MrM2 congrats on the 500!
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well done MrM2 - beat me to the monkey!
  • Options
    7.09 miles in circles out the front of my villa

YTD 489.18 miles

• Options
    Had taken today and tomorrow as leave as it's my wife's birthday - but with lockdown means I save money this year!! No restaurants to go to, no malls open to buy pressies!! Boys are in their rooms with schooling so time to re-watch the Life of Brian with a glass of Moet.

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Can you at least order her a takeaway, Dubai?

8 miles today as I would have been doing an 8 mile race. Didn't race this though - as I'm not 100% yet I took it pretty easy. Glad I don't have to run in circles (at least not yet).

And finally over the 500.
    YTD: 507
  • Options
    Congrats on the 500 Cal. 

Yes a takeaway it will be before curfew comes in. Curfew been extended by a week. 
  • Options
    Cal, well done on the 500, really impressive distance in 3 months - 2000 for the year!

Dubai, happy birthday to your wife, my sons best mate had his 9th birthday yesterday, l think they spent about 4 hours playing on the xbox linked together  :):smile:

I got out for my 2 lap circuit, plus the out and back, each lap is 4.5km and the out and back a further 2.2km, so 11.2km or 7 miles in old money, having a look at the time, l note it was 1 hour dead.

28.03.20 - 7

YTD = 146.1
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Well done to the 500 mile club...impressive this early in the year.
    Great to see everyone working out random ways to keep adding the miles.
    I did my up and down the hill outside the house run again today but for 6 miles this time...might mix it up a bit and go the other way round too keep it interesting. 
    299 miles YTD...I know rookey error.
  • Options
    First of all, congratulations to all the 500 milers under these strange new conditions we live in.
    Given today was meant to be our club's Fauja Singh Birthday challenge, I was tempted to be totally silly and beat those running marathons in their gardens and homes by trying it in the shower (with it on) - but I don't have one of those gadgets that track the distance.  I then just did 2 sessions on the treadmill totaling 16.23 miles which after adding the 8.07 daily miles for the previous three days makes my 
    YTD = 664.71 miles
    Shall I try to get to 700 in the next two days?  just wondering.
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Cal: good to see your name again, I was getting worried about your absense.

Dubai: admirable fortitude with the shuttle runs, however I find that bizarrely appealing.

TT: thanks for the info about the North lincolnshire half, if that goes ahead I plan to run it. Walkington 10k is a possible, I've enjoyed it previously. It's roughly a 50 minute drive away but a much missed ex-work colleague lives in the village so it's a good chance to drop in on him. Also Friday is a good night for me. 

I run 10k on Friday evening, local streets and pretty flat, tried to treat it as a race, slightly disappointing 50 mins and 5 secs. However happy with my estimate of local distances, broke 10k when 0.1 mile from home.

Out again Saturday morning, run though the park which is part of my local parkrun, although this makes me disproportionately sad, steady 5 miles but pace only slightly slower than the previous evening when in theory I was 'all in'!! 

Ytd: 306 + 6.3 + 5 = 317.3
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Good to see everyone's resourcefulness!
    Cal... Congrats on passing 500'; hope your health continues to pick up.
    Hobie... Well done on the 299'!
    Harmander... You deserve a medal just for sticking with the TM.!!
    Donnie... Don't think I'll be seeing '10k in 50' again....not unless I leave my device running like my wife did; recorded on Strava as an 'Afternoon walk: London to Palermo'!!!

Thanks for the congrats....Making the most of the opportunities that we still have.
    Had the strange urge to run a brisk Half mar. distance this morning. That always moves up to 14'. Then it was only a further 2' to notch-up another of my 25km runs (fund-matching my daughter's 25 x 25km) So, that was number 12/25 this year. Wondered how close I would get to my mara.pace. Happy with an o'all pace of 9:24/mile. (Half mar. in 2:03.) Would like to have been a few seconds faster. Happy.
    YTD: 520' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Well done on the 500 MrMr2, terrific in any year, this year even more so. Know what you mean about the bike but I can only run every other day and the only race I have still on is the York Tri in early August. DR you have amazing resilience, and hats off to Harmander for sticking with that TM. 

