Saturday 18th January 2020 She came from Greece

Morning!

Lyrics: She came from Greece; she had a thirst for knowledge

Was just watching something about the young royals, hence the lyrics!

What: gentle parkrun plus a few ks

Why: not a day (or a back) for running hard
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Mirning

Lyrics: yes!

A rest day here. My dad is coming to visit so no time for parkrun.  

Very cold here overnight.

Hope your back feels better soon ale
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Stretch Out And Wait - The Smiths.

Hope your back feels better for a gentle run Alehouse.

Cold here this morning too emzap. Enjoy the company.

Hope you have a good race Wabo.

What:            short and easy/gym
    Why:             it's about all I do/needs must
    Last hard:     not being paranoid about my knee
    last rest:       10/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse did the gentle run help? I often find it does
    Lmh not racing, throat sore again on right side this time. Just not feeling a race. Hope you enjoy the short and easy

Emzap enjoy rest day and your dad's visit
    So change of plans due to funny old mood
    What jog to son kiddy cuddles watch spurs and jog back
    Why is what I want to do
    Last hard deciding
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Happy Saturday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

Hope you are feeling better soon, Wabo! Wonder if Spurs will lighten your mood!

Enjoy dad, Emz!

Most of the parkruns around here were off due to the ice. Went to one that is almost always on, although I felt that they were taking a bit of a risk. Just ran round with lots of gear on. Around 26:35. Back was not happy afterwards. Hope it is muscular rather than anything bone related. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Oh dear, ale. That doesn't sound great. Hopefully it settles.

Wabo: I listen to Marathontalk regularly and one the presenters, Holly Rush, had the same thing for months on end. She never rests and only got rid of it after doing literally nothing for a week. Just saying ...  A streak is a nice thing for sure but not worth it if it comes with a price tag IMHO

Enjoy your rest, em.

How is the knee, LMH?

Cold, windy and horrible here. If it wasn't for parkrun I'd have stayed on the couch... But I feel committed so I took the bus and got off about 10k away from the start. Legs heavy and I really felt the hills in them. I so wasn't up for greatness. Ran with Paul who is a 24/25 min parkrunner usually. He was feeling great and pushed me along. I had to explain that I fried my legs yesterday and was probably going to eat his dust today. I was right. He beat me by 11 secs. My body had nothing to give. HR was only 155 - it's usually at least 165 at parkrun but I couldn't get anywhere near that today :s
    Still reasonably pleased, because I got out despite not feeling the love, then I took one female scalp close to the finish and ran a negative split. 10 miles in total. Hubby picked me up to go shopping afterwards. Stopped by work to shower and change first. I usually hate shopping but I needed a new winter coat and found a great one. I also stocked up on various peanutty energy bars and chocolate milk. All in all a successful day. Paul ran a huge PB with 23:19, I came in at 23:30.
  • I'm a fan of peanutty just about anything and chocolate milk chicksta. I've just been looking up and converting a recipe for chocolate peanut butter flapjack that I plan to make if I can get the mileage up again. My knee is a little niggly but I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid or not. I'd like to run long tomorrow but I'm not sure if the knee is going to be ok. Mind you if it's anything like this morning it might be a bit on the slippery side too.

Sorry you didn't feel well enough to race Wabo

That doesn't sound good Alehouse - can you get an appointment to get it checked out?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I love marathontalk chick!

Culinary success at lunch with tasty beef brisket (never made it before but it was so easy and so tasty) and a syrup and ginger pudding that I made up (with custard :) ) Lukey still grumpy but I think it's coz he's teething, his cheeks are bright red.

Wabo take it easy, ditto what chick says

Lmh those flapjacks sound nice

Ale fingers crossed it's nothing more serious
  • Oh dear, poor Lucas and poor mummy and daddy. I'll let you know if I make them emzap. Can you have peanut butter?
  • I can relate to your paranoia, LMH. I have it with my back and also with my feet. The slightest twinge and I think stress fracture :|
    Definitely be super careful if it's icy. You don't want to twist it or - heaven forbid - fall on it.

Sounds like a yummy lunch, em. No wonder you have a grumpy baby if he's teething.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hi again

Time for my occasional check in - the running has been a bit more regular than my posting here recently . Got out 4 times so far this week and hoping to get a long run tomorrow, though ice making it look a little uncertain currently.

Sorry to hear about the various niggles/illnesses, hope they all improve soon.

Lyrics - yes. One of my favourite acts, and the best gig I've ever been to