Options

Saturday 25th January 2020 When you are down and troubled

Morning!

Lyrics: When you are down and troubled
And you need some loving care

What: short run at most

Why: back

Back later: popping to watch parkrun

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Sorry to hear that your back is still bad Alehouse.

Enjoy Parly Hill Wabo and Dustin.

Grey, drizzly and entirely suited to my mood here this morning - not looking forward to this afternoon and not feeling very motivated to get out for a run but I think it's unlikely I'll be able to run tomorrow.

What:         short and easy
    Why:           I can
    Last hard:   not chickening out of this afternoon's appointment
    Last rest:    10/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning again!

Yes, enjoy Parly Hill Wabo and Dustin! Can't say I have, except when I have watched the national. 

Hope this afternoon goes well, LMH! Why won't you be able to run tomorrow though? I've never had a problem with running after I've had a tooth out.

Short run d&d plus some walking to say hello to friends who were at parkrun. Drizzle and grey, again. Now for a hot bath. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Standing guard over traffic cone.
    parkrun marshalling
    Last hard: the cold wind
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hope you ended up enjoying your run this morning LMH. Hope you get out for a run too ale. Looking forward to hear how this race goes this morning for Wabo and Dustin

Hope your traffic cone came to no harm , well done on volunteering - I'm overdue to help out for a run or two again

What - 10 mile run that included a parkrun in just under 21 I think
    Why - getting in miles and wanted to do the parkrun

Lyrics yes

• Options
    That's a great time, chamolk.

Nice volunteering, OH.

Hope the xc goes well, wabo and Dustin

Fingers crossed the tooth comes out with no complications, LMH.

Similar weather here. Just 2 degrees, windy and drizzly. I managed to sleep from 10pm to 2am and from 5 to 7, a bit too late to get to parkrun. Did the weekly shopping instead and then a casual 6 miles.

Yesterday's lyrics were Daysleeper,  REM and I know today's.
  • Options
    Glad you were able to manage a run Alehouse. I'm likely to have a large hole and the advice is to avoid strenuous activity and exercise for a few days in case the clot is dislodged.

Nice miles with a faster bit chamolk - sounds as though you've escaped the bug.

Hope you didn't get too cold OH.

How were your legs today chicksta?

When I finally persuaded myself out of the door I had a good run.
  • Options
    Good luck for the tooth LMH that its fast and without complications.
    Glad you had a good run beforehand.

Hope Wabo and Dustin had a good run up Parly hill. 

Hot bath must have been nice Ale, hope that loosened up the back a bit.

Was the traffic cone well behaved OH?  Running in cold is one thing, standing around in it much worse.

Good parkrun chamolk, guess you haven't got the bug then.

Parkrun will be there next week too Chicksta. Guess that is one of the great things about it.

What: recovery run in a bit
    Why: long run tomorrow with MP so nothing special today
    Last hard: long stint in the kitchen just finished. Soup, cake, biscuits, some of tomorrow's dinner. Hope I get to eat some of the cake too. (Carrot/banana destined for a night badminton tournament)
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: feel I should do
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Ahh, spoke too soon, got the bug very abruptly about half an hour after my run earlier. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that chamolk.

I've had a bit of a post extraction bleeding episode so will definitely be following the dentists advice and not running tomorrow. Hoping to feel up to doing my gym routine though.
  • Options
    🤢 chamolk... it's it a 24 hour thing?

Sensible LMH. Glad you had a good run. Legs were fine today apart from a bit of piriformis trouble but I know how to deal with that.

Are you having guests, Hazel?
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Yeah, seems to be - the boys all only vomited for a few hours, and spent a day sleeping, but then improved pretty quickly. Looking the same for me