8.76 miles this morning

YTD: 295.51
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    MrM2 - that's a classic! :D
    Harmander, that sounds like a recipe for an accident! I'm actually unsure how people do measure distances when they do these balcony or backyard marathons - my Garmin struggles with accuracy on a 400m track, let alone anything smaller.
    Donnie, I'm missing parkrun too. I did wear my cow cowl to the shops last week, though, since I don't have a face mask.
    David, nice work there.
    Hobie -  yep, did the same thing then had to wait a week to ton up as I wasn't feeling well.

Speaking of which, I felt rubbish again yesterday...Monday is almost always a rest day anyway but I couldn't summon the energy to do my strength work (OK, I did some lazy glute bridges, but that's a lying down exercise).
    I wasn't sure how I'd feel today but turns out I felt heaps better, so I got 8 miles done at a steady pace (slower than MP but faster than easy). Enjoyed the run and felt good.

YTD: 515
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Did a steady 5.5 yesterday tea time taking me up to 322.8. 

My March total is 118 which I suspect is a record! If I keep healthy, this will almost certainly be my best yearly total by some distance, like those dodgy east German world records of the 1980s its one that could remain for some time!
  • Options
    DubairunnerDubairunner ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Afternoon all, Cal a guy here did a marathon on his 19 meter balcony. I guess you can measure it easily with a measuring tape. 
    Wife warned me yesterday that some on the mums from our community were taking pictures of people out walking and sending them to the police as you can be fined for leaving the house. However I did a shorter run on the 160m path yesterday and did 73 back and forwards this morning to beat my record of 72 times. Kept looking at the balcony from my bedroom and wondering how many meters it is incase I have to resort to running on it.
    At work today, very quiet as cargo flights only. And then have to apply for my exemption to drive home tonight after curfew starts from the police. 

30.3 4.7
    31.3 7.3

YTD 501.18 miles

• Options
    Cal, I used the wife's metal measuring tape she uses (as an ex fashion designer).- our garden is about 80 feet long and 40 feet wide with 3 feet wide concrete footpaths all around it - the wife made sure the footpaths were 3 feet wide because she said it was for my zimmer frame later in life.

My son has joined the family in the RealBuzz Challenge for a month that involves him, his kids and myself.  I have (optimistically) said I will try to do a million steps during April - this includes my running.
    If I counted the distance I walk too I will reach 1300 miles before May - would anyone like to comment?

Because of the above I decided to only do 8.15 miles yesterday and today on the treadmill making my 
    YTD = 681.01 miles

• Options
    The inevitable has happened...our coast path has been closed...it is a little narrow in places but this seems a little bit over the top as there are no tourists being allowed here so it's pretty quiet.
    I've been doing what I can on the hilly road outside my house.
    308 miles YTD 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Interesting they have shut the coastal path, surely that puts people on the other roads? Or is it because if anything happens there are not the resources to deal with it?

Harmander well done on working out the garden, ours is much smaller and l lack the mental resilience of DR! 

We are now running up the rural roads to avoid people, biggest challenge is the number of pheasants, if the 12th is cancelled they are going to take over some areas.

9.24 miles this morning, one police van, several bunnies, a few dogs and masses of pheasants!

YTD: 304.75
  • Options
    JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

Great to see everyone getting out in various forms.

Dubai,that's fantastic commitment using the path behind your villa.

Well done on passing 500 MrM2,Cal and Dubai,great mileage with the limitations placed on us.

Good to see you out running more David.

Been laid low by a cold so no running for a while, should be able to get out tonight,hopefully.

• Options
    Yes, great to see everyone's commitment in these times - isn't it strange?

