Options

Monday 6th January 2020 Stuck inside these four walls

Morning!

Lyrics: Stuck inside these four walls, 
Sent inside for ever

What: a run with M74, and possibly some extra

Why: think it is his easy week so he will run shorter than of late

I don't quite know how this has happened but my little twins are 30 today! 

Back later.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - happy birthday to the, erm, youngsters!
    Great park running Ale, RFJ, Chick
    Wabo - ouch with the tooth, any better today?
    LmH - fingers crossed for the knee
    OH - more lovely photos!

AWOL (again) much of the weekend
    Saturday was county XC, I'm team manager so was there at 9ish for a whole array of races. Reasonably succesful day for the club, 8 medals overall, including golds in MV45 & both U15B & U17M teams. Our ladies too picked up a team silver - the first medal I can recall for our Senior Women at these champs. 
    My role was more making up the numbers but managed to score in both senior and Vet "b" teams...(that's not really saying much tbh!)
    Still felt some soreness in the glute/hamstring but you manage to shrug those off for a race.
    Sunday had planned a 15 miler very easy, but knew after less than a mile it was going to be off the table. 
    4 miles easy and called it a day. Fizzio booked in for next Monday, backing off playing it by ear now and stretching a ridiculous amount. Plenty of time still, and pays to be cautious. (check me out, being sensible!)
    It seemed to ease off after a 2 mile walk over the fields to the pub yesterday, didn't even notice it on the way back....

What - maybe a 20 minute run to see what happens
    Why - caution
    Last rest - 21/12
    Last hard - Saturday
  • Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - An End Has A Start - Editors.

Take it easy Dustin - much better to have some down time now and get back to it than to push on and be out later or for longer. Well done at the xc.

Hope you enjoy your run with company Alehouse.

I walked my hillier route this morning and think I can feel my knee a bit more than yesterday, was talking myself out of a run but I think it's just fear so I'm going to get out and see how it goes.

What:            not sure
    Why:             trying to be sensible but not over cautious
    Last hard:     knowing which is which
    Last rest:      4/1

Lyrics - familiar but can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning again!

What: an hour, largely off road although on decent surfaces

Why: M74 only wanted 35 minutes or so, so the remainder was a bit of a slog on my own, particularly as my back was aching quite badly, probably from yesterday's stretches. Dry but blustery in parts, although not on OH's scale.

And am sure you all know these lyrics.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Dustin tooth is totally fine today so I am sure this is due to the ongoing cough virus that now seems to be affecting sinuses again. And hence the tooth. Like the sensible head.  What a busy and good Saturday you had
    alehouse I know the lyrics! Happy 30th to the twins, and nice running!
    LMH hope the knee behaves
    All I can hear in my office is coughing and it isn't just me!!!

What: maybe about 3 later
    why: depends how I feel
    last hard: yesterday PM
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday to the little alehouses ;)

Glad the tooth is better, wabo.

Did you make another run, LMH? Dentists here have to save the tooth at all cost - dictated by our health system so it'll take some convincing. I can sort of understand - this tooth may be needed for a bridge at some point. It's the top one at the very back.

Hope your back is ok, ale.

Busy weekend, Dustin. Well done on being sensible.

Great MP running, Hazel. I find any pace work incredibly hard at this stage.

Hope you're ok, RFJ. It does sound a bit nasty.

What: 19 miles and yoga day 5
    Why: Two Oceans is approaching incredibly fast
    Last hard: getting my head around the fact that I have to 16 more miles than today! And today was a flat route ... ouch.
    Last rest: 3/1
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    6.7 miles first part road back over trail with some fairly gloupy mud. Fairly windy and due to get much worse tomorrow.
    No swimming today and unlikely to be any swimming for a couple of days.
    Also some undecorating. I hard pine needles!
    Needed to get going again but took a while to get motivated.
    No photos today although it was quite a nice dawn again.

• Options
    Nice miles chicksta. Weird healthcare system that doesn't take the patients wishes into account.

Forgot to Happy Birthday your twins Alehouse - will you get to celebrate with them today?

Glad your tooth feels a bit better Wabo. I'm still suffering on and off with sinus stuff too.

Are you in for a storm OH?

Breezy here but not as wet as I was expecting from the forecast.

Another run done, knee still ok, physio very unhappy with me...........
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Evening!

Naughty LMH! Hope things are ok tomorrow...not least with the physio!

Went out yesterday evening to celebrate the twins' birthday. One of them popped round for a short while at tea time though. 

Sound like tough runs from Chick and OH!

Hope everything settles, Dustin, and that you get a positive way forward, RFJ.

Trust you got a decent run in Wabo. That is going to be a problem for me as I am working for the rest of the week: having said that I had nothing booked I had a call this morning...

• Options
    Evening

Happy birthday to your twins Ale (just about still valid).  Hope the back is feeling better this evening.

Good XC haul Dustin.  Sensible regarding dropping the 15 miler, you don't want to start an injury now.

Ah - had the tooth / sinus issue before as well Wabo, uncomfortable.  Good news it is better now.

Please be careful with the knee LMH.  But if you are able to run then it must be progress.

Don't think about those extra miles too early Chicksta.  Well done on the 19 miles.  Grr to greedy dentists wanting to be able to charge for all the treatment rather than pulling is what I sometimes think.  

Is the swimming off due to the wind OH?

Thinking of you RFJ.

What: more hiking with OH - this time in the Emmental region.  About 10 miles and 800m +/-
    Why: another bank holiday for me, running rest day
    Last hard: the icy bits
    Last rest: runningwise today

Lyrics: 'fraid not.

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: run with new club. 20 min out then back to start in 20 min, Twist was it was downhill out!  Then 6x20 sec
    Why: what was on offer
    Last hard: that!
    Lyrics: no

Happy birthday twins!
    Lmh how's the knee feeling?

Have a lovely evening all