Tuesday 7th January 2020 - I'm on my own, nowhere to roam

Morning.

Lyrics - I'm on my own, nowhere to roam

Hmm, Emmental Hazel - you've made me want cheese 
:)

I'm glad you have some work Alehouse, is it going to be a regular thing?

Was that the same club emzap? Have you settled on one or are you still trying different ones?

Hope you are feeling better today Wabo.

My right knee currently feels better than my left though quads, hamstrings and right adducter don't feel great, not sure if that's a consequence of limping when the knee was bad or just not doing for two weeks, I don't tend to respond well to rest. Physio doesn't think I should have tried running until the end of this week which is why she's unhappy with me. I have an appointment with her on Thursday which was made in anticipation of racing Brass that I need to decide whether to keep or not. I'd like to but it's a lot of money and I'm not earning so it's a bit of a dilemma.

What:            easy run
Why:             definitely can't run hard at the moment
Last hard:     knowing what's the right thing to do
Last rest:      4/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Paul McCartney, Band on the Run

Think I am just covering for illness, LMH!

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday/work
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

I guess everything needs to settle down and get well oiled again LMH. 

Have a good day at work Ale. 

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: back to work properly today
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: a walk and some yoga
    Why: it's what I'm doing on rest days
    Last hard: last night. My legs are in pieces this morning!
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh is physio appointment to see if you should run brass monkeys or made before your knee got bad?

Ale enjoy the work.

Mmm another cheese lover here!  Just weighed myself and I don't seem to have put on anything over Christmas. Now just to lose the last of the baby weight...

Have a lovely day all.
  • Morning

I was missing yesterday but rest day due to totally worn out after furniture moving post Christmas.Some one forgot to tell me i am not 35 any longer.........

Em: Well done on no gain after Christmas:-)
    Ale: Belated happy Birthday to the youngster's

What 6.10 miles
    Why: because
    Last hard yesterday and dead leg/hip in bed and sitting/sleeping 10 hours a night
    Lyrics: Well i knew yesterday's not today's

Last run at home as away tomorrow for a little break:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    nice runs Chick , Hazel
    What - club (mara) set - 4 mile threshold
    Why - it's on the schedule
    Last rest - Yesterday: although legs felt better I decided against a lunchtime run and the only reason to run when I got home was for meaningless numbers on the training log. 
    Last hard - being sensible
    Will see how today goes, but stretching & rest have ceratinly helped

• Being sensible sucks but it will pay off Dustin.

emzap - appointment was made as a pre-race massage before my knee went bang.

Housework is dangerous Poppy.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yes, am I on a roll?
    dustin, nice training, mmm sensible, my head is in a battle today
    WP nice run, enjoy the break!
    Emzap enjoy the walk and yoga.  I gained 2 lbs over christmas, so not as good as you but I was not  too u nhappy
    hazel enjoy the group run
    lmh know what you mean about resting, quite often all sorts hurt me when I don't do as much.  Hopefully yours will settle soon
    alehouse happy running/stretching

Truth be told, I am not really better today so I have called for a doctor phone appt (through health cash plan at work) and get some advice or antibiotics even.  It has been on and off now for too long.

what: well that is the dilemma, club race later 2.9 miles, doubtful tbh
    why: better to go home and just run gentle and get home earlier 
    last hard: last night 2 miles only
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • It's not always great weather in Orkney!

No day for swimming. 
    Up the hill.
    Plan not actually made by me although wind not so bad as forecast.
    Last hard: that was
    Lyrics no
  • Hazel: You may be right - my dentist drives a Porsche ;)  At least it's not me who gets the bill but the insurance company. 

Wow, OH - that looks rather wet.

Probably a good decision to get atbs, wabo. And I wouldn't race if I were you. 

LMH: Definitely a difficult time for you at the moment ... hope everything settles sooner rather than later without you having to spend a fortune on further treatment. I'm lucky that my insurance covers physio/osteo treatment - there's a limit but so far they've kept me on the road without me having to pay anything.

Will you join the new club, em? They sound a bit hard core ;)

Blimey Dustin, another sensible decision :) Hope you are rewarded for being patient.

Poppy: can you send my some of your zzzs please? 10 hours - I'm so jealous. I'd be happy with half that amount :s 

What: 10 hilly miles
    Why: session on tired legs should simulate the later stages of my ultra (I hope)
    Last hard: strangely yesterday's run felt harder than today's. I could have easily done a few extra miles but ran out of time - back at work today
    Last rest: 3/1
    Lyrics: I think so
  • Unfortunately it's probably viral Wabo so antibiotics won't help. Hope you feel better soon.

That looks err, invigorating OH  :)

Unfortunately my stuff is all so longstanding that no insurance would cover it chicksta.