Monday 13th January 2020 - Look at me, I'm my own worst enemy

Morning.

Lyrics - Look at me, I'm my own worst enemy

It sounds as though you enjoyed the evening Alehouse. I am ok with yesterday's result. I'm trying to think long term. A good performance or at least sub 3 at London is my goal at the moment.

I'm fortunate in that I'm only wheat intolerant Hazel though I haven't tried pearl barley i think I'd probably be ok with it though maybe only in small quantities (I can have bits of rye). I don't eat meat though so would have to adapt the soup further. I have thought about getting one of those soup makers that you can just throw everything in and leave but I've never done more than that.

emzap - have you tried replacing some of the cakes/sweets with 'healthy' cereal/home made energy bars/balls whatever if it's bothering you? Anita Bean has some good recipes, not sure if you can get any of them from her blog but I'm happy to type some up and share with you if not and you'd like.

My right knee was a little twingy first thing and my calf is definitely tight so I shall see how it all feels after a walk before deciding what to do though I would like at least a short, easy run.

What:         hopefully a short run
Why:          the road to London
Last hard:  it's not been easy lately
Last rest:   10/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Fly me to the Moon", Frank Sinatra, although it was originally titled "In other words".

Lyrics: no

Yes, yesterday afternoon was good, although most of the panel were better runners than they are speakers! Best part was chatting to people that I haven't spoken to for ages. 

Hope everything loosens up when you get moving LMH

What: run with M74

Why: it is Monday. Hopefully around an hour before the rain, and wind, arrive.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That's some serious accumulated talent indeed, Ale. Different school back then. No stretching and I remember Ron Hill saying on Marathontalk that they weren't even allowed to have water in marathons back then ... Nevermind the shoes! Wonder what they make of the Vaporfly hype ...
    Hope you stay dry.

Ouch, poppy! That sounds nasty.

Fingers crossed your legs are ok post walk, LMH.
    Fitting lyrics. I should have been more precise though as I meant my post-run nutrition as I never fancy anything when I get back and then usually life takes over (work during the week, friends/family/household at the weekend). Must stock up on chocolate milk now that my runs are getting longer :)
    I'm doing ok with lunch and dinner. I'm not a real veggie but I don't like meat very much apart from the odd bit of chicken or turkey. Oh, and a burger after a marathon.

I love barley soup! It's a traditional German granny thing (Graupensuppe). I pimp mine by frying shallots, garlic and chili flakes in olive oil before adding the veggies and stock. And I cook the barley in a separate pot so it stays 'al dente'.

Waiting for the rain to clear and then see what this dodgy hammy is up to :)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH I am happy to read your BM post, bet you feel bit better?
    chick hope dodgy hammy is ok
    alehouse have a good monday run with your mate

Had a nice slow muddy hilly run with my mate and my oh (he kept shooting off into the undergrowth like a dog).  Happy to report no issues aches or whatever for me, but oh has hurt his foot and my mate's legs are in bits.
    What: some miles later
    why: tired this morning
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Happy monday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Had to laugh at your description of your OH during the run Wabo :-) Glad you had a good one. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

No good evidence for stretching that I'm aware of chicksta. Chocolate milk definitely a good post run option.

Hope you avoided the weather Alehouse, rain not due here until about lunchtime but the wind is picking up.

Legs felt better after the walk, some niggly bits but ok for a recovery run. Slow as a slow thing but that's fine. I very consciously didn't push the pace and things felt better by the end so I'm hoping I don't seize up this afternoon (going to see the new Star Wars as Mark is off) and that I can get a few more miles in tomorrow.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Glad to hear that all seems good, Wabo! And hope the dodgy hamstring plays ball, Chick!

What: 66 mins

Why: M74 wanted a little less so he did 59 and I added a little on in the interests of progressive consistency. 60 minutes last week.

Re shoes, the Reebok World 10 were the Nike 4% of the day: basically very thin kangaroo skin upper  and a bit of very thin rubber on the sole. Ron wore these for his early marathons and world 10 and 20 mile records and helped design them, punching holes in the upper of the prototype  with a hole punch to make them lighter.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Lmh I'll have a look.  Nuts may be a problem though...

Wimped out of club due to the weather. Did walk this morning though.

Have started writing down what I'm eating to try and keep track a bit better.

Looks like a fun night ale.

Have a lovely evening all