Tuesday 28th January 2020 - Well I dreamed that I was running, through a wilderness of plenty

Morning.

Lyrics - Well I dreamed that I was running, through a wilderness of plenty

Night shifts and stomach bugs really don't go together chamolk - what kind of doctor are you? For some reason I'd decided that you were a GP like OH. My extraction site feels better but I have that sort of abscess ache still which I'm hoping is actually just bruising and will soon go away.

Have you settled on one club now emzap?

Hope you had a better night Alehouse. You need a little heat pad you can switch on and off, like a mini electric blanket.

It looks cold, frosty and possibly slippery out and the Met Office is saying that it will feel like minus temperatures for most of the morning with the wind rising as the day progresses, not conducive to the long run i was hoping to do today, I think I'll postpone it until later in the week and hope conditions improve.

What:           easy miles
Why:            London calling
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     26/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Material Girl - Madonna.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, stretches with physio

Why: work, physio early evening

Had a slightly better night. Good idea re heat, LMH.

Frozen here.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Ale - glad you had a slightly better evening
    LmH - sounds chilly, actually looks OK out down here, no frost earlier either
    chamolk - yes I too wondered about the nights...

What - club session 10x600 steady, last 100 of each up a hill at harder effort
    Why - strides set for the marathon crew, with a twist
    Last rest - all weekend
    Last hard - breathing, generally. Still a bit bunged up, but if I felt a 4 or 5 out of 10 on Friday, plummeting to a 1 or 2 on Saturday and Sunday, I'm probably back to a 7 now. All things relative....
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I also thought chamolk was a GP!

What: walking around Worcester
    Why: meeting a friend
    Last hard: waiting for the train. It was late with no info and even the ticket office lady thought it had gone already!

Glad back is a bit better ale

Have a lovely day all and stay warm!
  • Bleurgh. Not sure how he managed it but I went down with chamolk's bug yesterday evening. Forgotten how much I hate being ill like that.

Day off work today as I'm still pretty shaky and can't eat yet.

Thanks for the feedback regarding Sunday, will need to read back as my head isn't working very well right now.

What: unwanted rest day
    Why: s. above
    Last hard: ditto
    Last rest: today

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH enjoy the easy run
    alehouse, glad your sleep was better, enjoy the short and stretches
    dustin, glad you're at 7, enjoy the session
    emzap have a lovely walk
    hazel, oh bless, take care.

what: short run this morning, run 4 later with my buddy
    why: trying to get close to 100 for January!
    Last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

hae a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Stomach bugs are the worst, Hazel. Get well soon. 

LMH: Sounds cold overe there. Brrr. Hope you still managed a decent run. 

Glad you're feeling better, Dustin. So it was deffo the right call to ditch Parly hill or else you's probably still be fighting this cold. 

Enjoy your run in company, wabo.

Hope the back is improving, ale. It sounds like it. 

I managed to tweak my calf. In bed! Now, that sounds dodgy ... it happened when I turned around. It simply went into spasm and has been hurting since. Luckily I can walk on it without much pain, but took the sensible option and went on the crosstrainer this morning rather than risk a run. 

What: 30 mins on the crosstrainer
    Why: see above
    Last hard: trying to figure out what happened
    Last rest: 3/1 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick that's blooming horrible with the calf, I've done that!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Sorry to hear that you are sick Hazel - hope you're soon feeling back to normal.

Glad to hear that you are on the mend Dustin.

Enjoy the time with your friend emzap.

You can do it Wabo!

I do that sort of thing too chicksta - most frustrating. Lots of massage and get into it with the stick if you have one would be my advice. It was chilly and gusty out. I didn't overheat in my sleeping bag jacket though I did eventually take my hat off. Managed a good MLR in the end so happy enough with that though it does mean that the LSR is still to do this week.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh no hazel, poor you. 

Finally got to Worcester, lovely breakfast and walk along the river. Got some new running shoes too, hokas this time.  Can break them out once ASICS reach 500 miles which won't be long.  Saucony still have some life left in them so don't need replacing just yet.

Beautiful day here.

Glad your run went well lmh :)
  • 6 miles this morning
    Chasing 100 miles for January
    This morning felt quite hard (as opposed to "fast")
    Last rest Friday morning

Charmolk is a GP, probably doing an out of hours shift.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Glad I'm not the only one, then ;)  Turning over in bed is a dangerous thing to do :)

Well done on the MLR, LMH. Weather is really foul here at the mo. Not cold, but super windy and wet all the time with no sign of improvement anytime soon. So glad I have a recovery week. Yesterday's 10 is the longest run for the week. I'll probably stick to the crosstrainer tomorrow too, just to be on the safe side.

I do like Hokas, em

We're off to Berlin on Thursday celebrating our 25th year together  <3, so not much running going on over the next few days. I've put in a solid 14 weeks of training, so a lighter week will definitely do no harm. Or so I keep telling my OCD ;)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    After I posted on here the guy sitting next to me on the train got beaten up. Completely unprovoked and by a stranger. The attacker then got off the train behind me and Lucas, lucky I got to the train ticket office and the guy in there basically waited with me until the attacker had gone. Attacker then came back to station and asked how to get to Birmingham, he obviously didn't originally want to get off train as the train we were on went to Birmingham. Not sure if he'd followed me off or had got off to avoid detection by police. Really scary experience. Got collected by a friend once we were all sure the guy had got in the train. Finally got home at around 4.  Still feeling bit shaken by it all. How can people do that in broad daylight in a packed train?
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Oh goodness Emzap, that's awful - especially worrying when you have a baby with you, glad you're home safel .

Sorry to spread it Hazel, hope you get over it soon. 
    Chick - hopefully it's more of a cramp that ended in a slightly strain than anything else

Yeah, OH is right - I'm a GP, was working out of hours shifts - we have a slightly different set up in Northern Ireland for GP cover out of hours than in England (not really sure about Scotland and Wales).

Haven't managed a run since Saturday, but that's my 3 nights done, so I'm hoping to get out tomorrow. 
  • That's awful Emzap.
    I forget how protected we are in Orkney.

Q In that situation would pulling the emergency handle help or hinder?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well I contemplated it, but then we are stuck on a carriage with a violent nutter... Thought it best to get to a station