Options

Thursday 2nd January 2020 If you ever plan to motor west

Morning, just!

Lyrics: If you ever plan to motor west,
Travel my way...

What: short run/longer fitness suite

Why: easy run day/the suite is open from today, thank goodness!

Out for lunch due to WAVA improvement. The lyrics must be the theme for the next year.

Hope you get to talk things through with the GP, LMH.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Happy Birthday Alehouse - hope you have a nice lunch.

What:           appointment and possibly decision making
    Why:            knee
    Last hard:    not being able to run
    Last rest:     31/12

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Back to work today :-(
    Lmh I do hope your appt helps you decide.
    Alehouse enjoy the lunch
    Lyrics no, yesterday's were Tilted, Christine and the queen's
    Terrible night sleep. I just ache so much lately at night. So for rid of one pillow as one is the norm for me, we'll see. New mattress maybe needed if this doesn't help.
    What run with a mate later, maybe 5 miles
    Why catch up
    Last hard sleeping
    Last rest 31/12/16
    I got in Snowdonia ballot!! 
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning again!

Oh dear Wabo: Snowdonia sounds far too hard! Enjoy your run later! 

Annual weigh in: 10 stone 7 and a half. Lots to work on there! Was around 9:11 last July. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Ale - happy Birthday, enjoy lunch!
    LmH - sorry to hear the ongoing troubles, hope you reach a satisfactory decision...
    Wabo - good news with the ballot, bad news with sleep misery...
    Chick - well done with treadmill hills, horrible way to do them!
    WP - your race sounded lovely
    Hazel - Another on P&D here, I aim for 55-70 but tend to veer somewhere between 40-55 & 55-70 (low / high targets) and usually hit somewhere in between
    Well done to the various Park Runners over the year end.

Was offline for a couple of days: New Year's Eve the club does an all age group relay ( 4 x 2k). My team had 1 x9yo, 1x 13yo, 1x returning senior and me. By a process of elimination (Read: nobody wanted to do it), I got the last leg. I managed to consolidate our 22nd place (out of 25) although I think I may have irritated a hamstring doing so....
    Had hoped for a longer trail run yesterday but had niggly glute / hamstring that limited pace & distance. Managed just over 10 but it was a glorious sunny morning to be out.

Today - Club session - 10x 100 hills
    Why - on the schedule, I'm coaching
    Last Rest - 19/12
    Last hard - Tuesday/yesterday

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: trying another club
    Why: both the ones I'm trying are pay and play so I can decide when I go and which I go to
    Last hard: sprinting at the end of pr yesterday. I got overtaken and that doesn't normally happen!
    Lyrics: nope

Happy birthday Ale.
    Lmh good luck at Doc's
    Wabo hope you get better sleep tonight
    Dustin look after that hammy

Think Lucas will be missing daddy today, he's got far too used to us both being around so may find it harder to do things today as he didn't like being left this morning ...

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    Morning!

Happy birthday Ale - hope you have a lovely day.  Work on / worry about the weight tomorrow and treat yourself today?  Almost missed the connection with the Wava.  Brain not yet working today.

Difficult decision to make LMH.  Good luck with your appointment.

Hope work is gentle to you Wabo after your bad night's sleep - my collegues / my customer are still pretty quiet and no disasters whilst I was away.  Good news regarding Snowdonia - I remember you had to miss it in 2019.

Careful with the niggles Dustin.  At least you were able to profit from the nice weather yesterday nonetheless.  Enjoy coaching / club run today.

Pay and play sounds like a good club option emzap.  Hope Lucas settles soon.

What: MLR post work
    Why: Back to everyday life
    Last hard: that
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Happy birthday, ale 🍾🎈🎂

Yes to lyrics - we did the whole distance in 2014. Highly recommended.

Commiserations to those back in work. I'm off until the 7th.

New mattress sounds like the way to go, wabo. Although I find that the menopause has as lot to answer for when it comes to random pain, especially at night.
    How do you feel about doing Snowdonia this year? Excited or scared?

Hope the doc can help you to get back on the road, LMH.

Did you like the new club, em? Must be hard for Lucas to understand why daddy is not there today...

So annoying when a niggle stops play, Dustin. Hope it's short-lived. Well done at the relays.

Fingers crossed you can get out early enough for your MLR, Hazel.

What: 14 mile progression run
    Why: beautiful day, cold but sunny
    Last hard: Tuesday's run
    Last rest: 20/12
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick that is interesting re menopause and aches.  I will see how a couple of days on one pillow goes, it felt better already this morning madly enough.  I am ok about Snowdonia.  I really want to give it another go.  But oh has already mentioned how it messes with our holiday in summer when I say I need to do long runs so I will get my head round that somehow.  He is right, if we go abroad it is too difficult to put in long runs.
    enjoy your progressive run
    dustin sorry to hear about the niggle, hope it backs off!
    alehouse, I want to be your weight! I only gained 2lbs though so happy days
    hazel enjoy the MLR, work is fine so far
    emzap hope lucas isn't missing daddy too much

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Wabo - I find one pillow is much better for my back/neck/shoulder. I only use two if I need to prop myself up to stop coughing. If you aren't going on holiday for more than two weeks it doesn't matter at all - long run just before you go and the next when you come back and you'll be fine.

I weighed in yesterday exactly 1kg heavier than on 1st Jan last year Alehouse but I can afford to carry that.

Careful please Dustin!

Hope you don't have to start your MLR too late Hazel.

How has Lucas been emzap? Hope the new club is suitable.

It sounds as though you're making the most of your time off chicksta.

I managed to get ten miles of walking in before my doctors appointment which is good as I had the injection and now have to rest for 48 hours. Fortunately that will only mean one inactive day as I can walk/gym/swim/bike from midday on Saturday - cunningly planned or what eh? Unfortunately the doctor said that even with the jab it could be 4-6 weeks before my knee settles down enough to resume running :-( If that is the case London may have to be a fundraising long run before a May/June marathon if I can negotiate that with Mark.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Afternoon

Happy Birthday Alehouse!

Dustin Do take care of niggleno room on injury bench for you,

What: 6.17 miles over the hills
    Why: Legs said lets do this
    Last Hard NYE hills/forgetting it was jab this morning
    Lyrics: Yes

A good run legs are happy and seems to have recovered well.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression