Monday 20th January 2020 I remember when I was five...

Morning!

Lyrics: I remember when
I was five and you were ten, boy

What: waiting in A&E. No doctors available until 8 at the earliest

Why: getting back checked out
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Oh no - hope you can be attended to soon Ale if not already ongoing by now.  Crossing fingers..

Well done RFJ - shame about your OH, hope she is recovering well from the yeast.

Well done to OH for the XC also.  Dry feet certainly a bonus. 

Nice pics emzap.  It doesn't seem that long ago you were just up to running 5k and now 10k trail already. 

What: short recovery
    Why: didn't run for 3 days and want to get the cross training kinks out of the legs
    Last hard: back to work today and one of our servers has gone on strike.. Just what I need..  Waiting for admin assistance - drums fingers...
    Last rest: weekend just gone

Lyrics: very familiar
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Slip Slidin' Away - Paul Simon.

Sorry to hear that you feel bad enough to need to be there Alehouse. Hope you get some answers.

What a pain about the server Hazel - hope it's soon sorted.

What:          short and easy/maybe gym
    Why:           trying to protect my knees/need to fit it in somewhere
    Last hard:   warming up after my walk this morning
    Last rest:    10/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Oh no ale, hope you got seen quickly and got some answers.

Hazel, that is a right pain, hope it's fixed soon

Lmh how are you feeling at the mo?

So after a beautiful run and no pain on the run (apart from the obvious feeling of leaving your legs behind on a hard tail!) I woke up in the night with a really painful ankle. Exactly where I tore the ligaments last year. It's getting better as I move around more, but I've no idea what I've done :(

So for me today is rest (well I'm meant to be going to a friend's so I'll have to walk there, but will take it very slowly).

Gorgeous day again by the looks of things.

Have a great day all
  • Cold emzap! Hope your ankle is just reminding you that you need to build up steadily, running off road is going to have put more load on it. Getting better as you move around is a good sign.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse lyrics, yes and so spooky! I actually was playing this artist yesterday, an all time favourite  Oh poor you, sorry to hear you have gone a&e with your back!
    emzap agree with lmh hope the ankle is nothing more than that
    LMH enjoy the short easy and gym

What: 4-5 later
    why: I want to
    last hard: yesterday off road with OH 4 miles
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

No longer waiting!

Meant to say well done to RFJ and OH! Shame about MrsRFJ though. 

Hope the ankle is nothing more than adapting to the terrain, Emz. And bragging rights in your house cricket-wise! 

So, saw a doctor around 8:30 (he confirmed only absolute emergency doctors on until 8, worth knowing!). Sent me for x-rays which didn't show up any issues. He and a colleague both think that my back problems are muscular, although there seems no obvious reason why. Keep warm, painkillers...and gently stretching to keep it moving. Easier said than done: got stuck on the x-ray table and had to be helped off!. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - I guess that is sort of good news?
    EMZ - nice photos
    Chick, chamolk - decent long runs there
    Wabo - hope you're feeling better today
    RFJ - great result!

Been awol again all weekend...
    Saturday was 12 miles trail, paths absolutely sodden and there was foot deep mud in places, absolutely comical...then got back for declutter step two: had to lift all carpets in hall, stairs and dining room and take to the tip (two trips). Had intended to run Sunday League XC race, but the 11am start didn't really fit other plans so opted for anoither 10 on trails as the roads were liek a skating rink. Another 4 mile round trip to the pub for lunch too. Good news is my club won the XC without me anyway (I wouldn't have made our top 10). 
    As for London, I've not done the mileage and certainly nowhere near the speeds I want. Legs coping OK but continual niggles haven't helped. I still ended last week with 50+ miles but very few of them fast ones. 
    I'm weighing up a 2 week break as Mont Blanc in June is the "A" goal, London a distraction.

What - easy 5 or so at lunchtime
    Why - going through the motions
    last rest - 04/01
    last hard - Yesterday

• I guess that's good news Alehouse, frustrating though.

Dustin you don't need the speed to be there now and it might be time for a cutback week and see how things are after that? I think you're miles ahead of me training wise.

Don't think I'm going to make the gym Wabo - I can still feel Saturday's session and my knee is quite niggly so I don't want to push it, of course it could just be a good excuse as I don't really like going to the gym anyway...........Enjoy your run later.

Cold out and much more slippery than yesterday but I managed to stay on my feet and the run got better as I went which is sort of the point the day after a long run. Hoping my knee will settle down before tomorrow.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    dustin, thats a heck of a lot of busy!, enjoy the easy
    don't blame you lmh, I never go gym. Run sounds good

Oh's mum just been doctor, probably got peripheral vascular disease. I am not surprised her health is suffering because she is massively overweight and movement is harder than ever. She is very upset and scared bless her, I hope she turns things around now. Little by little.
  • I hope she'll make the necessary changes Wabo but if my experience with my MiL is anything to go by that won't happen I'm afraid.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean LMH.  It is a worry eh.
  • Very much so :-(
  • Glad to hear there's no skeletal issue, ale.

Difficult situation with your respective in-laws, LMH and wabo.

Glad you had a good run, LMH.

Busy as always, Dustin. With you on speed not being there. Same here. Here's to endurance 🍻

Ouch, em. Hopefully the ankle settles. Nice pics yesterday and well done :+1:

How annoying, Hazel. Hope your IT guys fixed things. That snow shoe walk sounded blissful.

What: 5 mile recovery run
    Why: I did 3 rather hard days in a row and over 50 miles in 4 days. Oops.
    Last hard: my foam roller
    Last rest: 3/1
    Lyrics: familiar