I haven't been out for a couple of days as I have been going out with the family, I shall get out early tomorrow, whilst out I have been logging our walks, generally only a couple of miles, yesterday we took the kids on their bikes to the Triangle leisure centre, Burgess hill, for a bit of road safety whilst it is closed and as we were the only ones there I did one loop of the main car park - 0.2 km, so 5 for 1 km, 100 for 20 km or 211 for a marathon - can you tell we are bored?

Stay safe everyone.
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I work 9 days a fortnight, today is my much treasured non working day, however it's been like all the others in the past fortnight. Run this morning, 10.3 miles, saw 9 others. I've thought this before but jogging really is a middle aged or older pass time. This morning I saw several people out aged, at a guess, 16 to 20, noticible as unusual. I assume they're displayed from the now closed gyms. They were all bombing along. 

Ytd: 322.8 + 10.3 = 333.1
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    TT... Thanks, and congrats on passing 300'.
    Cal... know what you mean about the Garmin re distances on the track; I'm usually the best part of 100m short of a 1600m when it gives me a mile! So I use it for recording my route but use an old stop-watch for my times.
    Dubai... congrats on passing 500' and well done on the reps...
    Hobie... sorry about your path being closed; some times the actions are a little confused. However, in the case of an accident it might make life more difficult?
    JD1... hope you'll be over the cold soon.
    DavidC... all the best with trying to balance family with everything else!

How many more glorious mornings are we going to have before April showers set in? (Do we still have April showers?) Out before 7am this morning for a brisk 8'. (av.pace 9:19/mile.) Happy.
    YTD: 528' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Hobie, at least it's hill training eh?
    MrM2 - I had to delete the 5K PB it gave me at the track race I did in December - it was well short of the actual distance (which was most definitely not a PB).
    As for the weather, it's clouded over now. No rain but definitely less appealing than it has been.
    Donnie, I see a lot of younger people running in London - I guess that's more a local demographic thing.
    I was feeling groggy this morning so didn't get out until well after 11 so I had to duck and dive a lot and got told off by one couple who were taking up the entire path and failed to move across despite me saying excuse me three times. Idiots.
    Anyway, 9 miles logged.

YTD: 524
  • Options
    9.50 miles (15.275 km) on the treadmill today plus loads of (unmeasured) steps in the garden makes my
    YTD = 690.50 miles
  • Options
    Donnie, when they closed the gyms here I def saw more people out cycling and running. Even my wife gave it a go as she couldn’t get to the gym. Now on lockdown no one is out.
    Working nights this next 2 days so might have a couple of rest days, need to apply for my movement permit to drive to and from work.

The Path
    1.4 am 3.03 pm 3.02
    2.4 3.07

YTD 510.3 miles

• Options
    JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

First run in a while,just a 5.2 mile run with the dog yesterday evening.Only came across another couple running,so it was nice quiet.

YTD - 283.12

• Options
    Morning,

Out for a very early gentle 10' this morning, and as with TT  just pheasants for company, quite surprised as I managed around 8.40 mile pace, so back in 1.27

YTD = 156.1
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    That's a great total considering  your restrictions, Dubai.
    You'll be through 700 soon, Harmander.
    Well done, David - 10 for me too.
    I went to Streatham Common today - first time in ages as it can be horrendously muddy. It's mostly dry now, so I got some good hill training in.

YTD: 534
  • Options
    Cal

Yes did the other 9.50 miles to get to 700 earlier today and a further 11,000 steps after that.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Harmander; 700' in three months!

Knew exactly what run I wanted to do this morning; 12' with a couple of challenging hills. Not feeling very 'bouncy' today, but was happy with an o'all pace of 10:01/mile. Possibly just an easy/short run over the week-end(?) Toes are feeling a bit battered, and not sure why. (Currently using 5/6 different pairs of trainers...and the old ones are feeling the most comfortable!)
    YTD: 540' .