Monday, 3rd February 2020 - Don't let go

Morning :)

Lyrics today: Don't let go
Don't lose your mystique

We're back in Hamburg, em :)

Good to see you, RFJ. That's a good parkrun time.

Hope the knee plays ball today, LMH

Waiting for the rain to subside. Wet, wet, wet ...

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I also like running in Hamburg chick :)

Rfj hope results are positive and good running.  Hope things improve mentally soon for you. Thoughts are with you.

What: hoping club this evening
    Why: little boy sometimes dictates otherwise!
    Last hard: getting up, dreamt hubbie came in and said I had to get up when he did nothing of the sort!
    Lyrics: nope

How is knee lmh?
    How is back ale?
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope you get to the club, Emz.

Hopefully dry here today, Chick...and hoping it is both dry and warm when I get to Seville this evening. And stays that way for the next few days. 

What: short run

Why: back still not right, but is improving. Always at its worst overnight and first thing.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Travel well Ale.  Have you thought about your mattress - otherwise your bed as well?  Anything that needs sorting there?

Thoughts are with you rfj. Glad that running brings you relief from the mental issues.

Good luck with getting out to the club this evening emzap.

Well done on your race at the weekend Wabo.

Good end to your running week chamolk.

Hope you had a nice outing with your mum Chicksta.

Hope the knee cooperates this morning LMH.

I'm currently still stuck on the after affects of my bug.  I generally feel fine - no fatigue, eating well and errm sorry, disposing of it again, no pains, no fever, nothing.  In contrast I have too much energy which needs to get out.  But my legs have quite simply closed down in some way - no muscle tone and distinctly lacking in coordination.  2-3 miles at recovery + 1-2 mins is all I can do.  No idea what the issue still is.  Probably should trot off to the docs but as I'm not impaired in anyway for everyday life I don't want to simply be told to rest and be sent home again and have to pay for the pleasure of hearing that (Swiss medcare = expensive, not even the basics are fully covered).

What: nothing
    Why: seemingly no point
    Last hard: running at all and not being able to
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel - that sounds pretty rough, hopefully you'll recover soon enough naturally?
    Wabo - well done with your race
    RFJ - take care mate, glad the running is helping 
    chamolk - good key finding skills!
    ale - pleased to hear the heat pad is helping but I sense your frustration with the slow progress
    Chick - 400k in a month is stiull impressive. My January was below 200 miles (320k) for the first time in years - normally I'm closer to your distance. 
    LmH - Hopefully it's not as bad a shaving to give up running, but I certainly sympathise with the continued problems. 

Thanks for comments re possible chest infection - it's better every day so I'll not bother my GP, besides it will take 10-14 days to get an appointment anyway..
    That said had an almost decent few days training:
    Saturday was almost 11m on trail including a few shallow (but long) hill repeats. Yesterday joined the club run for 15 more trail. Disaster struck 6 miles in, the whole of my Inov8 sole came unstuck down one side, literally from toe to heel. They had shown no signs of damage or wear and tear prior. 
    Fortunately managed to recycle a discarded inner tube thoughtfully left round a kissing gate, and a couple of cable ties to secure the sole at least temporarily for a further 6 back to the car. 
    I have neve been so happy to finish a run!
    Kids XC in the afternoon and a bonus 5.5 miles leg stretcher afterwards

Today - easy lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    last rest - last Sunday
    last hard - yesterday I guess

• Morning again!

Very creative, Dustin! Necessity is the mother of invention!

I know how you feel, Hazel! I should be relatively fresh having done so little running of late; legs simply don't want to play ball though and I know I can't have lost that much fitness in a couple of weeks. I'm sure it will all come good for you soon. And re mattress, will see what effect a different bed has for the next three nights.

Off to get my euros and then a short run. Cold and blustery at present, but dry. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Very creative Dustin!

Enjoy your hols ale

Off for a walk with mummy friends at the parkrun lake.  Bet I'm the only one who's gone round it 70+ times!
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Brave New World - Iron Maiden.

I'm with you on the positive effects of running on mental health RFJ.

Unfortunately Dustin I know that I'm on borrowed time with my knees. Nice weekend there.

That sounds strange Hazel - I hope whatever it is rights itself soon.

I'm glad things are improving and hope the warm weather helps Alehouse - I know I could do with some. March of the wheelie bins windy here.

Hope you get to club emzap.

Did you get a dry spell chicksta?

My knee was definitely less happy on my walk this morning and I was unsure if I should try a run or not but of course I did. Daren't push it even as far as yesterday but something is better than nothing and I don't think I've made it any worse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow busy morning already!!
    Morning all
    LMH sorry your knee is still not right but glad you haven't made it worse today
    emzap have a lovely walk, thats a lot of circuits! Hope you get to the club
    alehouse ooh lovely holidays! Have a great time, hope that naughty back settles soon
    dustin, wow you were a proper intrepid explorer!! Glad you sorted the shoes that would have been a disaster! Busy running, glad you lurgy is improving. I can only just say now that mine seems to have gone and it started in November!! 
    Hazel, oh that sounds annoying, hope your legs come back soon
    Chick have a lovely time in Hamburg

What: 2.4 d&d , might do hour walk with a dear friend this evening, If not another run
    why: tape measure upset me this morning  :D
    Last hard: this morning, legs felt saturday
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hazel: That sounds post-viral to me. Give it a bit more time. I just looked into my training diary for April last year when I had it. I did not run or exercise for 7 days! And when I ran again my HR was sky-high and I didn't get any further than 5 or 6 miles.

Safe travels, ale. Enjoy some warm weather training. Seville is a beautiful place for running. Hazel has a point re. mattress.

Another one here who usually feels shite after little running.

Hope you get to club, em. Wow, 70+ times is loads :)

Blimey, Dustin. That's not something you want to happen halfway through a long run!  Glad that inner tube came to the rescue. Also good to hear that your chest is better.

Glad you got out, LMH. You're managing it well.

Dinner when parents was lovely yesterday. We went to a seafood place. I had scallops. Yum.

Managed to dodge the worst of the showers but wore my OMM jacket just in case. A bit wet one mile in and again shortly before I got home. Very windy too but rather mild at 8 degrees.

What: 9 mile gentle progression run - 3 each at 8:48, 8:35 and 8:18 pace. Av. HR was zone 2, so happy with that.
    Why: recovery week to s over
    Last hard: the bits against the wind
    Last rest: 30/1
  • I'm just about managing to keep running chicksta but that's as good as it gets. Physio has been able to fit me in tomorrow afternoon so I'm hoping she can get me back marathon training.

Enjoy the time with your friend whatever you decide to do Wabo.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Fingers crossed, LMH 🤞

I live in Hamburg, wabo ;) enjoy the outing with your friend.
  • A bit wild here today
    Swim (just) before the storm
    Scapa loop run at height of storm (46 gusting 65 mph) along with two like minded runners
    Last hard: Els  stuck on wrong side of Pentland Firth and losing Rab cap on run (blew away)
    Last rest: 9 day s ago
    Lyrics no

Also have a few euros (and Swiss Francs). Boats should be fine by then (to Aberdeen)

• Well improvised Dustin. You never know when a cable tie might come in handy.
  • Hello from Seville! Warm enough to sit outside a bar at midnight!