Options

Sunday 26th January And though you're gone You're with me every single day, believe me

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Just popped into my head 
Catch up on the morning, I'm shattered
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just quickly, Sorry to hear about your back still bad alehouse
    Lmh ouchy, rest up, poor you
    I didn't do parly hill, long story short oh very very down about his dad. Not in a good frame of mind so I went cross country running with him, he made up the course and it half killed me. 
    Chamolk I suppose it was inevitable. Hope the bug passes soon.

What I will run on the road, 6+
    Why the mud did me in
    Last hard not doing parly hill
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good Sunday all
  • Options
    Morning,

LMH: I hope you will rest today and hope you feel better after the trauma.

Wabo: sorry tohear you missed out on PH

Chamolk: Sadly it was almost guaranteed you would catch it,hope it passes quickly.

yesterday an easy 4.75 miles .

What: easy run
    Why: taking things steady/tapering
    Last hard: being ill
    Lyrics:No

Have a good day  :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning.

I'm sorry you didn't get to run Parly Hill Wabo. I hope you can get your longer run in today, you need to put yourself first sometimes.

Hope you're feeling better today chamolk.

I intend to take it easy today Poppy - no point risking needing longer out due to dry socket or an infection. Enjoy your run.

What:         some walking and the gym
    Why:          it's strenuous activity I'm not to do
    Last hard:  going through with the extraction
    Last rest:   10/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Get well soon Chamolk. Hope it is over with as quickly as for the kids. 

Oh no Wabo that's a shame.

What are you tapering for WP?

Good its done now LMH. Recover well.

Have a good Sunday all.

What: Long run with MP miles
    Why: mara training
    Next hard: going out the door in the thick fog again
    Last rest: 24.01

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Hope you have a good run Hazel.

OH - Lewis is on Radio 2 now.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Shame about Partly Hill Wabo. Sounds like a decent alternative run though.

Enjoy the long run Hazel.

Hope the mouth isn't too tender, LMH.

What: short run and fitness suite

Why: doing whatever the back permits
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    My jaw is a bit achy and it didn't particularly like the cold when i went out for my walk Alehouse but otherwise it's ok. Strangely I feel absolutely wiped after my usual morning walk though. What did your GP say about your back? Is it no better?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    GP agreed the back was probably muscular and probably six weeks or more for full recovery. However she will refer me back to a consultant if there is no significant improvement in another 3 weeks. The appointment really was to review the bisphosphonate meds; she is happy that I am tolerating them. 

Dental work always seems to exhaust me!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Hazel a 10 mile race next Sunday :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    It's all ok about parly. We're off to watch a poorly ex work  mate's g son play rugby, to see the work friend mostly. Then I'll shoot off from there and do my own road run possibly picking up my running mate on route. 
    Alehouse glad you got some answers about your back. 
    Hazel hope you have a great run
  • Options
    Good to have it confirmed Alehouse. I really hope you see significant improvement before the three weeks - strange how it seemed to happen for no reason. I do find dental stuff very stressful and have had two nights of poor (even by my low standards) sleep which won't have helped. Just back from a second walk and I needed a little lie down.

Hope you have a good day today Wabo.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk -get well soon
    Ale - hope you start to see signs of improvement in the next few weeks
    LmH - well done with seeing the extraction through, hope it heals painlessly

Well I did go to Parly Hill (team manager) but felt dreadful. Ummed and aahed about running, finally deciding not to put a number on after all as just felt completely carp. 
    I did look out for you Wabo though!
    Felt rough and cold all the way home and just went straight to bed when I got in (7pm).
    A night spent variously spluttering, coughing and sneezing and woke up 14 hours later...
    Woozy this morning but feel slightly better now. No running again today and hopefully that's the back of it. 

• Options
    That sounds annoying but very sensible Dustin. Hope you feel much better tomorrow.
  • Options
    I think the wiped out feeling is the aftermath of the anaesthetic, LMH. I'm the same. And of course being stressed about an unpleasant dental appointment doesn't help either. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Sorry you both didn't get to race Parly hill, wabo and Dustin but totally understandable and sensible decisions.

How was your run, Hazel? My asthma hates fog.

Hope you're on the mend, chamolk. There's just no escaping these bugs, sadly.

Fingers crossed re. back, ale.

What: 8 sluggish miles. It's so strange that one day everything feels great and bouncy and the next your legs are stuck in treacle... I'd have understood if yesterday had been a hard or long run but it wasn't. Anyway, 62 miles for the week, so all good.

• Options
    I'm the same with never knowing which day the run is going to be good and which a slog chicksta. Miles in the bank though as you say.
  • Options
    Agree on the being wiped out LMH - lack of sleep and the anesthetics.  

Good news on the meds Ale but less so on the back - prognosis seems a long time to recover from muscular issues. Fingers crossed it is much quicker.

Hope you had a good run to compensate for missing Parly hill Wabo.

Shame you couldn't run either Dustin but certainly very sensible not to do so.  Hopefully all that sleep will see off the lurgy.

No guests today Chicksta - thank goodness wouldn't have wanted to play hostess post run.  That is great mileage for the week - I think your legs are allowed to feel a bit tired.

Long run was a bit disappointing - 16.2 d&d but I did less than the intended miles at MP and at a slower pace too.  Underfoot conditions were unpleasant - sticky mud attracting stones and grit weighing down my shoes and needing scuffing off regularly.  Pretty knackered now.  I did this run two weeks ago with no issues at all and recovered from it ok so hopefully just an off-day.  Badminton club left a nice slice of cake so pleasant refuelling.  Sure there were some healthy bits in there (carrots and bananas and such).
  • Options
    Tidal swoosh under bridge X 3 at 9 
    5k run this afternoon
    Last Wednesday (Paarlaafs)
    Last rest: yesterday (hopefully seeing a cold into touch)
    Lyrics: no but maybe appropriate (my father's anniversary today)
  • Options
    I can't hit MP in training Hazel so I think that managing any miles at it makes a good run and the cake sounds like excellent refuelling. Is it your OH who plays badminton?

Hope you are over your cold OH.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Seem to have not posted yesterday, did know the lyrics though.

Parkrun yesterday 30:05. Very busy due to running show at NEC, so a lot of tourists. First km 6:45 due to crowding!

Today running show with Lukey. He was so good throughout. New headtorch purchased :). Saw a few famous faces too.

Sounds like a lot of illness out there. Get well soon Dustin and chamolk.  Lmh hope tooth (or lack of) feels better soon.  Ale ditto back.  

Both oh and I have colds but hoping Lucas doesn't get it too.

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Evening!

Hope the running show was useful, Emz! And thanks for reminding me that I didn't say that yesterday's lyrics were You've got a friend, Carole King and James Taylor.

That sounds a solid run, Hazel: you can't expect to get up to speed on certain terrain! Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    sounds like the wars have hit home in a few areas the last few days, wishing all concerned speedy recovers etc....

its been a good weekend for me, esp as during the week I was feeling very sluggish.... had a good parkrun certainly a little faster than expected or planned by about 30 secs and then managed 7m today, longest run since September.

Have a various MS related appointments this week inc the continence clinic and MRI scans again.

Counselling is going well too, with last session planned on Weds

Take care
  • Options
    That all sounds positive, RFJ... except the Fulham result!