Options

Monday 16th December 2019 - It was Christmas Eve babe

Morning.

Lyrics - It was Christmas Eve babe

How is Erica doing OH?

You are doing a lot of travelling RFJ - I find that very tiring.

What:            short and easy/hopefully dentist (not something I usually say!)
Why:             time limited/think I have an abscess
Last hard:     sleeping
Last rest:      8/12

Yesterday's lyrics - Christmas Is Going To The Dogs - Eels.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Hope dentist can sort things, LMH!

What: run with M74. Hopefully an hour.

Why: Monday. Will see how far we do as he had a long xc race on Saturday.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    off grid most of the weekend so slowly catching up...
    OH - sounds an interesting challenge , will read up more later
    LMH - you've not had teh best of years, hopefully the teeth and family situation become more managaeable
    WP - ho ho ho
    Ale (et al.) - Wasn't aware of the Sydney situation, looks troubling

What - easy lunchtime, blood donating tonight
    Why - recovery, doing my bit
    Last rest - October
    Last hard - trails yesterday
    Double trail weekend, Saturday was an hour easy (couldn't face doing hill reps). I say easy, fields were either under water or like a swamp. Yesterday did 13 or so, more of the same. Great for leg strength I guess...
    Out with some pals on Friday, I think Bob Graham Round in 2021 was mentioned. I hope the beer didn't volunteer me for anything....

• Options
    I hope I can get an appointment Alehouse but he's usually quite good in an emergency. Will you make your run up to the hour even if your friend wants to do less or save the long one for another day?

Thanks for giving blood Dustin - I always feel guilty that I can't. Sounds as though there may be more xc/hill training in your future............?
  • Options
    Morning

How long does the blood donation impact upon your running Dustin?  Never done it myself as I am not allowed to (people who lived in the UK for more than 6 months during the main BSE crisis are banned here and in other countries also).   Will be interesting to see what trouble the beer has got you into. ;-)

LMH well done on taking some steps to reduce your MIL time.  Hope you can get that appointment quickly.

Chicksta - ah you got the wind I sent up north then?  Good 15 miler in particular if the wind was tough.

Fingers crossed for the scan emzap.  Amazed that Lucas is 3 months already.

8 miles on the track seems a long way OH.

Looking forward to the 500 RFJ.

Have a nice run with M74 Ale.

What: rest day
    Why: Monday
    Last hard:  strangely enough keeping both the distance and speed down to sensible levels on yesterday's long run.  One of those (fairly rare) ones when things came together and I wasn't kilometre watching over the last few.
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning again!

Bob Graham is tough, Dustin! And that was just being part of the support crew!

What: gentle 48 mins with M74, and then I made it up to an hour

Why: wanted an hour/good to run with others.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: walk with sling
    Why: calming down Lucas
    Last hard: see why
    Lyrics: no

I have a very snotty baby so anything that means he lies down means he cries poor little thing.

Lmh hope dentist can sort you quickly.
    Dustin mad!!
    Ale good run

Have a lovely day
  • Options
    Erica: 4x 50k completed although a little slower yesterday. Day 5 today ...
    Maybe join her for a few more miles tomorrow ...

Work then Monday evening 5k loop
    Last hard: legs are feeling yesterday's 8 miles on track although time passed quickly in company.
    1920m/3000m done for December component of Polar Bear Challenge.

Babies are obligate nose breathers so if their nose is totally blocked they literally can't breathe.
  • Options
    Well done, LMH. That was brave. I do hope that Mark is in your side and supports your decision. Seems like your MiL chooses the path of least resistance. About time the others did their share.
    Fingers crossed the dentist can fit you in and sort you out.

Holy shit, Dustin. I listened to the Nicky Spinks interview on Marathontalk and her Bob Graham adventure sounded epic. She did the double and broke the record as well. Totally amazing athlete. She's a farmer in real life. No idea how she manages full time work and being one of the best ultra athletes at the same time. Inspirational.

Ale: progressing nicely

Poor Lucas.

Sounds like a satisfactory run, Hazel.

What: 7.5 miles
    Why: legs feet good but I needed to be back in time for an Amazon delivery. Would have loved to do 10 otherwise
    Last hard: work will be - just damn glad I have Mondays off
    Last rest: 10/12
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    Nice to have a run like that Hazel.

Glad you got your hour in Alehouse.

Sorry to hear that Lucas is poorly emzap, hope he gets over it quickly.

I expect your company is much appreciated OH.

A shame about the delivery chicksta but hopefully it will mean that you are bouncy again tomorrow.

dentist at 1430hrs.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I know oh, that's why I feel so sorry for him. He does seem a bit better now so fingers crossed for tonight...
  • Options
    Update on Erica: Day 5 (5th 50k) completed