Have a good Friday the 13th..

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chamolk - good to see you back!
    What - easy lunchtime miles
    Why - recovery day
    last rest - October
    last hard - yesterday: got to the track in good time, so did a 4k progressive after a 1k warm up.
    Just over 5k in all, plus another 2 easy miles after coaching the kids and waiting for #1 daughter to finish her session. 
    Have a great day
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run

Why: trying not to be under the weather, which in this weather isn't easy
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Who Let In The Rain by Cyndi Lauper.

Very seasonal Hazel - hope it doesn't interfere with your training though.

You are putting in some very good training Dustin.

Hope you can stay on top of the lurgy Alehouse.

Good to have you back chamolk.

It's wet again here just for a change, on the breezy side too and cold of course. Joy. My right knee is rather niggly - no idea what's set that off - and I'm tired (not helped by my jab being due today) so it will be an easy day for me.

What:           short and probably even slower
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    maintaining any hope or enthusiasm
    Last rest:     8/12

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Back after some breakfast and work (always getting in the way..)

Good to see you back chamolk. 

Careful with that knee LMH.

Ditto to Ale with the throat.

Hmm ginger cake emzap.. Good you had a nice evening out.

Any better today Wabo?

Good news on the certificate Dustin.  You should try welllies for your next intervals in those conditions.

Sounds like you could do with lots of sleep this weekend Chicksta.

It is now pouring with rain so that nice snow is going to turn into horrible slush by the time I go out (or hopefully it will be washed away by then).

I maybe picked the wrong line of lyrics for today's song - that is the first line.  Another nice running related one in the middle:

"Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed...."...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH Thursday should have been the best day but tbh I just felt so poorly I forgot and did cards instead.  I wouldn't have felt like it last night no way.  My mood is so much better but I still am not really 100%. 
    Hazel hope it isnt too slushy!
    LMH take care hope we both feel better soon
    dustin enjoy the easy
    alehouse I so hope you stay on top of this
    To top it all off, I was bent slightly at the self serve till and coughed unexpectedly, back twinge!! Walking very carefully now. 

What: 1.75 miles done before back this morning!!
    why: streak
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12/16

busy weekend, I have decided to just go with it, have a couple of drinks and hope to feel better at the end of it all.  SUnday highlight, Cleo dancing at Her Majestys theatre and My mum is coming!!!
    Have great weekends all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 12 laps of the track 
    Support for Erica Clarkson attempting to break the world record for most consecutive days running an ultramarathon distance. Record stands at 8 - she is going for 12, currently Day 2.
    Last hard: waking up this morning
    Last rest: Sunday

Beautiful moonlit swim yesterday evening.
  • Sunday sounds as though it will be a lovely day Wabo. Look after your back - maybe a hot water bottle? I'm hoping that I will feel better once my jab kicks in as I could fall out with myself at the minute.

I hadn't heard about that OH - is she running them all on the track? What is classed as an ultramarathon distance for the record?

My knee felt better after my walk and a good quad stretch and my run wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I have put the marzipan on the cake. Probably shouldn't have attempted it today as I'm definitely not at my best when my jab is due. I'm sure it's more patchwork than usual. Hey, ho, my usual 'snow scene' icing will cover it I'm sure and hopefully it will taste nice. It's not as though I'm entering it in a competition - I just feel that i should be able to do it better.
  • + one for the snow scene, LMH. Hope the jab makes a difference!

And hope the back comes to nothing, Wabo...and enjoy Cleo, mum and Her Majesty.

Short run: set off in the dry, but not for long. Can foresee the river breaking its banks again. Barely stopped since Tuesday.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We have a fair amount of flooding again Alehouse. Fortunately today hasn't been as wet as was initially forecast.
  • Quick pop-in from our work xmas party after another killer day ...

Good to see chamolk back. Your ears must have been ringing ;)

Will catch up properly tomorrow :)