Wednesday 5th February 2020 - Woke up from a bad dream

Morning.

Lyrics - Woke up from a bad dream

That does sound like a good day OH. Enjoy your trip.

Nice walking with the boys chamolk. Thanks for the thought but I've been told quite emphatically that I need to walk especially when I can't run.

How long are you going to be soaking up the sun for Alehouse?

Physio said that my whole right leg was tight as well as my lower back on that side. I came very close to swearing (and hitting her) when she caught me unawares at one point, one of my most painful sessions but hopefully worth it as she thinks I should be ok to run today. I must do lots of foam rolling, spiky massage ball etc. Fingers crossed everyone, this is going to be the shortest marathon campaign in history at this rate.

What:             easy miles
Why:              testing the knee
Last hard:      physio's elbow
Last rest:       4/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Fragile by Sting.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Was about to set the lyrics. Don't know today's.

That sounds positive, LMH. And you have lots of miles banked plus lots of experience so a shorter campaign will be fine.

Two more full days here, hopefully with sun. Fly back very late Thursday evening. May be Friday by the time I am home.

What: short run soon. 

Why: waiting for it to get light.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LmH - don't over do it and there is nothing worng with an 11 week plan for London...Hope the physio helped.
    Ale - looks dreadful there, can't think why you'd want that rather than the grim UK....
    OH - enjoy the trip and safe journey
    Chamolk - nice work with the walk to school

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    Last rest - last Sunday
    Last hard - Last night, club threshold session - 5 miles of which the last mile was through gritted teeth. 
    Didn't set the world alight pace wise, but probably the first 5 miler at 7:10 pace in months
    Glad to see the back of that one. Just shy of 10 with the warm ups and cool downs

Lyric - not sure
  • Morning

agree with the others LMH regarding a shorter mara campaign.  I wouldn't worry about swearing at the physio, I can imagine they are used to it! 

Nice pics Ale.  Enjoy the sun and warmth whilst you can.

Well done on the threshold run Dustin.  I hope you didn't forget to breath through those gritted teeth.  Love the DIY repairs on your shoe.

Travel well OH.  Wave to the north-west when you go past Berne on your way to Adelboden and I will wave back.  Weather looks ok until Monday at the moment.  Good you found your cap again.

Like the idea of walking to school chamolk. 

Nice to come home to the smell of cooking Wabo. 

Hope you are feeling better today WP.  Shame about the race.

Well done on getting the TM miles done chicksta.

What: some sort of run not sure of distance yet but nothing fast
    Why: managed 6 easy paced miles yesterday by forcing the legs to do the left-right stuff
    Last hard: plucking up the courage to try that.  Still wobbly but I am going to try to run through it now
    Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: possibly
  • Fingers crossed you're over the worst, Hazel.

7:10 is fast enough for a threshold run in my book, Dustin. That used to be my HM pace. Sigh. Those were the days ...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, LMH. You have a very solid base anyway, so hopefully everything should come good now.

Great multi-tasking, chamolk. And you're keeping your carbon footprint low ;)

What: hill session - no hill long enough anywhere near me to complete today's workout, so I went on the TM instead. 4 x 6 mins with 3 min recoveries, then 3 x 2 mins with 1 min recovery and 3 x 30 secs with 90 sec recoveries. 5 mins between sets, 15 min warm-up and 10 min cool-down. I played around with the gradient and changed it every 30 secs to keep the boredom at bay. TBH, this was tough but it felt a lot more fun than my recovery slog yesterday. 9 miles in total.
    Why: training plan
    Last hard: in terms of sweat deffo today
    Last rest: 30/1
    Lyrics: no 
  • Afternoon,

What: 6.1 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: Being ill all the time
    Lyrics nope

Happy to be back on the hills again.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Afternoon!

What: second short run d&d

Why: taking advantage of the sunshine. Only 22 today though. I'll take that any day of the year! Slightest breeze and bright blue above. Back still a bit creaky but am sure the warmth is helping.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    alehouse what a lovely pic and sky! Hope the run was good
    chick that is some session on a TM, I doff my cap to you!!
    dustin enjoy the lunch time easy
    LMH sounds like a painful but good appt!
    Hazel Hope your run is ok
    poppy sorry you've been poorly so long, but amazing miles

what: 2.3 this am, 2 more later
    why: errand running
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

New shoes came today so they may go out on the errand spin today!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Which shoes did you get, wabo?

I have a pic of that bridge, too, ale :+1:  It was before the smartphone age though ... 

Nice miles, poppy.
  • It must be frustrating Poppy.

That's some running on treadie chicksta.

Sounds as though you're feeling a bit better Hazel?

Good to hear that your back is easing Alehouse.

Hope you have a nice, bouncy run in your new shoes Wabo.

That looks like a good session to me Dustin.

My knee wasn't pain free on my walk this morning but an email conversation with my physio confirmed that she thought I should run through pain as long as it isn't affecting my gait or causing my knee to be more painful after a run so I duly set out. It doesn't hurt when I start running but comes on in the first mile and gradually builds. Just at the point where I was trying to decide whether it was getting into 'too much' territory I realised that it had settled and wasn't getting any worse. It was definitely less painful than on Monday's run so fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Nice pictures AH  :)

Swim and Fartlek track session today.
    Last day probably for both
    Last hard: track session (but pace graph did look appropriate)
    Last rest: yesterday was fairly restful.
    Lyrics no

Will indeed wave as I pass through Berne on Friday afternoon, Hazel