to make some ginger and cranberry tiffin soon.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    LMH Im scared to say but maybe I am picking up a bit... Hope you are too
    emzap, I think a soaking is hard to avoid today!!
    dustin glad your certificate is sorted,it is always the way with docs! Have a good easy thurs
    alehouse hope it doesnt come to anything, good running and stretching!
    hazel good solid running!!

WHat: a little something later 
    why: keeping ticking over/not getting more ill
    last hard: last night 1 mile and then walked!!
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Pleased to hear it Wabo. Have you baked that cake? I'm generally ok just under par. Not sleeping well and my jab being tomorrow aren't helping. Mind you neither is the weather or time of year!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH i have no time at all until next Weds night.  The whole weekend is taken up and tomorrow night.  Tonight  I have to do some christmas cards and stuff!! Still need to run as well.  Think next weds no good. My lurgy is now going sinusy just like before...
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Healing vibes to the lurgified - especially ale - please don't get another chest infection!

So far I've been dodging rather successfully. Good thing is I'm not on public transport. 

Good news you  managed to get hold of that med cert, Dustin

Did you manage your planned LSR, LMH? I failed miserably ... similar situation here with a rubbish weather forecast through next week and today was relatively still and relatively dry but work stress kept me from sleeping and I simply didn't have enough energy to get up at 4am and get the miles in. 

Ginger cake sounds yum, emz.

Hope your LT run goes well, Hazel

Also shouting out to chamolk - where are you?

What: 5 recovery miles mega slow
    Why: exhausted
    Last hard: sleep and work
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Lyrics: no but should have known yesterday's
  • Options
    I thought you said that Thursday was the best day Wabo - you're always so busy!

I did chicksta though it was painfully slow :-(
  • Options
    Hi again everyone

Take 2 at trying to get back in to things. First run today in about 8 days. Was only in part due to getting over that cold, but also been pretty busy (school plays and trips to various Christmas things etc end up taking a lot more time that I'd anticipated), and I think my motivation had just dipped a bit after not running for a while - especially on cold, dark evenings.

Did a moderate 5k today, pretty soaking, but good to be out again. This Sunday will be 16 weeks to Paris, so I'll need to make sure the training stays regular now. 

Hope everyone is well. Haven't been lurking since I last posted, so no idea what's been going on.
  • Options
    Evening!

Good to hear from you, Chamolk! Consistent consistency is everything! And preferably progressive consistent consistency!

Fitness suite session completed, although a little more gentle than usual. Feeling slightly under the weather but trying to stay on the right side of that fine line! Started my bisphosphonate meds for osteoporosis on Sunday; not felt great since, which of course could be coincidental.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.