Tuesday 14th January 2020 - This name I got we all agreed

Morning.

Lyrics - This name I got we all agreed

Hadn't thought of that emzap but a quick Google of 'nut free energy bar recipes uk' produced quite a few results. Do you like porridge? I find that a great versatile quick filler or overnight oats, often have some of those soaking in the fridge including chocolate versions.

The thread seems to have gone quite quiet with a few people missing, hope all are ok.

We are forecast another cold and windy day with more rain later <<sigh>> Had lots of rain yesterday evening/night so I expect there will be flooding. My left knee was a little tweaky overnight and my right calf is still rather stiff. I'm sure I usually recover more quickly from an all out effort but I guess I hadn't been able to put the training in during the preceding weeks. Must remember that it's still quite soon after the steroid injection to be running at all and let my legs recover properly before pushing on - but I feel as though the clock is ticking.

What:            shorter than I'd like
Why:             being sensible
Last hard:     being sensible
last rest:       10/1

Yesterday's lyrics - If You Don't Love Yourself - The Script.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Quick post from work

Lyrics: no

What: short run, long stretch

Why: work/Tuesday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning, forgot to post yesterday.

+1 to porridge (digestion currently ongoing...).  I have to put some niceys on the top (in my case some nuts, banana and apple to combat the texture and I don't really like milk but the overall result is palatable.

Do you mean a slow cooker by a soup maker LMH?  I would ignore the ticking clock for a day or two yet so that you can recover from BM. How was the film?

Food diary can be a good idea emzap. 

Your meet-up must have been lovely Ale - love those shoes - especially the price!

Hope your OH's foot is better Wabo.

What: group run + x
    Why: Tuesday and want to do a few miles as I have a short running week (away at the weekend)
    Last rest: 13.01.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I've been off grid for a few days, just mayhem at home (more later) and that work nonsense getting in the way....

Ale - great park run, and must have been great to catch up with the old skool superstars!
    Chick - Cake looked great, carrot too!
    Hazel - your session on Saturday sounded, erm, fun!
    Emz - Big advocate of the cake and biscuit diet....
    LmH - Great jog round Brass, hopefully all looking rosier for VLM...
    Hazel - enjoy today's group run

Saturday was race 4 of the County XC League. 6 miles round a wind swept and oft boggy park in Reading. Not my quickest but used my recent strategy of starting easier, not slowing and picking up places on the last couple of miles. Legs still tight but better than last week.
    Sunday - Joined the club's trail run up and down the fields for 14 miles of muddy torture. By far the wettest and gloopiest I've seen it in years which made for a tough workout. Had planned 16-17 road miles but given I barely averaged 10mm on the trails, the time on feet was much the same. 
    Mrs D has decided, now the kids are 21 & 18, that much of the house will be redecorated, so I found myself on Sunday (post run) moving the contents of 4 rooms into the spare bedroom. Unloading storage cupboards, dismantling things, carrying up and down stairs etc. Partly my own fault: much of the "stuff" is my collection of vinyl and 100s of books....She did mention "decluttering" and "hiring a skip". I shuddered. There was also the complete set of kitchen wares that my eldest had for Uni, plus a spare bed, and box after box of toys which we aren't allowed to get rid of....
    Managed a 9k linchtime run yesterday before the QoP elbowed me to near death last night. Things allegedly looser today. I'm still wincing. 

Today - Club session, 7 miles with 10x100 strides
    Why - Marathon planning
    Last rest - 04/01
    Last Hard - apart from QoPs elbows, Sunday
    Lyric - hmm, possibly

• Morning

I forgot to post yesterday  which was 10.10 miles

What: 6.15 miles
    Why: Body dictated
    Last hard: fall and how slow I was this morning.
    Lyrics: Nope

Bad weather coming in later today so happy to run in the dry :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hazel - no I was thinking of a soup maker, you can get them where you throw some veg and stock in and then leave it to chop and cook etc. Film was really good. I make my porridge with a mix of water and non dairy milk, unsweetened almond is my favourite. Enjoy the group run.

Busy, busy, busy Dustin - who needs a gym? Hope your legs feel looser soon, it usually takes mine a couple of days after I've been battered by the physio.

More work Alehouse?

Bad weather here yesterday afternoon/evening Poppy - a tree down on my walk this morning - and the wind due to pick up again so I should get myself out. 
  • Ouch, Dustin! 10mm on muddy trails is not a bad pace at all, btw.

How did your run go, LMH? Tell the clock to shut up ;)

Those shoes take minimalism to another level, ale ;) love it that Ron used a hole punch on them :D 

Enjoy your group run, Hazel.

Big fan of porridge too but it has to be done with full-fat milk or cream  <3 Luckily I have no real food allergies (apart from mushrooms and they're easily avoided) so dairy is fine. 

What: 8 miles with a pyramid of 1,2,3,4,3,2,1 @ 5k pace
    Why: training plan
    Last hard: that
    Last rest: 3/1
  • My run was better than yesterday's thanks chicksta. I don't have any real issues eating dairy (as long as I don't have too much fat) but I don't like the taste of milk much and do like the almond non-milk.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    LMH i thought it was quiet too
    chick nice pyramid set!
    Hazel oh back hurts today, might have to get a younger model :D  I gave his foot and massage and dig which has helped
    Poppy amazing miles!
    dustin, oh my what a lot you have done!!! Fantastic training and well done on QoP
    I too need to declutter, started on horrid fitted wardrobes so we can move bedrooms
    alehouse hope it was a good short r un
    LMH yours as well

What: short run d&d
    Why: spurs tonight
    last hard: last nights to be fair, this morning felt good
    last rest: 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Up the hill (7 miles,)
    Blow off the cobwebs
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: working around storm Brendan
    Lyrics no

Nice celebrity roundup AH
  • Glad to hear that you're on the up, LMH

Bit of a decluttering theme going on here, wabo and Dustin.

Glad you weren't blown away, OH - those pics on the telly looked pretty horrendous.

Remnants of that storm hit us last night so my session was a treadmill one.

Forgot to mention that I finally ran my hamstring into submission. It was twingy at first but finally caved in  >:)
  • It was actually worse on the coast with waves breaking over 2 storey buildings. Was a bit tough running uphill into the wind but nothing unusual for this time of year.
    A few pictures by a friend:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2529913420561290&id=100006279699795
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Just a walk to physio here today. My legs and back were so tight it was agony! Got some abs exercises to do to try and rebuild.

Those are high waves oh!

Luke 4 months today. Where is the time going?!