Options

2020 in 2020

1235»

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Nice one, Wabo! Excellent! 2222 sounds a target!

110 km behind you, so 1910 completed, which reminds me of the band 1910 Fruitgum Company, notably their hit "Simon Says" in 1968.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh I don't know about that new target alehouse lol! 
    What a tune that was, I used to dance in the school playground to that!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Well done Wabo.

I don't think I'm going to make the challenge.  I'm cautiously optimistic that I'm on the comeback trail and I am aware I'm close to completing this, but I also I know I need about 40 miles a week to make it which I don't think will happen safely.  I was doing that mileage easily in the summer, but I'm coming back from injury and just planning some short runs at the moment.  There's a chance I may only be about 50-100 miles short, but I can't see it happening.  I'll be in again for next year though :)  
  • Options
    1955 k completed, so 65 to go.

1955: my little brother was born and has now just turned 65. Makes me sound old.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    thanks big g, there is always next year and it is not worth hurting yourself

Well done Alehouse
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    1984 km completed, so 36 km to go. Should finish in the middle of next week.

George Orwell wrote  "Nineteen Eighty-Four", 35 years earlier, in 1949. 
  • Options
    Finished about an hour ago.
    Roll on 2021 in more ways than one!
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Well done, Alehouse. Job done!
  • Options
    Thanks! And how are you going MrM?
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    I've missed the marathons this year but I've kept to quite a high mileage anyway. Averaged 44 miles per week so far, and passed 2020' in mid-November. Thankfully I've been almost injury-free, and haven't missed too many days. About ten days ago I read something about the 4-4-48 challenge (David Goggins) and I got curious. Then, on Monday this week I decided to give it a try. Happy to have completed the challenge this morning. 
    Enjoy the rest of the year, and let's hope that 2021 is less challenging!
  • Options
    That 4-4-48 is a tough challenge! Particularly sleep-wise!
  • Options
    I must admit I'd forgotten about this thread but this morning I went out and ran a solitary mile to bring me to 2020 for the year. (It's actually likely higher than that as I always round down my fractions).
    In a rather satifying twist, that also brought me to 202 miles for the month.

It's not been easy - I've had some downtime with injuries (still struggling with my left hamstring) but I managed to get it done. Not sure I'll be up for 2021 in 2021 as it's taken a bit of a toll on the old bod, but we'll see.
  • Options
    Well done, Cal! 2021 thread winging your way shortly! Hope to see you pop in there!
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Wonder how many will be reporting in today. After my morning run I've finished the year with 2300 miles.
    Next year will have many challenges for me, quite apart from running, so not signing-up yet.....
    Hope you all have a happy new year!
  • Options
    1600 miles or 2574 kilometres, less due to lockdown.

In 1600
    Scotland adopts Jan 1 as New Year’s Day instead of March 25 
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    I didn’t make it, ending the year on 1988 miles. 

The first Red Nose Day was held in 1988 with the slogan “The Plain Red Nose", and raised £15 million. 

Happy New Year everyone. I’m in for next year.