Options

Sunday 2nd February 2020 - Dying swans twisted wings, beauty not needed here

Morning.

Lyrics - Dying swans twisted wings, beauty not needed here

How is Lucas doing with his teething emzap? Is your ankle ok now?

Wet here this morning so as a long run is definitely not on the cards for me we are planning a trip to the gym first. Hopefully the rain will have gone through by the time we are back and I will either walk and then try a run or just get out for a run depending on time/how I feel. I shall listen to my knee and cut it short if required but I figure doing what I can without making it any worse is better than doing nothing and the latest evidence seems to support this.

What:          gym/easy run
Why:           see above
Last hard:   not being able to run as I'd like
Last rest:    26/1

Yesterday's lyrics - All By Myself - Celine Dion.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Morning!

Was just about to post lyrics that I know but LMH got there first. And I was wrong with yesterday's: thought it was The Beatles with Help; contains the same line.

What: short run plus stretches

Why: limited by back. Not such a good night.

Hope you get to race WP. 

Well done yesterday Wabo! Hope Spurs do Leicester a favour!

All sounds good, Emz.

Decent day's work, Chamolk!

That was still a big month Chick. Pain about the calf.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hope you both get a bit of a run LMH and Ale.

I got 11 easy miles this morning which managed to salvage my week - after no running Mon-Thur, I've got 27 miles done since Friday. Would have liked a bit longer this morning but my legs were just a bit too tired.

Well done on the parkrun Emz, and Wabo on the race. 

Ale - I think Help starts when I was younger

Lyrics no

• Options
    Well raced yesterday, wabo.

Sorry to hear your back is still painful, ale and you had a rough night.

Em/Dustin: don't think any train line is as bad as Great Eastern. I suffered for 12 years commuting from Chelmsford to London and there seemed to be a new page in their big book of lies almost every day ;)

Hope you had a good run, LMH.

I managed a surprisingly decent 6.5 miles. Leg seems to have decided to cooperate again. I blame all the sitting down during our Berlin trip (car journey, long lunch, theatre, drive home) and the recovery week. I don't seem to do well on rest.

Mum's birthday today so we're taking my parents out later.
  • Options
    That's some good miles on tired legs chamolk.

Good to hear that your legs feel better chicksta. Hope you have a nice time with your mum.

Sorry you had a bad night Alehouse.

I managed a couple more miles than yesterday with the same degree of discomfort. Difficult to know what will push it over the edge and trying to stay the right side of that. Current plan is to do the same tomorrow if it's no worse in the morning as I can't risk a long walk back as I have to be at work.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Lmh Lucas is still teething, no teeth at present but it can take forever. Ankle is a lot better thanks, haven't been off road though.  

Good you got a few extra miles too.

Chick wow your mileage is amazing at the mo. Hope you had a nice time with your mum.  I love running in Berlin.

Ale sorry to hear back still troubling you.

What: made a sticky toffee pudding and walked to Lucas' swimming.
    Why: had guests, they brought main, I did pud. It's now light at the end of swimming so we are walking in dry weather
    Last hard: restraining myself from eating all the pudding!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely evening all
  • Options
    Evening!

All sounds good, Emz! 

Well done Spurs, Wabo! Mind you, City snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Suits Leicester as well.

Happy birthday to your mum, Chick! Hope she enjoyed the day.

Back improved during the day, but legs really didn't want to play. 15 minute run was hard work. 

Last hard: deciding what to pack apart from trainers; forecast for Seville is remarkably warm for February.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

sorry you had a rough nigh Ale.

Ref poor nights I am there most nights, but mainly anxiety driven, I'm not in the best place mentally at present, loads of tests and appointments here, continence clinic, MRIs x 2 (80 mins in a MRI chamber is not fun), plus occ health booked up too...

Running is my sanity at present, good day out with Mrs RFJ and friends at a mates 500th... at Frimley Lodge... 23:42 for me and followed up with 7.25m today, of which the last mile was a hard struggle....

onwards and upwards to battle, lets go

Have a good week all