27 December 2019 - Stop your messing around (ah-ah-ah)

Stop your messing around (ah-ah-ah)

Morning.

What: trip to family in Kent 
Why: grandma hasn't met Lucas yet
Last hard: I'm not sure how easy a long drive and nights away with a 3 month old are going to be....

Forgot to say lyrics on 23rd were let it snow by many people!

Lmh hope the UTI clears up quickly.
Wabo you've nearly made 3 years!

Have a great day all.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Enjoy your trip, Emz! Hope the little man is supporting England! And will there be a parkrun tomorrow?

What: a run

Why: length will be determined when I get going
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Emzap yes I have!! Funny enough I'm driving to Kent later, see my mum. Have a good trip and hope l Lucas has fun and loss of granma cuddles
    Lyrics not at the moment
    Alehouse have a good run
    What 4-5
    Why I do have time today
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
     Though this year isn't going to be 1200 it will be second longest miles ever. Only set out for 1000 tho and that's smashed
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - I Really Hope - The Cranberries.

Hope the rip goes well emzap and that being with grandma gives you lots of free time.

Looks like a better day weather wise for running here Alehouse - hope you get the same.

Sounds as though you've been enjoying and making the most of the family time OH.

How did the salted caramel Baileys go down Wabo?

My physio is back to work today and going to give me a call if she has any cancellations. I shall time my walk this morning to be queuing at the surgery before the phone lines open and hoping for an appointment with a nurse practitioner at some point today. I really hope that next year is better than this one has been.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Morning again.

It's my grandma we are visiting (as well as my aunts and cousins and their children). Though g'ma is very very spritly, she is 88 so wouldn't be too much help.  Hopefully get a break just from Lucas getting cuddles from everyone though. 

Where is your mum wabo?

Of course Lucas supports the England cricket team, the south Africans can't catch :tongue:
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Chamolk - sounded hectic over the festive period...
    Emz - safe trip, we did the Kent rounds last weekend!
    LmH - Yikes, hope you get to see someone today, as for running, just think of it as a temporary (and it will be temporary) lull...
    Wabo -nice mileage
    OH - more great shots!
    Ale - Great kitchen skills and wish we had cricket weather...

What - back to work, about 3 people in (out of 20+) but should be able to get out for an hour easy at lunchtime
    Why - recovery - threshold set yesterday with some club pals: 3 mile w/u, 14 mins threshold, 4 easy, 12 mins threshold, 3 mile c/d - about 10 miles in total. Think I managed to dip below 7mm for the harder bits which for weeek 1, and in torrential rain I will take. Hammered down throughout - I can't recall having to wring out gloves before now. Shoes still wet (and they've been on the radiator) this morning. 
    Last Rest - Saturday
    Last Hard - yesterday

• Ah - I though you meant Lucas's grandma emzap.

Welcome to our weather Dustin!

Managed to get an appointment with the GP with an interest in musculoskeletal issues this morning and it's not good news on the knee front - he thinks it's my degenerative knee condition (he first referred me to the orthopod with it about four years ago) and could take weeks to settle. He did say that if there wasn't any improvement in a week or so he would stick a steroid in to see if that helped. In the meantime I'm to continue walking as much as I can and possibly swimming (yuck) to keep the quad as strong as I can as he thinks it will waste quite quickly 'because of my build' (not sure what he meant by that).
  • Morning again!

Not the news we wanted to hear, LMH; my intuition suggests working on the glutes, hamstrings and if possible the quads, as far as the knee will allow. 

Have delayed my run until this pm, only because of hunger and cricket! Supposed to be a dry day here: has been a very fine drizzle all morning.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Blowing a hoolie and chucking it down (despite the nice red sky last night).
    Certainly not cricket (nor even outdoor swimming) weather today.

1k + stretches at pool as mud obstacle run tomorrow and not very nice outside.

Last rest Christmas Day

Lyrics no

Most knee problems can be improved by strength ending the quads.

• Afternoon!

Does seem hard to have to work already Dustin and Chicksta.

Hope Lucas travelled well emzap. Must have been lovely for your gran to meet him.

Great mileage Wabo and the streak anniversary is coming up fast.

Nice threshold workout Dustin.  It's when you have to wring out your pants that it was a really grand soaking.

That doesn't sound good with the knee LMH.  I would also recommend working the muscles against loss.

Fine drizzle doesn't sound nice Ale. Hope you can get out in better conditions.

What: recovery run a bit later once cake and biscuits suitably digested
    Why: exercice after too much sitting down and now home again
    Last hard: patience with MIL
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • That's rubbish news, LMH. A bit surprised it got so bad with not much warning... would have thought that a degenerative issue gradually worsens so you're kind of prepared for the bad news. Crossing everything I have that it settles 🙏🤞

Hope the trip goes smoothly, em.

Nice session, Dustin.

Lovely pics, OH.

Our office was very quiet too. Attended the kick-off meeting, ate some leftover lebkuchen and now at the hairdressers.

What: tough hill session - pyramid of 2,4,6,4,2 min uphill as fast as possible,  equal length recoveries. 8 miles in total followed by 30 mins of S&C in an empty gym
    Why: building strenghth
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 20/12
    Lyrics: no
  • All of those are in my regular program Alehouse and I have been told that I have very good quad strength, it's not a case of needing more but of preserving what I have whilst I can't run.

chicksta - the degenerative condition is that the back of my kneecaps are rough and flaky and randomly pieces of break off which sometimes get caught and cause inflammation and mean that it doesn't track correctly. It can happen at any time and there's no warning. I was told about four years ago that at some point I will need both knees replacing. It isn't caused or worsened by running and the advice was to do as much as I could/wanted whilst I could. last time it went was during a run which resulted in my broken elbow (I think that was 2017) and the time before that was four years ago when it was much worse than it is currently (blew up like a football and stayed like it for weeks). That sounds like a good day at work.

Hope you enjoyed the run Hazel and that it provided a bit of stress relief.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap my mum is in Ramsgate and she's 88 too. So she has granddaughter and great grand daughters here as well
    Salted caramel Bailey's is yummy!! 
    Goodness me lmh you are pretty amazing with all you do,  I do remember the elbow. 
    Chick nice tough session
    Hazel thanks, well done on the session. Once again I feel I've had lots of calories
    Alehouse hope the afternoon run went well
    Dustin hope you got that hour in
    What 4.5 miles in the end in a Nice piece
    Why did fartleks
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a nice evening 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can