Options

Tuesday 18th February 2020 - Goodnight baby, sleep tight my love

Morning.

Lyrics - Goodnight baby, sleep tight my love

It sounded as though you were getting battered weather wise when the traffic was on the radio OH. Glad it wasn't too bad. I guess swimming is out until your stitches are?

More rain forecast for this afternoon - we could really use a break.

What:           short and easy/gym
Why:            MLR yesterday/haven't been this week
Last hard:    finding somewhere to run
Last rest:     11/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Morning
    Yesterday's lyrics were Crazy, Gnarls Barkley
    Lmh enjoy the short one and the gym. Hope your knee is good today
    What commute to s and from work
    Why car brake pads 
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Only did 2 last night after drive home being bit rubbish and getting to mechanic lots later than I hoped! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning

Bad luck with the op being cancelled LMH.  Hope you can use the extra time.

Good news regarding M74 Ale. And also regarding the conditions post-storm.

Shudders at the thought of root canal treatment Chicksta.  Hope you aren't too battered afterwards now.  Travel plans are now fixed for Hamburg btw.  Up on 16.04, down on 21.04 (daytime train).

Have a good commute Wabo.

You could dye your beard green again OH to distract from your eyeshadow.

What: haven't checked yet - something involving a group outing this evening, maybe with a solo bit to add mileage
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: typing Vs on my keyboard - must be a crumb under the key or something
    Last rest: Yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, long stretch

Why: ran "long" yesterday/Tuesday routine

Hope you are ok post canal, Chick!

Hope the v gets sorted Hazel!

And the brakes Wabo!

Hope you stay dry on your run, LMH! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH that is annoying about the op, can't be helped I guess but you obviously want to get answers
    alehouse have a lovely short run long stretch, it is lovely out there this morning
    the commute was lovely,  only 1.5 mile from the station to work, longer later because I have to do that 1.5 again and then 3.5 to get my car.
    hazel had to check what the v meant in alehouse's post lol!Have a good run today
  • Options
    Not very pleasant here, Wabo: was going to try and tidy the garden post-storm but we have very cold rain at present.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Sounds like we got away pretty lightly with this storm, hasnt been nearly as bad as what some of you are getting. 

Yesterday I got a 5.6 mile progressive run in the morning, then managed another 3.6 miles fairly easy in the evening, so got my double. Went a lot better than the last time I tries it, though my calves were a bit stiff getting up this morning. Might just do some cross training the gym today.

Sorry to hear about the minor op LMH, hope it gets rerranged soon. Hope the dental work went well chick.

Nice commuting Wabo, very environmentally friendly

Hazel, at least its a less important key.

Ale - glad the back is ok after the long run

OH - you could make it part of a new goth or emo look maybe

Lyrics no
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the cancellation is causing you grief, LMH. Do you have a new date fixed? I had a tense couple of weeks waiting for a biopsy result a few years ago so totally understandable that you wanted this to be done sooner rather than later.
    Our river is dammed in by massive dykes (about 10m). There was a horrible flood in 1962 that killed many people. Since then they've ramped up the flood defence system so there's plenty of room still for the excess rainwater and storm tides. I feel quite safe although we're less than 200m away from the river. 

Well done on the double, chamolk.

Hazel: That's a shame - I'm just going to miss you. We fly back overnight on the 20th, so back in Frankfurt early on the 21st and back home in the afternoon. Guess our trains are going to meet somewhere in the middle of Germany :) I shall make sure to wave at the passing trains.

Root canal is never nice but at least it didn't hurt this time around. I just don't get along with the anaesthetic. It always wipes me out completely. So despite going to bed really early I couldn't get out of bed this morning and had a lie in. Hopefully I can fit a little run in this evening. Still ever so windy, unfortunately but I guess I just have to suck it up and go.

• Options
    Easy 4.5 miles this morning before being wired up for 24h ecg
    stitches don’t preclude swimming but 24h ecg recorder does ( and has weather)
    weather still not great but nothing exceptional 
    lyrics no

• Options
    I find the trick with doubles is to take the second run as easy as you need to chamolk. Are you experimenting with them as a way of increasing your mileage.

I meant over the last couple of days OH. I thought you wouldn't be able to get your stitches wet. Not like you to let bad weather prevent swimming :-)

I hope you got your V working Hazel.

Procedure has been re-booked for 12th March. I didn't think I was stressed about it but having it cancelled has made me realise it might be on my mind more than I realised.

Hope the weather is kind for your run this afternoon Wabo.

I just got back before the rain started Alehouse. Encountered three more 'never seen flooding here before' places during the course of my short run though and it's raining heavily - no idea where I'm going to be able to run tomorrow. I feat it may be out and backs on the cycle path alongside the A6 - assuming I can get to that.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    LMH - partially. Upping my miles at the minute again, but I found I needed a day or two each week without running to prevent aches and pains, so I wondered if I could do a double or two each week, and still have a day or two but running. Plus, I'd heard that an easy run in the evening could help recovery. Mostly, I'm just experimenting.

Did a half hour row and a half hour cycle in the gym this afternoon

Hope you recover soon chick
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    weather isn't looking kind lmh, I might have to get a lift to the station near work so that I don't sit on trains soaking wet when I have to run from the other end anyway!! Glad you have a new date for the biopsy
    chick glad root canal was easier this time
    OH hope the 24 hours goes well

• Options
    (won't know results for 6 weeks - so get test done then forget about it)
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Did 3 miles from station to home. My running is starting to feel a bit earlier at the moment. Think I'll revisit that park run Saturday try to improve!