Wednesday 22nd January 2020 Ooh you make me live

Morning!

Lyrics: Ooh you make me live
Whatever this world can give to me

What: hopefully a short run

Why: still managing to keep the streak going! Saw physio last night who I think must be my current best friend: after 50 minutes of stretching legs and then upper body mobility in the back improved massively. She even sent me for a short run. Almost certainly a muscular problem. Spiky ball, stretches, warmth. 

Glad you could get out Chamolk! And decent walk, Emz: hope all is well with the ankle and Lucas this morning!

Right, off to work.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac.

Good news Alehouse.

I hope that number three doesn't succumb chamolk.

Did you get your heating sorted emzap? Definitely not the weather/time of year to have heating issues never mind with a baby.

What:          hopefully a MLR
    Why:           I'm supposed to be marathon training
    Last hard:   finding any confidence
    Last rest:    10/1

Lyrics - think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Heating started working last night then it's not again this morning. It's so frustrating.  

What: another walk
    Why: still being sensible
    Last hard: being sensible.
    Lyrics: nope

Fingers crossed for the boys chamolk

Ale good news

Lmh how's the knee?

Ankle is ok but just a bit stiff now.  Lucas is great. Dinosaur theme at baby group today!

Have a lovely day all
  • Sounds as though you may have some sludge in the system that's blocking something intermittently emzap? Knees are both niggling a bit, not helped by the slippery going.
  • Morning

Sounds positive Ale.  How do you apply the heat?  With one of those fancy gels, hot water bottle or..?  I can recommend a good old fashioned cushion filled with spelt or cherry stones or similar which has been popped in the microwave / oven for a bit for when you are seated.

Hope the MLR goes well LMH.

Eeek to the heating emzap.  At least Lucas is feeling better.

Hope the hair survived Wabo.  No sprinting in that case I guess.

How was the threshold run Dustin? Parly hill is the XC with the mad charge at the start or not?

14c is cold Chamolk.  Hope the rest of you are still avoiding the bug.

What: 5-6 mile GA run later
    Why: miles
    Last rest: 19.01.

Lyrics: familiar
  • I'm having difficulty motivating myself out in the freezing fog with the slippery conditions Hazel. Marathon training through the winter is so much harder than for an autumn marathon! I have a wheat filled 'hot water' bottle and a long thin lavender filled thing that are both great for putting in the microwave and applying to various parts as required. Hope you have a good run.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH - hope you get the MLR done & Ale any run in!
    EMZ - heating fixed?
    Hazel - yep , thats the one....and yes, survived LTP...

What - steady lunchtime miles
    Why - recovery, threshold run last night, pavements just about avoided being too icy.
    16 minutes threshold, 4 steady, 14 threshold, not super fast but was clocking 7:0x miles which is about as good as I think I could have managed on present form. Felt like I was hanging over the last 3/4 of a mile but I was actually not slipping pace wise....just over 9 in total.
    Last rest -04/01
    Last hard - yesterday

• Very good session, Dustin. I'd kill for 7:0x LT pace :) I couldn't even get anyhwere close to that at parkrun at the moment ... 

Horrid to be without heating in winter, em - especially with a baby in the house!

LMH: Winter training certainly throws more challenges our way. I hope you still enjoyed yours. Just imagine how not being able to run would make you feel. That usually gets me out of the door ;)

Glad your back is improving, ale

Chamolk: Fingers crossed the bug passes you by ;)

What: 10 miles - zone 1 is now giving me a pace of 8:58. If I can hold that over 56k I'd be one happy bunny
    Why: endurance
    Last hard: my right hamstring is niggling away, causing me to ditch this week's speed session. It's the same sort of issue that I usually have on the left side. As I managed to run a whole marathon on a niggly hamstring I'm not too worried at the mo, but I'm a teensy bit miffed to miss a scheduled work-out. 
    Last rest: 3/1
    Lyrics: yes
  • You will be fine without the speed work chicksta, it's the miles you need, look after that hamstring. Rather than missing a work out think of it as adapting the plan to suit your needs. I don't have to go too far back to remember how not being able to run feels.

So, about this easy week Dustin? LOL.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Hair went lovely, it is now very messy after two runs!!!
    EMzap glad your ankle is better and lucas is happY!
    Chamolk nice to see you and good that you got out
    chick nice running, hope the hammie behaves
    dustin sounds like a good session!
    hazel enjoy your run later, ha ha the hair didn't get speed but it did suffer with the mist this morning
    Emzap what a pain with the heating
    LMH I h ope you have managed something today that was ok?
    alehouse, great great news, glad you got out!
    Lyrics oh yes the clue is there!

What: lovely 3 mile run this morning, set me up good for the day tbh
    why: I am off to Spurs  tonight so no time
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest 31/12/16

Take care all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Evening!

Enjoy Spurs, Wabo! Would make a change! Hope my team improve tonight also!

Hazel: best heat is from my heated car seat! 30 minutes of it on the way to work and slightly less coming back. Plus traditional hot water bottle (I have a wheat "bag" for the microwave but it isn't very easy to position on the back. Plus Voltarol. 

Short run completed: more jarring than last night which shows what a difference a lot of stretching made yesterday.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse - you could try the heat patches for during the day?
  • May well do, LMH! Thanks for reminding me. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lucas not so happy any more. I have been dealing with projectile vomit this afternoon and he's been unsettled ever since poor boy.

Chick I agree, miles more important than speed at the mo. 

Think I've walked about 7km plus arm work lifting Lucas in the air everytime dinosaur was mentioned this morning in baby class. My arms are going to ache tomorrow!
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    a)500m swim 
    b) Paarlaufs  at track

a) Support of Lewis Pugh
    b) it's Wednesday

Oh and a morning's island surgery.

Last hard: track (paired with lass less than half my age!)

Last rest: Friday?

Lyrics - a rare yes!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thought you may get the lyrics, OH! And I don't fancy joining Lewis one little bit!