Wednesday 8th January 2020 - Won't you talk to me

Morning.

Lyrics - Won't you talk to me

Another bad night's sleep and I feel as though I've done several hard gym sessions back to back - no idea what's going on, this not running much lark really doesn't suit me. Yesterday's run was absolutely pants, everything (apart from my right knee) felt wrong and it was as slow as a slow thing going slowly.

What:           short run/gym if I can motivate myself
Why:            I'm wondering if it's time to retire and take up Zumba
Last hard:    working out what's going on
Last rest:     4/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't Bring Me Down - David Bowie. 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, at least

Why: work gets in the way 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Give yourself a couple of days to get back to running more or less normally LMH.  If you feel like you have done a lot of gym (even if you haven't) maybe drop today's session?

This work getting in the way thing Ale...  Enjoy your short run nonetheless.

Good news on not putting on any weight emzap.  Hope the legs are feeling better today.

Have a nice trip away WP.

Like the idea of not just running to clock up numbers Dustin - good point.

Hope you get that cough sorted soon Wabo.  Did you race after all?

Well wrapped up there OH.  Seems the three of you are enjoying your outing nonetheless.

You have decent health insurance Chicksta, dentists (and health care in general) are ridiculously expensive here, many people go abroad.  Well done on the hilly 10.

What: some sort of MLR
    Why: yesterday's run was a bit short and very slow, just one other out and he was more interested in putting the world to rights than running faster.  That's fine by me but I feel a need to compensate a bit today.
    Last rest: 06.01.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - Zumba is overrated....
    What - hopefully an easy run
    Why - managed the 4miles threshold last night, probably not at ideal pace but on current form I'll take the 7mm. Hamstrings, glute tight again today, so more stretching but will see if they let me run at lunchtime.
    Last Rest - Monday
    Last Hard - Yesterday
    lyric - not sure
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

LMH no way is it time for you to give up, bad patch is all.  I am sure xx
    Dustin, so you have done Zumba??? Enjoy the easy run
    Hazel I didn't race and just about managed a short 1.3 miles so I knew it was the right thing to do. 
    Hazel enjoy your mlr
    alehouse have a great short run

What: 1.7 d&d and I will do another later
    why: my head feels more positive today even though I struggled when I went to bed last night (cough)
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Long doc consultation yesterday afternoon on my health insurance which really put my mind at ease. She reckons I have just been unlucky to keep picking up viruses  because if it was bacterial and needing antibiotics it would not go and come back. We will see, ordered multi vitamins and tonics see if that helps!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh just what you said yesterday re antibiotics, like chick though I needed to check
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Glad you're feeling better and that the chat to the doctor has reassured you Wabo. Unfortunately my current 'bad patch' has now been ongoing for a year:-(

Careful with those niggles Dustin.

Hazel - I can't let myself off the gym as I find it all too easy not to go. Hope you enjoyed your MLR today.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh sorry to hear you're still not right.
    Wabo good your kind was put at ease

What: it was just going to be a walk then I decided to do a slow hilly 5km as well. It was great
    Why: I just felt like it
    Last hard: some of those hills were hard but I took it really slowly
    Lyrics: nope

Bad night here. Unusually Lucas up every 1.5-2.5 hours. He's been such a good sleeper so I'm really hoping this isn't the new norm, I don't do well on little sleep.

Have a great evening all